John Wick 2

gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 5,469
edited June 15 in Music & Movies
Wow, anyone see this yet? It's just as good as the first one with a higher body count. A work out for your HT rig the wife even enjoyed it. If you liked the first one get this, from the way it ended a 3rd should be in the works.

Comments

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 6,565
    Good to hear i really liked the first movie. By the time the 3rd comes out i may have gear to watch the second ;)
  • msgmsg Posts: 2,852
    edited June 15
    Oh, wow, I didn't know there was a second. The first had a bunch of bad-A'ery in it. Good stuff. Ha, yeah, by the time the third one comes out
    they'll have killed three dogs too many.
  • FTGVFTGV Posts: 3,480
    edited June 15
    Good movie,at least no puppies involved this time though a nice Stang got trashed. John takes his profession seriously.
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 5,469
    FTGV wrote: »
    Good movie,at least no puppies involved this time though a nice Stang got trashed. John takes his profession seriously.

Yeah but the guy repairing that Stang says it should be repaired by December of 2030 :#
  • Strong BadStrong Bad Posts: 4,127
    I picked this up on Blu Ray and watched it a couple nights ago. Freakin AWESOME movie!

Sound and picture quality are top notch. If you have an Atmos enabled system, grab it. Me, I have a 7.1 system, so it reverts to Dolby TrueHD 7.1 and is a blast!

They really amp up the action in this one over the first. Keanu Reeves' weapons training with Taran Butler really pays off in the movie. BTW, when he visits the weapons "Bartender" in the movie, everything he chooses was custom made by Taran Butler for Reeves part in the movie.
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 5,469
    edited June 15
    Today when I came home from work the wife asked me if they are going to make a third one and later tonight we are going to watch it again. Reference Material for showing off what a good HT rig is capable of. I liked the Jason Bourne series but the Wick series is a hoot, and I anxesily await the 3rd installment.
  • I recently saw the first John Wick on cable TV. It reminded me of a Steven Seagal body bag movie where it was Steven verses a hundred enemies that he dispatched in short order - very predicable, very redundant, very little drama and suspense. I'll save my money and time and pass on John Wick II.
  • Mikey081057Mikey081057 Posts: 4,595
    Saw it liked it bought the Glock!
  • polkfarmboypolkfarmboy Posts: 5,713
    Worst movie in the whole world, aimed at 15 year olds intellect. At the start its just awful with the fight scene in the garage as you can tell he is having a hard time with the choreography, looks like a grandpa fighting with a lack of knee cartilage. I could not even watch it past that.
  • schwarcwschwarcw Posts: 7,059
    A variety of opinions here! I just got the 4K movie today. I will watch it this weekend.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,202
    Which of his movies are deep anyway ? Yeah, it's a bang-bang, kill as many as you can type of action movie. He has little dialogue, and the focus is on the action.

Entertaining ? Yeah, but it's not going to win any awards.
  • recoveryonerecoveryone Posts: 439
    Its a good reference BR
  • Jimbo18Jimbo18 Posts: 1,402
    I had very low expectations for the first one, and then found it to be a lot of fun. Low brow action, but fun.
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,560
    Enjoyed the 1st and 2nd. Plots are a bit thin, but who cares. Great visuals and sound.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Posts: 1,551
    I saw them both. I thought the first one was great. The 2nd one starts out a little weaker but gets better later on and definitely ends setting up the 3rd sequel.

Both were good if you like a lot of action but I liked the 1st one better than the 2nd.

I'll definitely be watching the third one when it comes out.
  • Mikey081057Mikey081057 Posts: 4,595
    You mean a 2nd sequel? The second movie was the first sequel.
  • WardswebWardsweb Posts: 707
    Watched it with the wife tonight. I like the whole "world" they created, the weapons ****, realistic shooting/reloading, mixed martial arts and a bit of humor thrown in. He did a lot of training for this film.
    3okn8arvdy05.jpg
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,408
    But can he haul 300lbs of amps up Johns stairs :o