Im getting irrate

1235»

Comments

• GatecrasherGatecrasher Posts: 1,596
    edited June 19
    heiney9 wrote: »
    I have been a Volkswagen fan my entire life and god knows the reputation they have portrayed.

Polk could be more like them in CS at the corporate level is all I'm saying.

H9

Yeah Volkswagen is a great "role model".

They were just fined $3 billion dollars for what the federal courts called "A case of corporate greed" and a "deliberate, massive fraud on the U.S. consumer". In addition, VW will pay another $20 billion dollars to settle all the civil lawsuits from the U.S. consumers they ripped-off.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Polk Audio customer service but realize that statistically all companies are going to have shipping issues and other customer complaints.

It's how they react and address those issues that matters.

The bottom line is that this guy was never going to lose a cent and Polk will make it right.

You can have VW. lol
    POLK AUDIO SRT
    (Signature Reference Theater)

2rqdrna.jpg s6k686.jpg 11rgneu.jpg
    SRT 10.2 SYSTEM
    (4) SRT Subs & Satellites
    (2) SRT Center Speakers
    (2) SRT Control Centers w/Remote
    (4) f/x1000 Surrounds
    (2) PSW650 Subs
    Pioneer Elite SC-09TX AVR
    Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD Blu-Ray
    Pioneer Elite BDP-33FD Blu-Ray (Region-Free)
    Custom HTPC w/Multi-Lane SATA Hot-Swapable Drive RAID Tower
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,279
    It's how they react and address those issues that matters.

The bottom line is that this guy was never going to lose a cent and Polk will make it right. lol

Not about cars.....but your right, it's all about how Polk addresses the issues....and so far has been deplorable. Isn't that the point ?

He already lost time/money and aggravation, Polk will eventually make it right, but the key word that should not apply here is "eventually". If good customer service is the goal anyway.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
  • 1976doc1976doc Posts: 265
    I just received a phone call from Kim Jasper. I totally wasnt expecting anyone to actually reach out to me to that extent. Im impressed. He is sending me out new drivers via next day air.. seems to be a stand up kind of guy.
    I have my fingers crossed that the drivers come in undamaged this time.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 15,967
    1976doc wrote: »
    I just received a phone call from Kim Jasper. I totally wasnt expecting anyone to actually reach out to me to that extent. Im impressed. He is sending me out new drivers via next day air.. seems to be a stand up kind of guy.

Very cool. IMHO, a refund of your purchase price should be in order as well.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 1,695
    Bases loaded with 2 outs in the 9th inning and Polk is bringing their stud closer to try and seal the deal.

Great, but it didn't have to come to this. 3 errors and 7 walks what else did you expect. If Polk had played good solid baseb.....I meant if Polk had practiced good sound customer service they would have won four to nothing instead of having to cling onto a 4-3 win.

You get the point right? ;)
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5A, 4.5, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • heiney9heiney9 Posts: 23,372
    edited June 19

You can have VW. lol

I do and they are pretty 'effing awesome! GM, now there's a shady company that actually killed people and knew something was wrong from the very beginning, but ignored it? Your point? Talk about shady and GREEDY and people actually died.

Thanks for trying to drag this off topic, I guess your reading comprehension needs work.

Respectfully,

H9

P.s. at the corporate level they still have excellent customer service as far as I have been concerned. Dealer network, that's another issue entirely as that varies. But the ones that carry multiple brands have CS issues with all the brands. It's there business philosophy and has little to do with the brand in many cases.

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Plus DAC | MIT Shotgun S3 | MIT Z P/C's | updated SDA 1C| SQ Box Touch/Welbourne Labs P/S- Tubes add soul!
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 6,785
    1976doc wrote: »

Kim Jasper is a STAND UP GUY 100% That was never in question
    edited June 19
    heiney9 wrote: »

You can have VW. lol

I do and they are pretty 'effing awesome!

P.s. at the corporate level they still have excellent customer service as far as I have been concerned. Dealer network, that's another issue entirely as that varies.

Get serious dude! lol

To even suggest that the company who committed the largest act of consumer fraud in history as a role model for Polk Audio is ridiculous. The fraud came from the corporate level. The dealerships had nothing to do with it. VW corporate intentionally violated the law out of pure greed. 11 million cars worldwide with over 500,000 here in America.

As a result, VW corporate not only paid billions in fines (the largest in history), billions of dollars more to the hundreds of thousands of Americans they defrauded, they also had to settle with every U.S. dealership and paid them over $1 million dollars each for defrauding them too.

Volkswagen dealer Steve Kalafer:

"This fraud makes Madoff look like the minor leagues," Kalafer said from his dealership in Flemington, New Jersey. "It is the biggest fraud I have ever seen in all of business. Over $300 billion of these products have been sold in Europe, $15 billion [in] the United States. That dwarfs Ponzi and Madoff combined."

I find it almost unbelievable that someone who claims to be a fan of Polk Audio would suggest that they behave the way one of the most-corrupt corporations in the world was convicted of behaving. The Judge in the trial made it a point to let the world know that this criminal activity came from the corporate level out of pure greed. Intentionally defrauding a half million US consumers. The dealerships had nothing to do with it. They were screwed too.

If anything Polk should do everything it can NOT to emulate freakin' Volkswagen. Not unless they want to end up in prison.

POLK AUDIO SRT

SRT 10.2 SYSTEM
    (2) SRT Center Speakers
    (4) f/x1000 Surrounds
    (2) PSW650 Subs
    Popcorn anyone?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...
    Sure John I'll take some
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,279
    Gate,

Give it a rest...Brock was referencing CS, not corporate ethics.

Time to close this thread if you ask me, and the OP is satisfied.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 1,695
    Wait, let me be the last to comment and then close the thread. I want to have the last word.
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5A, 4.5, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
    tonyb wrote: »
    Gate,

VW customer service was fraudulent too. At first they denied all responsibility and blamed it on a few "rogue" engineers. Then they refused to accept responsibility or do anything for the customers who were defrauded until after they were taken to court and forced to do so.

I think everyone knew the OP wasn't going to have to take Polk Audio to court in order for them to correct a shipping error.

Polk Audio's customer service is light years better than VW.
    POLK AUDIO SRT

SRT 10.2 SYSTEM
    (2) SRT Center Speakers
    (4) f/x1000 Surrounds
    (2) PSW650 Subs
    tonyb wrote: »
    Gate,

VW customer service was fraudulent too. At first they denied all responsibility and blamed it on a few "rogue" engineers. Then they refused to accept responsibility or do anything for the customers who were defrauded until after they were taken to court and forced to do so.

Which has absolute NOTHING to do with this.

Shut'er down man

edited June 19
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Which has absolute NOTHING to do with this.

Shut'er down man

It's in response to a post saying Polk customer service should be more like VW's.

99% of the responses in this thread had nothing to do with the OP's problem.
    POLK AUDIO SRT

SRT 10.2 SYSTEM
    (2) SRT Center Speakers
    (4) f/x1000 Surrounds
    (2) PSW650 Subs
    And the reason Gate was let back in early from his ban is???

edited June 19
    And the reason Gate was let back in early from his ban is???

I'm still wondering why you weren't banned?

I mean, if I hated Polk as much as you seem to I wouldn't be here.
    POLK AUDIO SRT

SRT 10.2 SYSTEM
    (2) SRT Center Speakers
    (4) f/x1000 Surrounds
    (2) PSW650 Subs
  • mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 7,064
    Thanks Mr S for your reply and checking into things. It is appreciated.

Yes, it might be time to shut this thread down.
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
1235»
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!