Comments

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Ella
    Billie Holiday
    Sarah Vaughan
    Nina Simone
    Etta James

Not in any order, just 5 of my favorite female jazz singers.

Love it.

I gave my wife three choices for a girls name with our baby girl.

Billie
    Ella
    Norah

She chose Norah, but dropped the 'h'.

2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Well, I bought it. Listened to it....fell asleep. That tell you anything?

Very ho-hum album before I dozed off. Perhaps when I give it another spin, I'll have a different impression.

Tom

Then it did it's job.
    Why do you think hotels have the piano lounge players in the evening...

....Because they don't want people like us running around room to room late in the evenings jamming out :|:o>:)B)B)B)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Then it did it's job.

LOL. It sure did man. Out like a light in no time flat.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    I'm a fan of DK, but want to be a bigger one. I'm ready to pounce all over anything she does, but the covers situation bothers me.

Wildflowers turned me off and TUTQ while decently executed, was a big disappointment.

I listened again today and it doesn't do her justice. Feels like a waste of her talent.

At least Glad Rag Doll has her branching out into different styles vocally. I absolutely love her voice, but personally think she needs to push the envelope further than some boring standards (and I love standards) to fully reach her potential.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    One thing I did notice on the listening session last night is that for the first 5 or 6 songs (wasn't really counting), I was disappointed in the audio quality. Then on the next song, it came to life and I was thinking, "That's more like it!".

It's sad that so many songs were sub par IMO. Nothing to the likes of an Adele album but things didn't seem real.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    edited July 2017
    treitz3 wrote: »
    One thing I did notice on the listening session last night is that for the first 5 or 6 songs (wasn't really counting), I was disappointed in the audio quality. Then on the next song, it came to life and I was thinking, "That's more like it!".

It's sad that so many songs were sub par IMO. Nothing to the likes of an Adele album but things didn't seem real.

Tom

I did not like this one a lot at first either. Even after a few listens, I think I just felt it was off or not quite right,,,,,,

But then one morning drinking coffee I was in an odd mood and tried it.
    Something just grabbed me, and it sounded totally different.

Audio wise now I love it, and song wise, love most of the songs.
    Not saying it will work on you, but oddly it grows on some people.
    Give it a few chances.

"Wallflower" sadly never sounded better to me...blah!