Im getting irrate

Comments

• HermitismHermitism Posts: 1,204
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    it's been for naught.
    You're an older gentleman, aren't you? I haven't heard that phrase in a very long time. The younger generation is butchering our language. Have you seen an episode of The Real World in the last ten years?

"I was like going to the gym and like trying to make my muscles bigger, but like it's real hard and stuff."

When I hear the word "like" ten times in 60 seconds, I want to strangle them.

Sorry, this post like didn't help the original poster.

• GatecrasherGatecrasher Posts: 1,568
    Don't you guys think it would be better to wait and see if Polk corrects this mistake with the customer before forming the lynch mob?

You aren't even giving them a chance to make it right. Both Kens said they are on this for the OP.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,335
    Air ball.
    edited June 17
    What's "air ball" mean? Did I miss something?

Did Polk already refuse to replace the speakers?

If they did then I apologize and please resume with the lynch mob activity.

lol
  • jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 2,598
    Lynch mob? Not even close.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 6,584
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    So four Polk MW's were just tossed naked into a cardboard box with no packing material surrounding them to prevent movement? That is extremely poor packaging. The shipping clerk/dept. and other responsible parties should come under heavy review and the purchaser should be refunded all charges IMO. I was going to order some RDO tweeters. Maybe I should wait???

That box looked to be for 6 woofers yet only 4 were ordered. I bet when polk received the box with 6 woofers it had a purposefully made insert that kept the drivers from shifting within the box.
    Either way that is just wrong on so many levels.
    Every one of those should be replaced regardless.
  • jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 2,598
    Time out for humor
    9u8iepoce27u.gif
  • vmaxervmaxer Posts: 3,693
    I probably should not be chiming in, but I was just wondering if it is too late to rename this thread?

If not, I vote for: "Itchin' to be bitchin."

It seems this forum has an overabundance of people with that itch. And they sure know how to scratch!

So I hope you have a great weekend. I hope the weather is not too hot, nor too cold. I hope it is not to windy, nor even too dry. I hope your dehumidifiers do their things and dehumidify you. I hope your pot roast is not overcooked nor undercooked. I hope all is just peachy for you and life does not give you anything else to be itchin' to be bitchin' about.

"Grey skies are going to clear up, put on a happy face!"

There have been studies done on the ratio of times parents criticize and rag on, and put their children down versus how often they give them encouragement and praise. It is usually on average more than 10 times to 1. Some children do not hear a single kind word all day long.

I hope some of you folks can find a cure for the itchin' to be bitchin' blues and instead cheer up and realize that we all make mistakes, even Polk. And this happens even as we try not to mistakes. I hope you can find at least one kind word for Polk this weekend. Good luck!

I have had Polk speakers now for a little over 1 year and I love them. Each and every day for the past year they have filled my apartment with beauty and magic. Just about every day I take note of how good my stereo now sounds. Thank you Polk Audio!

Neophyte

A whole year huh??

It will take us mere mortals decades to get to where you're at.

This wasn't a mistake, more like total carelessness, incompetence.

You may be familiar with these descriptions I suppose.
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,274
    Hello @1976doc ,
    I can only say how sorry I am that your order was so thoroughly messed up. What should have been a simple parts request has turned into a disaster. Let me bring this to the attention of Kim Jasper, Polk's customer service manager, and I know he will straighten this situation up promptly. Even though I will send it to him tonight he probably won't be able to solve this until Monday. I want to apologize for the way this has been handled and ask your patience for a couple of days.
    We need to restore your confidence in Polk's customer support.
    Sincerely, Ken Swauger

Thank you for working on a Saturday to get the ball rolling in the right direction Ken.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 8,964
    Good job Ken. Every company on the planet has negative experiences. How they are handled is the important point.
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 5,794
    No problem, we'll get this handled correctly.
    Polk needs more Ken Swaugers.

Well we have two "Kens" now.
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 3,899
    Hermitism wrote: »
    it's been for naught.
    You're an older gentleman, aren't you? I haven't heard that phrase in a very long time. The younger generation is butchering our language. Have you seen an episode of The Real World in the last ten years?

"I was like going to the gym and like trying to make my muscles bigger, but like it's real hard and stuff."

Like, yeah, like, I guess so.

But, maybe not as old as you might think. I rather enjoy writing like I am, however.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 13,897
    it's been for naught.

Like, yeah, like, I guess so.

But, maybe not as old as you might think. I rather enjoy writing like I am, however.

But then again -- some of us were around when they circulated the RFP* for dirt.

The younger generation is butchering our language.

Sadly, it's the truth.

Spelling is falling by the wayside too.

Also their, they're, there, and you're, your, etc.
    edited June 17
    I'm an idiot.
    Nightfall wrote: »
    The younger generation is butchering our language.

Sadly, it's the truth.

Spelling is falling by the wayside too.

Also their, they're, there, and you're, your, etc.
    Your right I aggree, there bad at it.
    edited June 17
    I'm an idiot.
    Well now you're posting in the wrong thread. You've been hitting some of pitdogg2's Gin!

I'm an idiot.
    Well now you're posting in the wrong thread. You been hitting some of pitdogg2's Gin!
    Lol, just a couple Michelob Ultras... Wait, where am I?
    I'm an idiot.
    Well now you're posting in the wrong thread. You've been hitting some of pitdogg2's Gin!

SAY WHAT!!!!
    F1nut wrote: »
    If Kim Jasper is on the job it will get done correctly.

100% agree
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,335
    Well said, Tom.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 8,964
    Yes, Tom did make a fantastic, thoughtful, post. Great job.
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 11,903
    Thank you gentlemen for the kind words.

Here is a great recent example of long standing members still having Polk's back;

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/177892/neew-rd0198-1-tweeters-direct-from-polk-no-markings-or-identifiers-on-tweeter-ro-box-how-to-verify#latest

The reason I posted it here is because this member now has a CS/Polk product issue that could be addressed along with the OP's. It's also an insight for Polk to start labeling the drivers clearly and properly....and to look at ways to prevent the speaker tabs from being broken off prior too or during shipping so that there is no issue when the customer receives the driver.

FWIW,

Tom
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 15,902
    edited June 18
    I think part of the trouble comes from the fact that the current ownership doesn't have their name attached like Matt Polk did(does). I never met or spoke with him, but he seems like the kind of man that when he put his name on it, it was going to be the best it could be, and that included support for his customers.

At the core of any corrective action Polk Audio takes to right the ship, they must go back to the original founding principles that guided Matt, Sandy, and crew from the beginning.

Product offerings and the times may change, but the core beliefs that built Polk Audio still apply, are still valid today, and would fix things quickly if the people running things would remember the vision of the man who's name still gets stamped on every speaker they sell.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!