Im getting irrate

Comments

• ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,432
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Replacement speaker drivers from Polk used to be packed in individual cardboard boxes designed so the drivers would not bounce around during shipment or connect with each other. I'd recommend going back to doing that. After all, the drivers do have large magnets on them!

^^This^^. I've ordered several replacements over the years and they always came boxed this way.

HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 9,250
    That packing looks as if it came from Sony's Laredo TX customer service center. Maybe Polk bought that organization. That would explain a lot.
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables
    Revelation Audio Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable for preamp modules

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • vmaxervmaxer Posts: 3,954
    edited June 17
    1976doc wrote: »

He had a order number, no excuses at all.

I didnt have an order number. I was driving when i placed the order and asked that it be emailed to me, which i never recieved either.[/quote]

My bad, a transaction number from your credit card is what I should have said.

I do apologize for that mistake, different animals altogether.

Either way, bad on Polk. It upsets me almost as if it happened to me.

I hope they make it right and prevent it for future customers.

Good luck!!
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,077
    Hye guys...would my new avatar be deemed apropos?

facepalm.jpg
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    Silverline Sonatina MkI, LSi15, LSi7, LSiC, LSiFX, LS/FX, DSW MP2000
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,215
    Go for it!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...
  • mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 7,157
    One word would be too many, and a million words wouldn't be enough. :s

Regarding the misspelled name/lost in tracking/yadda-yadda.

I guess his name was good enough to get his credit card charged.

At my work, I used to tell my fellow workers, "Either we're part of the solution, or we're part of the problem".
    I used to tell the people we served, when they were RIGHTLY dissatisfied with the service they received from our department:
    "If it is US, then hang us, without hesitation. Complain to your department heads and above with your RIGHTFUL concerns and complaints.
    BUT if it isn't us, then it is being caused by the people above us. Hang them."

And the people would know where the fault laid. Copies of emails to the Powers-That-Be clearly detailing requests for parts/materials/etc, their date, and the lame responses from the PTB. They clearly saw our concern for getting the job done, and getting the job done right and the obstacles we faced from "Above".
    Not infrequently we'd buy parts/equipment with our own money to get the job done.
    When the Powers That Be learned of this, we'd hear, "Oh, we don't want you to have to do that !". And that wasn't because they didn't want to see us spending our own money, it was because they didn't want to see these jobs being accomplished with ZERO support from them.

I don't know what the problem(s) is/are at Polk. But Customer Service shouldn't be one of them.
    If the problem is "Don't Know", fix it.
    If the problem is "Don't Care", fix it.
    If the problem is " ? ", fix it.

And speaking of respect: Show Doc1976 some respect by NOT giving to him a reply of , "We're sorry that this occurred. We were in such a hurry to ship your package to you that we mistakenly didn't pack it as well as we'd like".

You don't have to tell me jack.
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 786
    So four Polk MW's were just tossed naked into a cardboard box with no packing material surrounding them to prevent movement? That is extremely poor packaging. The shipping clerk/dept. and other responsible parties should come under heavy review and the purchaser should be refunded all charges IMO. I was going to order some RDO tweeters. Maybe I should wait???
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,215
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    I was going to order some RDO tweeters. Maybe I should wait???

At least until they get a fresh supply of packing peanuts.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...
  • HermitismHermitism Posts: 1,223
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    purchaser should be refunded all charges IMO.
    ↑This↑

Eating the cost or part of the cost won't put the company out of business, but will go a long way to show they are still a "stand-up" company. At least a discount is in order for the inconvenience, imo. Every person to pick up that box at the company should have known something was wrong when the contents weren't stationary inside.

I've never had anything shipped to me from Polk, but I had to deal with their customer service department a few years ago, and I have nothing but great things to say about the people I dealt with.

Components - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pioneer BDP-51FD | Monster PowerCenter HTS 5000
    Speakers - Polk: RTi8 Towers, CSi5 Center, F/Xi3 Surrounds, CSi3 Single Rear | Sub: HSU Research VTF-2 MK4
    Cables - Doug's Furez DCF124BW SC's | Pangea: AC-9SE, AC-14SE PC's | AudioQuest Chocolate HDMI's | Monster M850SW
    Tweaks - PS Audio Power Port Classics | Acoustic Treatments OC703 | Dynamat: Components, Baskets
    I dealt wit Ken S years back and can't say enough on how great it was. A true asset to the company.

Those were the days of the best customer service on the planet. I have no doubt it would have been very different then.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
    I meant to mention, Ryan, that I have plans to nominate you for "The Most All-Inclusive Poster of the Year" with all of its accompanying honors and entitlements !

o:)
    MrBigBlueLight
    Shifting to Plan B+
    I probably should not be chiming in, but I was just wondering if it is too late to rename this thread?

If not, I vote for: "Itchin' to be bitchin."

It seems this forum has an overabundance of people with that itch. And they sure know how to scratch!

So I hope you have a great weekend. I hope the weather is not too hot, nor too cold. I hope it is not to windy, nor even too dry. I hope your dehumidifiers do their things and dehumidify you. I hope your pot roast is not overcooked nor undercooked. I hope all is just peachy for you and life does not give you anything else to be itchin' to be bitchin' about.

"Grey skies are going to clear up, put on a happy face!"

There have been studies done on the ratio of times parents criticize and rag on, and put their children down versus how often they give them encouragement and praise. It is usually on average more than 10 times to 1. Some children do not hear a single kind word all day long.

I hope some of you folks can find a cure for the itchin' to be bitchin' blues and instead cheer up and realize that we all make mistakes, even Polk. And this happens even as we try not to mistakes. I hope you can find at least one kind word for Polk this weekend. Good luck!

I have had Polk speakers now for a little over 1 year and I love them. Each and every day for the past year they have filled my apartment with beauty and magic. Just about every day I take note of how good my stereo now sounds. Thank you Polk Audio!

Neophyte. A whole year,,,,wow.

It will take us mortals decades to get to where you're at.

This wasn't a mistake, it was total carelessness, incompetence, period.

You may be familiar with those terms I suppose.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,826
    And they're worried about avatars......too funny.....no, make that sad.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 5,625
    Ouch don't look to good. I'm sure it will get taken care of, but having to wait and hoping the new shipment don't show up that way will be nerve racking.

However if the OP's dehumidifier is still dehumidifing, and the Pot Roast is not overcooked or undercooked and you scratch that itch then what's to complain about?

I hope your issue will get resolved but yeah that was unfortunate for sure.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 3,816
    I blame the pot...
    I have had Polk speakers now for a little over 1 year and I love them. Each and every day for the past year they have filled my apartment with beauty and magic. Just about every day I take note of how good my stereo now sounds. Thank you Polk Audio!

Well, I was not aware of that !
    As long as your happy, then I retract all of my previous factual statement.
    If I had only know .....

Say, I was wondering: is it okay to respond to a post in which one is accused of being abusive to children ?
    Just wondering.

If not, well that's A-OK by me !
    ..... but only if it's A-OK by you.

MrBigBlueLight
    Shifting to Plan B+

Well, I was not aware of that !
    As long as your happy, then I retract all of my previous factual statement.
    If I had only know .....

Say, I was wondering: is it okay to respond to a post in which one is accused of being abusive to children ?
    Just wondering.

If not, well that's A-OK by me !
    ..... but only if it's A-OK by you.

Hey, we are all neophytes compared... it will take us decades to catch up.

Wow, a little over a year. Must have taken generations to get there.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,826
    I'm offended by your micro-aggressions.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

edited June 17
    F1nut wrote: »
    I'm offended by your micro-aggressions.

Agree, he's always trying to find ways to start "stuff" and keep himself looking good.

The master outdid himself this time.

Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • HermitismHermitism Posts: 1,223
    when I have one finger pointed at others, I have three pointing back at me. And my thumb is pointing up
    c1v0sp6yo9e5.jpg

All in good fun!

Components - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pioneer BDP-51FD | Monster PowerCenter HTS 5000
    Speakers - Polk: RTi8 Towers, CSi5 Center, F/Xi3 Surrounds, CSi3 Single Rear | Sub: HSU Research VTF-2 MK4
    Cables - Doug's Furez DCF124BW SC's | Pangea: AC-9SE, AC-14SE PC's | AudioQuest Chocolate HDMI's | Monster M850SW
    Tweaks - PS Audio Power Port Classics | Acoustic Treatments OC703 | Dynamat: Components, Baskets
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!