LOL!!

Death Grip...
  • msgmsg Posts: 3,323
    edited June 15
    Nicely said, Larry.

And this part made me laugh.
    bk819d9jg9da.jpg

PS.
    Brian doesn't have any problems here because it puts the lotion on its skin.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,155
    edited June 15
    I wish Polk stood by us dealers and installers.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
    Hermitism wrote: »
    The perfect compromise (fyi, the photo was subtly changed):
    pknfhe85s04q.jpg
    I'd like to solve the puzzle... Go kiss yourself???
    No, you are incorrect.
    You must be a lawyer.
    If not, you should be.
  • gmcmangmcman Posts: 821
    As a disclaimer, I'm not making light of moderators having to monitor content of a public forum. I know the mods are involved in making changes so I'm not telling them how to do their job, but as suggested by the mods, I'm merely "discussing" what's been brought out in the open in this community forum.

So for sake of discussion....looking at the rules, I'm trying to see where the old avatar was either abusive, vulgar, or profane. Maybe if the "solution" to the puzzle was on the shirt it could be different but it wasn't, which makes the shirt funny. So it's at the extent of your imagination...kinda like the girl in the advertisement.....which I also didn't find remotely vulgar, or obscene, or tasteless....but being 3/4 nekked, it's safe to assume what someone's "imagination" could do.

I know it was stated by the mods that they can't tell a professional athlete what to wear, but Polk was obviously aware what she was going to do and wear....and that's OK, again, I don't think anyone was offended..when was the last time anyone went to a public pool?

How long has F1 had this avatar? Been awhile and I don't remember any content discussing it being offensive....did I miss something?

When was the last time you went by a Spencers gift store and saw a sign...

"Nobody under the age of 13 allowed in the store"

Going on what's been said, are we losing customers due to issues of forum content and pics/avatars or is this just a precaution? Based on what was said, I assume the latter. I think it's a safe bet the age group searching Polk products would vastly be a mature group. Again, that's not expressing that there doesn't need to be set of guidelines and constant monitoring of a public forum, I understand the ramifications.

So no disrespect to the mods, I don't have an issue with authority, just trying to add to the discussion.

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,373
    edited June 16
    deleted because it won't make a difference anyway...
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 592
    If one so desires they could go to Audiokarma to view Jesse's avatar where it doesn't seem to "offend" anyone nor do they have a 6 page thread discussing the merits of it. I think it's a great avatar but sadly I cannot say the same for this forum anymore
    modded polk 1.2tl's+dreadnaught, mcintosh c100, d100, mr7084, mvp831, bridged mc2500's+ mit cables
  • motorhead43026motorhead43026 Posts: 2,151
    Do the mods sport man buns?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk Signature S60's
    Cables: Wireworld Eclipse IC, Audio Art IC3; Speaker cable LA International SS-800; PS Audio AC-3 power cords; All into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

Other; SDA2BTL's, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,495
    5 pages about an Avatar, little in the way of entertainment, best take the popcorn out of the micro....and it's only 6:30 a.m. :)

Just an Avatar kids, untwist those panties. Even though I disagree with it being as offensive as a few must have complained about....it's still just an Avatar. Maybe, just sayin'...if Polk focused more on fixing customer service issues and products with issues, less on Avatars, their customer base may well expand some. More money in Polk's pocket means job security for you folks at corporate, no ?

Priorities man....priorities. Avatars should be way down on that totem pole. Complaints about an Avatar should be taken with a grain of salt, providing it's not obviously offensive. Polk isn't losing money or customers because of a few Avatars, or a few heated discussions on the forum. It's product reliability and CS issues that will cost them customers, recommendations, and eventually money.

What was it Spock said to Kirk...."the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". The many need good CS and product reliability, the few need to be coddled about Avatars.

Can we give this a rest now ? Go back to audio....tubes, and yanking Russ's chain ? :)
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
  • vcwatkinsvcwatkins Posts: 1,605
    Polk: Solve the problem.

(And forum avatars/political correctness are not the problem.)
    Den: Rega RP6 (mods) * AT33PTGII * Jolida jd9 (mods) * Roon * Sonore Ultra Rendu (LPS-1) * Lush USB * Chord QuteEX (Pardo) * Joule-Electra LA-100 iii * Sunfire Sig II * PSAudio p3 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2 (mods)
    Office Rip: Music Hall MMF-5.1se * Speed Box II * DL103r * Parks Budgie SUT * PS Audio NPC * Roon * Sonore microRendu * Meridian Explorer ii * Dayens Ampino * PSA Dectet * MIT s3 * Hartley Reference Mini-Tower
    Beach Gameroom: MH mmf2.1 * Denon dl-110 * Belles Phono 20a * Sonos * Arcam rDac * Belles 20a * Pass Aleph 30 * PSAudio Dectet * MIT s3 * Revel m22
  • We are working on solving a a multitude of problems.

The 11 guys on the customer service team for Polk and Definitive are some of the hardest workers at Sound United. Do we have issues some times? Absolutely. Have they been addressed? Yes.

Could the websites for both brands be better? 100%. This is something that myself and another team are working on.

It's a process, like anything. But each little bit is being tackled.

I do appreciate everyone on this Forum. Discussions get lively and people disagree but there has to be respect and dignity given on both sides.

@F1nut, I'm sorry that we disrespected you by changing your avatar. I hope we can all move past this.
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,326
    Here comes page 6!!!
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 14,814
    Wait, what? Popcorn for breakfast?
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,758
    edited June 16
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

A big barrel of it...maybe a movie...and and and lots n lots of CANDY?!?!?!? :)

Oh and cake...gotta have cake... :)
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
    cold pizza -- the official, international breakfast of graduate students.
    cold Mexican food gets an honorable mention.
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,502
    nbrowser wrote: »

A big barrel of it...maybe a movie...and and and lots n lots of CANDY?!?!?!? :)

Oh and cake...gotta have cake... :)

...and pie. I like pie.
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,326
    lightman1 wrote: »
    ...and cowpies. I like cowpies.

ZING! I'm hot on my game today. May just leave early for a celebratory beer!
    That reminds me, i better bump the beer thread for easy access per the usual.
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
  • BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,323
    the-goons_2523648b.jpg
    Whether in a time of gifts or colors turning pale
    Some must go astray while others shall prevail
    Taking one bolder step may not be free of pain
    But all the pieces will fit together just the same

• BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,323
    The-original-ending-Pie-fight-was-left-on-the-cutting-room-floor.jpg
    Whether in a time of gifts or colors turning pale
    Some must go astray while others shall prevail
    Taking one bolder step may not be free of pain
    But all the pieces will fit together just the same

edited June 16
    ^^^ A deleted scene from one of the best movies -- perhaps the best "comedy"-- ever made.

:)

(for anyone who's never seen George C. Scott in a pie-fight)

• mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 7,211
    I'm going to have to get online and watch "Dr. Strangelove".
    That movie hits on all 12 cylinders.
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
    ^^^ A deleted scene from one of the best movies -- perhaps the best "comedy"-- ever made.
    I saw that. It's from Patton, right?
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,373
    msg wrote: »
    I saw that. It's from Patton, right?

If Patton was remade for today's theater goer... yes.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 17,832
    Who hasn't butted heads with jstas? LMAO!!! Love you man.
    Source: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD | Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2L | Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A | Speakers: PSB Imagine T2 | Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75 | AC Power: Panamax M5300-PM
1235»
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!