Im getting irrate

I ordered parts over the phone over 2 weeks ago and never recieved them so i called to inquire. I was told after looking up my name that there was no such order made, yet i have a charge on my card from polk audio on that date with a transaction number and everthing.
I have called 3 times now and have received the run around or placed on holdfor 29 min while "we look this up" only to have the call mysteriously drop.

This is crappy customer service polk audio..

Either make it right or give me my money back.

Comments

• vmaxervmaxer Posts: 3,986
    Wow, hope it works out for you.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 5,981
    Let me see what I can find out.
    "Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available", G. Benfield
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 5,981
    I've sent you a PM...
    "Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available", G. Benfield
  • @1976doc, how can I help?

This was for the 4 drivers correct? I know Mike M was working on it for you. There is a request in to our Credit department right now. That request went in 12:30 Eastern Time this morning. We are working on it, I have IT trying to pull it up.

Please PM me any more important details.

Sorry for the hassle.

@la2vegas, that is not helping the situation.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,485
    Ken,
    While I agree the comment was a little uncalled for, however there has been some trouble with what was the best customer service dept. bar none on the planet in the last few years. This does not seem to be getting better, this seems to be the new norm at Polk CS. These run a rounds or misunderstandings didn't seem to happen at all between 2009-2015. This as much as anything can and does get to the internet. For every one you do hear about there may be a lot more you do not and those are the ones that kill trust. I remember calling in one day and talking to Helen who was so knowledgeable about everything. Helen in turn turned me over to Kim who was actually the employee who asked me to come to club Polk Forum and sign up. I have been very happy I did. I have reached out to Kim a number of times over the years to pick his brain. You need more employees like those two. I know Helen retired and I also know Kim was the head of CS at one time.

Either way you used to never hear about long waits, dropped calls,mishandled orders or plain old no one answering the phone for hours and if I remember correctly days at one time.
  • I can't speak to anything before 2013.

I did tech support for the company February 2013 until February of this year. Now I am in a different role for the company.

I agree, the customer service agent that was helping Jeremy should of explained what we were doing to help him better. I confer with these guys everyday because when something like this happens it is usually escalated to myself.

The comment wasn't a little bit uncalled for, it was totally inappropriate when you don't know the whole story. I'm the one that is try to draw the lines for everyone.

This is being worked on for Jeremy, it will not slip by the wayside.
  • teekay0007teekay0007 Posts: 1,883
    1976doc wrote: »
    ...thank you.. dont sweat it, i knew you were pokin.

That's what she said! :p
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,489
    Well.. still no word.. not even a confirmation that they found the transaction.

Like I said in another thread....priorities man, priorities. Someone down there needs to get on their game and get you taken care of.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
  • nguyendotnguyendot Posts: 3,553
    This is disappointing to read. I send new people to this forum all the time and posts like this make me look like a fool.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 7,211
    You won't get an argument from me, and that's saying something.
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,360
    Proof positive that the biggest issues at Polk Audio are the poor choices forum members make for their avatars and the potential damage long time members are doing to the brand... (insert sarcastic roll of the eyes here)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 1,947
    So i got a box today from fedex shipped under a mispelled name.3o3xfg7st7c9.jpg
    I picked it up and it was heavy on one side only which i thought was odd, but being from polk audio i was excited. Upon opening up a very poorly packed box i see this.
    oi77fafjt8nd.jpg
    One driver is completely destroyed.
    cak366ghth75.jpg
    Another driver has gouge marks in the cone from another driver hitting them.4e6z6oc5yde9.jpg
    The only driver that i think didnt roll around freely in the box during shipping received scrapes all over the basket and seal.iccyhfc16qj9.jpg
    8y8gyfo5klqf.jpg
    Soo.. now what do i do?

Whatever you do, please don't get irrate. Heck, I'm getting irrate for you on this one.
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, RTA 11T X2, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • JstasJstas Posts: 13,511
    Unsat.
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,360
    edited June 17
    I'm beyond irate for him at this point. We spend a lot of time here talking up the brand and defending it. Then stuff like this happens while forum management is more concerned about somebody's avatar projecting a negative image of the brand than actually fixing the issues that are truly harming Polk's reputation. This is proof that there is far more wrong at Polk Audio than a few avatars.

I am terrified of what those beautiful karma Monitor 7's will look like after they get shipped...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...
  • jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 2,718
    Yeah but do they sound okay?

Kidding of course, that sucks. You don't happen to drive a Porsche do you?

I know Polk will make this right, but man that's just sad.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
    @KenCustomerService ,

Not sure what kind of responses you expect here, but when we see the dictates from the new sheriff in town about how we are hurting the customer base......

I know everything isn't your fault and you can't control everything, but this is totally inexcusable.

Polk should refund the money and overnight replacements at the very least.

I cannot imagine anyone not knowing better than this.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
    So this actually makes sense. Your order was lost which explains why you didn't get it and the package was mishandled in the process. Polk couldn't find your order because the name was misspelled, most likely. Really unfortunate, I hope it works out for you.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
    So this actually makes sense. Your order was lost which explains why you didn't get it and the package was mishandled in the process. Polk couldn't find your order because the name was misspelled, most likely. Really unfortunate, I hope it works out for you.

He had a order number, no excuses at all.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
    Touché
    edited June 17
    Touché

@jeremymarcinko

I'm sorry if that came across wrong, meant no offense at all.

Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • EmlynEmlyn Posts: 1,877
    Looks like the result of poorly trained shipping staff or like something a disgruntled Amazon warehouse worker would do at the end of a 12 hour shift.
    Replacement speaker drivers from Polk used to be packed in individual cardboard boxes designed so the drivers would not bounce around during shipment or connect with each other. I'd recommend going back to doing that. After all, the drivers do have large magnets on them!
    1. Polk LSiM707, 704C, 703; Dual SVS SB2000 subwoofers; Pioneer Elite SC-97; Parasound A23 amp; Oppo 105D; Toshiba HD-DVD Player; Samsung UHD 4K Player; Sony 65" 4K TV; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S2 cables
    2. JM Labs Electra 920.1; Parasound JC2 Preamp; Parasound A21; Sony HAP-Z1ES; Marantz SA8004; Music Hall MMF7 and PS Audio NuWave phono pre; Technics SL-1200MKII and PS Audio GCPH phono pre; PS Audio P1000; MIT S1 Cables
    3. Polk LSiM703; Anthem Pre-2L SE pre and Parasound HCA-1500A amp; Squeezebox Touch; Wyred4Sound DAC2; MIT S3 cables
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,485
    edited June 17
    Now Ken lets hear the whole story.....

Inexcusable packing, inexcusable customer service. Epic failure on both accounts.
    Put on Facebook put it on Twitter let the whole world see...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!