The DEMON is coming...

Comments

• simm
    simm Posts: 562
    John, if I remember correctly you work at a dealership. How is the overall reliability of the smaller engined Challengers? Specifically the 5.7 R/T. They are really nice looking cars.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    No issues with those. Good cars. 392 scat packs are a fun drive.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • :D Awesome !
    When you take her out for her weekly/monthly, Keep-Her-Fresh-Around-The-Block regimen, will Ms. Nooshin be manning the station at Mission Control ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzCsDVfPQqk

Did I mention Awesome ? :D

Sal Palooza
  • nooshinjohn
    edited September 2017
    Nope... she will be in the base chapel praying I get home in one piece.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    No issues with those. Good cars. 392 scat packs are a fun drive.

Thanks. My wife and I test drove one last weekend. A new 2016 but couldn't quite get where I wanted pricewise for it. I may wait until after the first of the year when her car is paid for and I have paid for the last semester of college for my youngest and go after a 2018 with the 392. We really liked the ride and power of the car we drove and can only imagine the fun with the bigger engine.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    I just had a brilliant idea. FCA should come out with a no-holds-barred high performance variant of the Fiat 500 and call it the Hellgrammite

x90nswtrdb4b.png

You read it here first!

:confused:

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    ^^^ I've caught many bass and walleye with the larva of the Dobsonfly in my youth. Those mandibles (pinchers) can take a chunk out of a fingertip if not handled carefully.
  • mhardy6647
    edited November 2017
    Indeed. When I was a yoot, we used to call one of those larvae (or is it a nymph?) a "he11-of-a-bite" :)

Sorry for the minor thread detour. GPS is now rerouting...
    rerouting...
    rerouting...
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Yeah John... when's the Demon coming? We want pics!
  • I am Legend
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    2018 Dodge Demon brand new prices are dropping.........
    A glut of these on the market right now as there are hellcats....so great prices out there for those in the market.. Dodge got a lil carried away on the production runs......had the pleasure of driving both as a dealer here has 3 demons on his lot.....ended up driving a 2015 Hellcat home for my new daily driver.......pics to be posted................
  • nooshinjohn
    There have been only thirty demons shipped so far.. what dealer has three?

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517

The one PFB talks to on ebay :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • There have been only thirty demons shipped so far.. what dealer has three?

I believe the first ones are units sold to drag racers and ones sold to customers who didn't pay over list price. After that sold units will be shipped to price gougers who charged over list.

automobilemag.com/news/2018-dodge-challenger-srt-demon-begins-shipping-today/
    Before each Demon goes into production, the Demon Concierge requires a notarized acknowledgement document signed by the dealer and the customer as well. This document has a detailed list of the technical specs of the Demon as well "safety considerations," which seems reasonable for a car capable of producing 840 horsepower.
    The acknowledgement document will also have the agreed-upon price by the dealer and the customer, so Dodge can figure out what production slot that Demon receives. Dodge is really taking this whole don't-charge-over-MSRP thing very seriously.

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a10160467/dodge-challenger-srt-demon-allocations/

Dodge demands owners sign a waiver when the car is ordered.

https://blog.caranddriver.com/dodge-demands-owners-sign-waiver-when-ordering-demon/

So how would a dealer have a stock unit on their lot much less three??????
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

That's a good question since Canada only gets 300 Demons where the US gets 3000.

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    edited November 2017
    TNTsTunes wrote: »
    That's a good question since Canada only gets 300 Demons where the US gets 3000.

They are going to need an old priest and a young priest.
  • mhardy6647
    TNTsTunes wrote: »

Dandy avatar.

es0h8l7nbv4n.png

cvcorwkn8r1w.png

:)
  • mhardy6647
    PS (and final hijack, at least on this topic) -- my son's version, from some years back:

bo9pricotfzv.png

Supposedly Airport Dodge that's were his Hellcat is from. If so they have 5 allocated to them, 3 are sold and none are expected until sometime in the first quarter of 2018.

• NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    edited December 2017
    showing up on car guru at under MSRP I would have taken that offer to buy out at double the price and run.....any word on when yours will be delivered should be soon as you paid a reasonable price and have the VIN......can only imagine how much fun it will be after spending time in the hellcat.....a nice LA to Vegas run....
  • nooshinjohn
    The under MSRP are all bogus. As soon as the cars hit the dealer manifest, they are automatically listed by the websites. The pay tend to be selling at 30k above, plus/minus.

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Ooph.....getting from 8 to 9 would be a grinder...
    With that many gears, you had better be lightning on the clutch and are probably red lining in 5mph increments. :D
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Any idea when you take delivery?
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Like riding a bike with multiple derailleurs -- come to think of, when one's car is a Fiat, it's probably a good idea to have a bike handy, too!

;)
    FIAT = Fix It Again, Tony
  • 0wdbyib87by3.jpeg

I look forward to your impressions. Did you get radio delete or deluxe Bose? I work where the shocks come from and have look at the promo banners and just admire from afar...
  • mhardy6647
    cincycat13 wrote: »
    0wdbyib87by3.jpeg

I look forward to your impressions. Did you get radio delete or deluxe Bose? I work where the shocks come from and have look at the promo banners and just admire from afar...

Doesn't seem to have drawn much of a crowd there...

;)
  • nooshinjohn
    Mine is fully loaded, minus the blackout roof and trunk. I wanted something for show.

This discussion has been closed.