Neew RD0198-1 tweeters direct from Polk-no markings or identifiers on tweeter ro box-how to verify?

Hello, I just ordered two RD0198-1 tweeters direct from Polk on Monday, they arrived Friday 6-16-2017.

How do I identify the Tweeters? There are absolutely no model markings on the tweeters, or the boxes that they were shipped in.
Thanks!

Comments

• Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,380
    edited June 17
    The 198's have one skinny blade and one wide blade..

The 194's have the same size blade on both ends.
    Post edited by Toolfan66 on
    Death Grip...
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,795
    This^^^^^^
    And the + plus is marked in red
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver PM-600

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Now Carrying Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • BuddTXBuddTX Posts: 11
    Thank you David and ToolFan66!

One of those posts were broken on my order, so I need to get a replacement from Polk.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 38,300
    edited June 18
    They don't really need a label or markings because it's self explanatory when you go to connect the terminals. The RD0194 needs the red mark because the terminals are the same size.

I want to add that the packaging for the tweeters is first class. I've ordered 20 some and never had an issue. Therefore, I'd have to say your broken terminal tab is a fluke.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• leftwinger57leftwinger57 Posts: 2,822
    I don't about the 198s but when I got my 194s there was no red dot as in yester years and I was told they are inscribed in that connector brown paper w/ the rivit holes in them. True they were stamped there but you needed an electron microscope to see them.This happens to be a #6502 w/ no red dot and you probably can't make out because of the flash the + sign on the leftb1gklegzf7py.jpg
    7z0kqsxejhv9.jpg
    2chl- Adcom 555- NAD 1020a pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Samson - 9 outlet-Adcom GFS-6 -Rectilinear Low Boys - DCM TF 350s- OHM L- , '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, gaskets, Stained Walnut tops

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 38,300
    Why is there a piece of the gasket material missing from your driver?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• kevinkokevinko Posts: 141
    edited June 29
    You can always do the TP/AAA test.
    2fwv6q7byhbq.jpg
    It works like a Charm-in.