The DEMON is coming...

This morning, I placed an order for a 2018 Dodge Demon, in Octane Red! I can't wait to get my hands on that already legendary red key and fire it up. This is my very first new car and I am excited to begin tracking her progress as she is built. I think I will name her Christine!
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    edited June 2017
  • gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    Congrats man, should be a cool ride for sure.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    But if you want it to be worth a million dollars in 20 years you can't drive it. So where is the joy?

BTW congrats
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    But if you want it to be worth a million dollars in 20 years you can't drive it. So where is the joy?

BTW congrats

million dollars :* ?????
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Wow! Very cool. Do you have a lot of experience with high powered cars ? If not, just take it easy for a while. Probably will be the fastest production car of all time. Di you ever think a factory car could pull its front tires off the ground? Crazy!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    A day at Bob Bondurant is included, and I will be going to that for sure. The intent is to drive it a bit, but keep the miles very low.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,699
    I think you are extremely optimistic on your assessment of it's potential appreciation over your chosen time period.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    But will it beat a Leaf at a red light...

Ms Cleo sees many tickets in your future :D
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,030
    edited June 2017
    Jstas wrote: »
    I think you are extremely optimistic on your assessment of it's potential appreciation over your chosen time period.

Yep. Anything pegged as a collectors item today.........most likely won't ever be. That's not to say it won't have some value beyond MSRP and or typical depriciation, but staking ones future on a big windfall usually is a big disappointment. If it doubles in value that's a pretty solid investment.

But then again who really knows for sure................maybe there will be a pot-o-gold at the end of your rainbow in 20 years.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • nooshinjohn
    It is a risk, but given the track record of other very low volume cars and the historic nature of this particular car, it is a risk worth taking. I already have an offer on the table at double my buy price...

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Very cool! I am still pretty sure I would beat you in a race in my 97 civic dx.

Here's the deal, you win I get the dodge, I win you get the Honda. No need to hash out the details just say okay.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • heiney9
    I don' think it's much of a risk as it will always bring you as much or more than you pay if you use it very little and keep it pristine. Just doubt they will be selling at Barrett Jackson auctions in 20 years for $500K - 1M

Really for it to be any value it needs to be properly stored and rarely driven, that's a PITA for the next 20 years. If you move you'll need a covered trailer, etc.

And to buy something like that and not able to enjoy it..........well, to me, that's not worth it. Buy 2 and save 1......that's the ticket.

Enjoy, new cars are fun.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    How long before you take delivery?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • heiney9
    edited June 2017
    I read they FCA are building them in the order of lowest payment. Meaning if you pay way over sticker you get yours much, much later and with a higher Serial number. They are trying to curtail the dealer gouging that goes on.

So, it depends on what John paid relative to the other 3,299 customers.

http://jalopnik.com/the-people-who-pay-the-most-for-a-dodge-demon-will-be-l-1796270712

H9
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,639
    Congrats John.

I already spoke to my dealer about the 2018 Grand Cherokee Trackhawk but their allotment is already spoken for by people with way more disposable income than I. And since they own all 5 of the local FCA dealerships, they are referring to the entire allotment, not just one store's. :'(
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Not being into cars, I had never heard of it, so I Googled it. $85K? Yikes. :o

Have fun.

kx6z1qhyir6s.jpg
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    In with 56.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Cool car...I bought a 71 340 Demon back in the day...Hurst shift..Edelebrock Torquer manifold..Think I gave around 4k for it....That car LOVED the interstates..Just about the same color too...You're gonna have fun!...LOL!..
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,699
    edited June 2017
    I have a limited production, insanely powerful, factory vehicle that is now 17 years old and while it has held value fairly well, it's no where near a million bucks in value. It's not even near it's purchase price. Even the few pristine, undriven, garage kept ones that I know of are only barely pulling in their original invoice numbers and they are 13-19 years old at this point.

If you want to get that kind of investment out of it, better build a climate controlled garage for it, do a ton of preventative maintenance and just look at it a whole bunch because if it has any number of miles beyond reasonable delivery miles on it, it's value is going to plummet like a stone.

No matter what fool is willing to pay $170K for a car he can go order himself for $85K.

You're in for a HUGE disappointment in 20 years. However, when your kids are the same age as you will be in 20 years when you're severely disappointed, if they still have the car in the garage and it's in like-new condition, they might have a few hunnert grand on their hands. No where near a million, though.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • heiney9
    Msabot1 wrote: »
    You're gonna have fun!...LOL!..

No he's not!!! He's saving it as a huge windfall investment 20 years from now! Which means no touchy......just look.

>:):D

H9 >:)

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    BlueFox wrote: »
    $85K? Yikes. :o

What did you spend on your speakers? :D
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Not even half that. Plus I can use my speakers 24/7, and my home insurance covers them.

He is into speaker wire territory. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    How much trade in did you get on the Triangleart Reference?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Msabot1
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Msabot1 wrote: »
    You're gonna have fun!...LOL!..

No he's not!!! He's saving it as a huge windfall investment 20 years from now! Which means no touchy......just look.

>:):D

H9 >:)

20 years??....Hell...we could all be dead long before that!...Live For Today man...Live For Today....LOL!
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    I already have an offer on the table at double my buy price...
    So you supposedly drop $85k on a car as an investment and have to think about an offer double that even before getting it? Alrighty then :*
  • nooshinjohn
    Dealers here in SoCal are selling the cars with anywhere between 50 and 100k in markup. My car is just 5k over window, so I am buying it right. Valuation on anything like this is pure speculation, but I do know when the Hellcat launched, they were selling all day at twice the MSRP and they are not even in the same league as the Demon. History will tell, but i like my odds on this one.

• heiney9
    edited June 2017
    According to FSA people who pay way over the MSRP are going to be last in line to get their cars. Whether in reality that actually happens.....................we'll just have to see.

The odds are with you if you let it sit in a humidity controlled environment and never drive it for 20+ years. The more you drive it, the more the future $$$$ fly's out the window. If it were me I'd take the $180K and find another one to buy, even if it's in a different state.

H9
  • Msabot1
    Yea..back in 65-66 nobody thought those Shelby GT350's would be worth what they are today either...You bought em..ran em,and when they burned up,you got another..or similar....Now one of those will bring in the modest six figures in fair shape...not bad for an under 4k shell out when new...Heck,I saw one that was a barn find that went for 100k...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    F1nut wrote: »
    The difference is the generations. Today we have baby boomers reliving their youth from the muscle car era. Millennials don't care about those things, heck a good percentage don't even drive, so to think there will be the demand for muscle cars 20 years from now doesn't make sense.

Maybe put a 2018 Leaf in the garage for 20yrs????
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
This discussion has been closed.