SDA SRS 2 blade/blade in Austin, Texas $365

Selling a pair of Polk SDA SRS 2 speakers. Blade/Blade, interocnnect cable included. Apparently are TL -able per some of the group elders from the first link below. Selling to a fellow polkie for what I have in them- $365, pick up in Cedar Park / Austin Texas.

I bought these in 2012, and used them until I found a set of 2.3TL's like I had owned in the past (and sold in the past like an idiot to a forum member). The SDA SRS 2's were then put in the corner of the theatre room and have been sitting for the most part since then. Only selling because I found the 2.3TL's.

Personal selling history - sold my old set of 2.3TLs to Neshaki on the forum in 2007, bello racks to Wardsweb back in 2004, and a few other things. Can provide links in PM if you need them.

History of these SRS 2's:

Bought the speakers at an estate sale - $225
http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/135936/rescued-sda-srs-2-back-in-the-sda-saddle#latest

After some initial concern about hearing the highs well from the right side in a room that wasn't set up for these speakers, I didn't detect an issue once I moved them to the new house. Still to be safe, I bought a pair of SL-2000s for $40 from DollarDave. He sent me an extra set that I'll also pass on- so 4 extra tweeters in case you run into a problem.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/170107/fs-amps-pre-amps-speakers-etc/p1

Also due to some damage to the grill frames (that I cover in the first post), I had to trash them and had a local woodworker replace these with new MDF ones to the original templates. Cost me $100 to get those done and put new grill fabric on them. (See pics). He also reglued the original bottom end cap but it still has a bit of a curve. I have the original grill fabric and the metal badges. After soaking the original fabric in enzymes it has no odor, but has some discoloration (see pics of folded material, flash makes it worse than it is).

I decided to try the new material route at the time, and the speaker cloth I bought didn't match color to the side grill cloth- the original is black, the new material looks brownish- see the picture for detail. I even used the vendor and the sku recommended in the vintage section of the forums, maybe it was a bad batch. Oh well. Didn't bother me enough to redo it. My handiwork attaching the new material to the frame-while it works for me, is not professionally done. You could choose to refabric with a black cloth or reuse the original or do whatever.

Other items- The end caps aren't perfect- tops look great, bottom have scuffs. The screw in feet are ugly, not sure where I placed them, and I don't think are original- will see if I can find them. The bottom portion of the speaker cabinet below the radiators have some white marks- tried to highlight those in the pics. Top right of one speaker has the side fabric not sit completely flush- see my picture with my thumb pressing and releasing that area to see the small gap. Could be glued without a problem. The bottom portion of the side fabric of the left speaker has some cat hair/fluff/stuff on it too.

Not interested in shipping. I'll be posting to craigslist at a higher price, but will give preference to polkies at the price above if your account was created prior to June 2017. Will work with you on pickup- I travel a lot and have young kiddos so finding a time that works for both of us will be the goal. Let me know if you have any questions- I tried to be thorough but could have missed something. Thanks!

zl4ehxa8xy30.jpg
rz86o9ow88lk.jpg
pxedwn46aaks.jpg
knaxawvyt8jl.jpg
68n366sqqssn.jpg
9lhgy0z4jqhc.jpg
1nj2ayx24cqd.jpg
kscp399lul57.jpg
zh1dhvou9d96.jpg
dutz6fk48mzu.jpg
ffoqov2d7uuj.jpg
8opqixdygdey.jpg
ur4jmzs3g8hy.jpg
rje86i4kowcx.jpg
55hk5hdpy544.jpg
el57d8hbkdbg.jpg
ubdxwh8ci4yv.jpg
4tdb4aii86jt.jpg
cqd2tkcil8di.jpg

Comments

• waxman
    waxman Posts: 124
    Adding OBO- and if you're in Texas driving, I could drive a bit to meet you. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. thanks!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    TXcoastal needs these...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • waxman
    If you are in Dallas, I travel to Plano every 6 weeks or so, if you'll work with my calendar, I could meet you in the Metroplex.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    Already contacted him the other day but don't have room for the speakers. :(
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    And I'm down sizing myself :'(
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • JPoole95
    JPoole95 Posts: 1
    When do you plan on being in Plano again? I'm in McKinney.
  • waxman
    Hi JPoole- tentatively August 2-3 or August 8-9
  • Still available? I tried to send you a pm, but not sure it went through.
  • waxman
    Hi all, speakers sold today, via craiglist to a gentleman who after the transaction told me he's a member of the forum, but hasn't logged on in a while, so you may see these again in some form. Thanks to those members that sent me leads or expressed interest.