Im getting irrate

Comments

• HermitismHermitism Posts: 1,223
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    it's been for naught.
    You're an older gentleman, aren't you? I haven't heard that phrase in a very long time. The younger generation is butchering our language. Have you seen an episode of The Real World in the last ten years?

"I was like going to the gym and like trying to make my muscles bigger, but like it's real hard and stuff."

When I hear the word "like" ten times in 60 seconds, I want to strangle them.

Sorry, this post like didn't help the original poster.

Components - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pioneer BDP-51FD | Monster PowerCenter HTS 5000
    Speakers - Polk: RTi8 Towers, CSi5 Center, F/Xi3 Surrounds, CSi3 Single Rear | Sub: HSU Research VTF-2 MK4
    Cables - Doug's Furez DCF124BW SC's | Pangea: AC-9SE, AC-14SE PC's | AudioQuest Chocolate HDMI's | Monster M850SW
    Tweaks - PS Audio Power Port Classics | Acoustic Treatments OC703 | Dynamat: Components, Baskets
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Posts: 1,596
    Don't you guys think it would be better to wait and see if Polk corrects this mistake with the customer before forming the lynch mob?

You aren't even giving them a chance to make it right. Both Kens said they are on this for the OP.
    POLK AUDIO SRT
    (Signature Reference Theater)

2rqdrna.jpg s6k686.jpg 11rgneu.jpg
    SRT 10.2 SYSTEM
    (4) SRT Subs & Satellites
    (2) SRT Center Speakers
    (2) SRT Control Centers w/Remote
    (4) f/x1000 Surrounds
    (2) PSW650 Subs
    Pioneer Elite SC-09TX AVR
    Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD Blu-Ray
    Pioneer Elite BDP-33FD Blu-Ray (Region-Free)
    Custom HTPC w/Multi-Lane SATA Hot-Swapable Drive RAID Tower
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,696
    Air ball.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

edited June 17
    What's "air ball" mean? Did I miss something?

Did Polk already refuse to replace the speakers?

If they did then I apologize and please resume with the lynch mob activity.

lol
    POLK AUDIO SRT

SRT 10.2 SYSTEM
    (2) SRT Center Speakers
    (4) f/x1000 Surrounds
    (2) PSW650 Subs
  • jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 2,674
    Lynch mob? Not even close.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,145
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    So four Polk MW's were just tossed naked into a cardboard box with no packing material surrounding them to prevent movement? That is extremely poor packaging. The shipping clerk/dept. and other responsible parties should come under heavy review and the purchaser should be refunded all charges IMO. I was going to order some RDO tweeters. Maybe I should wait???

That box looked to be for 6 woofers yet only 4 were ordered. I bet when polk received the box with 6 woofers it had a purposefully made insert that kept the drivers from shifting within the box.
    Either way that is just wrong on so many levels.
    Every one of those should be replaced regardless.
  • jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 2,674
    Time out for humor
    9u8iepoce27u.gif
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • vmaxervmaxer Posts: 3,892
    I probably should not be chiming in, but I was just wondering if it is too late to rename this thread?

If not, I vote for: "Itchin' to be bitchin."

It seems this forum has an overabundance of people with that itch. And they sure know how to scratch!

So I hope you have a great weekend. I hope the weather is not too hot, nor too cold. I hope it is not to windy, nor even too dry. I hope your dehumidifiers do their things and dehumidify you. I hope your pot roast is not overcooked nor undercooked. I hope all is just peachy for you and life does not give you anything else to be itchin' to be bitchin' about.

"Grey skies are going to clear up, put on a happy face!"

There have been studies done on the ratio of times parents criticize and rag on, and put their children down versus how often they give them encouragement and praise. It is usually on average more than 10 times to 1. Some children do not hear a single kind word all day long.

I hope some of you folks can find a cure for the itchin' to be bitchin' blues and instead cheer up and realize that we all make mistakes, even Polk. And this happens even as we try not to mistakes. I hope you can find at least one kind word for Polk this weekend. Good luck!

I have had Polk speakers now for a little over 1 year and I love them. Each and every day for the past year they have filled my apartment with beauty and magic. Just about every day I take note of how good my stereo now sounds. Thank you Polk Audio!

Neophyte

A whole year huh??

It will take us mere mortals decades to get to where you're at.

This wasn't a mistake, more like total carelessness, incompetence.

You may be familiar with these descriptions I suppose.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,581
    Hello @1976doc ,
    I can only say how sorry I am that your order was so thoroughly messed up. What should have been a simple parts request has turned into a disaster. Let me bring this to the attention of Kim Jasper, Polk's customer service manager, and I know he will straighten this situation up promptly. Even though I will send it to him tonight he probably won't be able to solve this until Monday. I want to apologize for the way this has been handled and ask your patience for a couple of days.
    We need to restore your confidence in Polk's customer support.
    Sincerely, Ken Swauger

Thank you for working on a Saturday to get the ball rolling in the right direction Ken.
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 9,170
    Good job Ken. Every company on the planet has negative experiences. How they are handled is the important point.
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables
    Revelation Audio Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable for preamp modules

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 5,886
    No problem, we'll get this handled correctly.
    Old adage: "Attach enough feathers and you can get anything to fly."
    Polk needs more Ken Swaugers.

Well we have two "Kens" now.
    POLK AUDIO SRT

SRT 10.2 SYSTEM
    (2) SRT Center Speakers
    (4) f/x1000 Surrounds
    (2) PSW650 Subs
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 3,945
    Hermitism wrote: »
    it's been for naught.
    You're an older gentleman, aren't you? I haven't heard that phrase in a very long time. The younger generation is butchering our language. Have you seen an episode of The Real World in the last ten years?

"I was like going to the gym and like trying to make my muscles bigger, but like it's real hard and stuff."

Like, yeah, like, I guess so.

But, maybe not as old as you might think. I rather enjoy writing like I am, however.
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 14,405
    it's been for naught.

Like, yeah, like, I guess so.

But, maybe not as old as you might think. I rather enjoy writing like I am, however.

But then again -- some of us were around when they circulated the RFP* for dirt.

• NightfallNightfall Posts: 6,929
    edited June 17
    The younger generation is butchering our language.

Sadly, it's the truth.

Spelling is falling by the wayside too.

Also their, they're, there, and you're, your, etc.
    | Front - Dynaudio Emit M20 | Center - N/A | Rear - Polk Monitor 4 | Sub - N/A |
    | AVR - Yamaha Aventage RX-A1020 | Preamp - Dared MC-7P | Amp - B&K Reference 4420 |
    | Turntable - Yamaha PX-3 | Cartridge - Dynavector DV-20X2H | Digital Source - AURALiC Aries Mini |
    | TV - LG 60" 4K | Gaming - Xbox One - PS3 - New 3DS XL - Nvidia Shield TV |

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
    Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal
    All this pain is an illusion
    edited June 17
    I'm an idiot.
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
    Nightfall wrote: »
    The younger generation is butchering our language.

Sadly, it's the truth.

Spelling is falling by the wayside too.

Also their, they're, there, and you're, your, etc.
    Your right I aggree, there bad at it.
    Components - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pioneer BDP-51FD | Monster PowerCenter HTS 5000
    Speakers - Polk: RTi8 Towers, CSi5 Center, F/Xi3 Surrounds, CSi3 Single Rear | Sub: HSU Research VTF-2 MK4
    Cables - Doug's Furez DCF124BW SC's | Pangea: AC-9SE, AC-14SE PC's | AudioQuest Chocolate HDMI's | Monster M850SW
    Tweaks - PS Audio Power Port Classics | Acoustic Treatments OC703 | Dynamat: Components, Baskets
    edited June 17
    I'm an idiot.
    Well now you're posting in the wrong thread. You've been hitting some of pitdogg2's Gin!

I'm an idiot.
    Well now you're posting in the wrong thread. You been hitting some of pitdogg2's Gin!
    Lol, just a couple Michelob Ultras... Wait, where am I?
    I'm an idiot.
    Well now you're posting in the wrong thread. You've been hitting some of pitdogg2's Gin!

SAY WHAT!!!!
    F1nut wrote: »
    If Kim Jasper is on the job it will get done correctly.

100% agree
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,696
    Well said, Tom.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 9,170
    Yes, Tom did make a fantastic, thoughtful, post. Great job.
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables
    Revelation Audio Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable for preamp modules

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,090
    Thank you gentlemen for the kind words.

Here is a great recent example of long standing members still having Polk's back;

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/177892/neew-rd0198-1-tweeters-direct-from-polk-no-markings-or-identifiers-on-tweeter-ro-box-how-to-verify#latest

The reason I posted it here is because this member now has a CS/Polk product issue that could be addressed along with the OP's. It's also an insight for Polk to start labeling the drivers clearly and properly....and to look at ways to prevent the speaker tabs from being broken off prior too or during shipping so that there is no issue when the customer receives the driver.

FWIW,

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,097
    edited June 18
    I think part of the trouble comes from the fact that the current ownership doesn't have their name attached like Matt Polk did(does). I never met or spoke with him, but he seems like the kind of man that when he put his name on it, it was going to be the best it could be, and that included support for his customers.

At the core of any corrective action Polk Audio takes to right the ship, they must go back to the original founding principles that guided Matt, Sandy, and crew from the beginning.

Product offerings and the times may change, but the core beliefs that built Polk Audio still apply, are still valid today, and would fix things quickly if the people running things would remember the vision of the man who's name still gets stamped on every speaker they sell.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!