The DEMON is coming...

Comments

• A little off-topic, perhaps, but I was not aware that Mildred Burns was the hair stylist for The Roy Rogers Show.
    I wonder if she included "Trigger" as part of her duties.
    I would imagine that "Bullet" was left to his own devices, being a "Wonder Dog" and all.

John's Demon is a Bullet, but it ain't no dog.
    Sal Palooza
  • I believe she was Monty Burns' sister.
  • Exxcccelllenntt

giphy.gif

Sal Palooza
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,942
    edited August 2017
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Well, everyone has an opinion on something. The key is how you express it. Based on my wants and salary, $85K for a car is not in my zone. On the other hand, what I have spent on stereo and HT gear will offend much more people than buying an expensive car. To each their own. But when I win Powerball tonight then lookout. I want it all. :)

Your correct....to each his own. My biggest issue with ever owning a super nice car like this is it just takes one jackass to ding your door or one rock to fly off the interstate because the Georgia Highway employees are too lazy to clean up debris and....you're like what the heck!?! Where with gear you can keep it in a controlled environment and the wear and tear is a lot less.

• I think the only domestic that has real investment potential are the Ford GT's. For all recent cars, Porsche 918, le Ferrari, and McLarin P1 are going to make some rich people even richer. Zonda and Koenigsegg make/made some special cars too but I don't thing anyone down the road is going to get into a pissing match to buy one. Like the Koenigsegg like Mayweather has only pulled in around $140k in a recent no reserve auction and there were only two of that model ever made. Guy that sold it probably committed suicide when it sold for VW bus money.
  • Just a bit of sadness.

https://www.musclecarfan.com/weve-found-first-dead-dodge-demon-engine-knocking/

Pretty impressive up till then though.
    Polk RTiA9
    Polk CSiA6
    Polk FXiA6
    Proson rear surr
    2 x SVS PB12NSD
    Pioneer SC86
    Rotel 1575
    RTiA3
    4K Sony 65"
    Sony UBP-X700
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    That's a I believe that's a hellcat since the demon's not out yet
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    On the bright side, FCA's clearly improved the lifespan of their engines! ;)

• Bigtent wrote: »
    Just a bit of sadness.

https://www.musclecarfan.com/weve-found-first-dead-dodge-demon-engine-knocking/

Pretty impressive up till then though.

Not a rod knock, that's top end/valve train noise.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• I've had/have late model Dodge Magnum and Hemi trucks and have always thought they have too much valve train noise. Definitely no rod knock or detonation noises. Just valve train.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    The Challenger in the video is a Hellcat with a wide body kit and an aftermarket hood.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • September BBC Top Gear magazine has a pretty decent write up after abusing one as much as they could. Mentioned one being hot lapped for 5500 trips with zero issues. Using it for what it's built for I feel makes a difference. I once built a kid a 2003 Cobra that did 520hp to the ground that he grenaded trying to top out over 200 mph one night on the George Bush toll road. Zero problems with it on the strip or open track. These aren't Ferrari 812's or McLaren 570 GT's built for that kind of speed.
  • When do you take delivery? Anxious to see pics.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2017
    [/quote]

Your correct....to each his own. My biggest issue with ever owning a super nice car like this is it just takes one jackass to ding your door or

[/quote]

Back in late 83 I bought the new 84 Vette and constantly worried about that. I'd park way out in the parking lot usually next to a light poll to eliminate anyone from parking on that side. To this day I still park away from everyone and walk. No one has any respect for other people's cars. I'll never forget around that same time one of my employees bought his first brand new car, a 6 cylinder Firebird that looked like a Trans Am. He was so proud of that car. He always parked behind the shop like I did to stay away from a-holes. One day on his day off he stopped by the shop for a minute for something and parked in front. A few minutes later a station wagon full of people pulled up next to his car. As he went running out the door to try to save his car, all four station wagon side doors flew open like a bomb went off inside it putting two crease dents with paint scrapes in the side of his car. He bitched but never got a dime from the driver. He was truly heart broken. Couple months later I paid to have it repaired for him for a Christmas bonus. All's good again so I thought. Turns out the bass **** had been stealing from me the entire time he worked for me.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Uhm .... I, uh .... {cough} {cough} ..... errrr ........ uhhh ......... well ...... :o
    Sal Palooza
  • Been thinking about this car too much and noticed something. I've read it comes 315/40-18 Nitro drag radials (plus skinnies in the drag pack. Are they installing the big sticky fronts so owners will have extras after going through the rears? Or maybe the big front tires for double duty on road courses? If the suspension is set up for drag racing though it's not going to be much fun open tracking or street driving. Not enough rebound valving and too much compression valving in front to drive drive on the street. And the opposite in rear. Valved for weight transfer to the rear for traction for wheelies and better 60' times. Change the shocks and struts to more conventual settings and it might turn into a strong track day car and better/safer street car.
  • nooshinjohn
    That is not what the car is built for. I bought a drag racer that I can drive on the street. You are free to go buy one of your very own and do anything you want to it.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    edited September 2017
    Slapaho wrote: »
    Been thinking about this car too much and noticed something. I've read it comes 315/40-18 Nitro drag radials (plus skinnies in the drag pack. Are they installing the big sticky fronts so owners will have extras after going through the rears? Or maybe the big front tires for double duty on road courses? If the suspension is set up for drag racing though it's not going to be much fun open tracking or street driving. Not enough rebound valving and too much compression valving in front to drive drive on the street. And the opposite in rear. Valved for weight transfer to the rear for traction for wheelies and better 60' times. Change the shocks and struts to more conventual settings and it might turn into a strong track day car and better/safer street car.

The cars made to go straight. That's it.
    But in his case, To get groceries once a year, and collect some dust. :wink: and probably run over one of your "hoes" In the process.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• mhardy6647
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    That is not what the car is built for. I bought a drag racer that I can drive on the street. You are free to go buy one of your very own and do anything you want to it.

Yes that sun roof option will scream drag racer ;)

You're just jealous.

;)
  • That is not what the car is built for. I bought a drag racer that I can drive on the street. You are free to go buy one of your very own and do anything you want to it.

My thinking or wondering how single use they made it. A chassis set up to be it's best drag racing isn't much fun driving around in. Dodge putting the big drag radials on the front is what's puzzling to me. They did it for a reason. Either so you'll have an extra pair? Or maybe for open track? If you're buying it to actually go drag racing somewhere that'll let you on the track that's great. I'm just wondering about the OEM front tire choice since.
  • ......since I assume you're getting the drag-pack or whatever they're calling it and will be running the skinnies up front if you get on a strip.
  • If the shocks and struts are valved to be it's best on a drag strip you probably not going to dig it too much on the street. Especially over wavy bumps and hard turns. Anyone that's tried like Lakewood drag struts and shocks on their daily driver will tell you it's not much fun. I've read it has pretty bad body roll in turns but the wide body kit and huge tires help a little bit. They didn't say anything good or bad about overall handling other than they had to take it easy on the street other than trying to do a wheelie at every stop sign.

I'm not bashing the car in any way. I'm just curious how far they took the chassis and suspension to get the front lift. Hopefully they added subframe connectors/ladder bars to help keep the uni-body somewhat straight. I'd imagine every nitrous company is already working on light kits for 1000HP, exhaust companies, and all of the usual crap claiming gains. Owners trying to get even more out of it will need the chassis mods even more. It's a potent car that's going to need to be treated with respect. With drag radials all around and wacky drag racing suspension there's going to be more than a few wrapped around poles.
  • mhardy6647
    edited September 2017
    Slapaho wrote: »
    ... It's a potent car that's going to need to be treated with respect. ... there's going to be more than a few wrapped around poles.

Which will only make well-cared for examples even better investment vehicles*, which, it will be recalled, was the gist of the first post of this thread and, presumably, still remains the OP's primary goal.

• nooshinjohn
    I am more concerned about dust scratches and tire rot than a utility pole. I have some experience with high powered cars as well, so when it does come out of its slumber for a trip or two around the block, it will be in very good hands.

The only time my neighbors will know I even have it is when it sounds like I have a WWII fighter plane idling in my garage.

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Better hide the keys if you have another Polk gathering at the house. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mhardy6647
    I am more concerned about dust scratches and tire rot than a utility pole. I have some experience with high powered cars as well, so when it does come out of its slumber for a trip or two around the block, it will be in very good hands...

My point exactly.
    The "hold my beer" crowd will wreck theirs in the first 3 months of ownership; yours will be, to quote Steely Dan, albeit out of context, kitchen clean. :)
  • nooshinjohn
    edited September 2017
    The car will have a vin number by the end of the week... :DB)

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    The car will have a vin number by the end of the week... :DB)

very nice

• obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    Have fun with your Saturn 5 rocket.
    And say hi to Chevy Chase for me :D

qieu284tna97.gif
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
This discussion has been closed.