Def Leppard * Hysteria * Vinyl

voltzvoltz Posts: 4,515
edited June 12 in Music & Movies
just saw this!
https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/Def-Leppard-Hysteria-(Vinyl-2LP)

the link doesn't want to work
2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD

Comments

• msgmsg Posts: 3,143
    Nice catch Darryl!!! One of my favorite albums of all time!

let's try this - https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/Def-Leppard-Hysteria-(Vinyl-2LP)
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 4,515
    Thanks for the fix :) I tried it several times and gave up editing it LOL
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

There are a few different releases due out for the 30th anniversary.
    Wait, 30th anniversary?!? how the heck did that happen.

Some cool stuff - buncha bsides, dvds, films, etc.!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/def-leppard-prep-remastered-hysteria-for-30th-anniversary-box-set-w485833
    We can't be the only two Def Leppard fans on this board. Maybe.
    Everyone else is probably saving their excitement for Cinderella.

Most people don't know this, but Aldous Snow fronted Cinderella in the late 80s before freezing himself, having foreseen the decline of glamrock. He would later thaw himself to front Infant Sorrow.
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 6,911
    I'm not a big Def Leppard fan. I think Ken @nbrowser is though.
    | Front - Dynaudio Emit M20 | Center - N/A | Rear - Polk Monitor 4 | Sub - N/A |
    | AVR - Yamaha Aventage RX-A1020 | Preamp - Dared MC-7P | Amp - B&K Reference 4420 |
    | Turntable - Yamaha PX-3 | Cartridge - Dynavector DV-20X2H | Digital Source - AURALiC Aries Mini |
    | TV - LG 60" 4K | Gaming - Xbox One - PS3 - New 3DS XL - Nvidia Shield TV |

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
    Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal
    All this pain is an illusion
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,484
    msg wrote: »
    We can't be the only two Def Leppard fans on this board. .
    Nope. I've got all of their CD's, but don't imagine I'll be picking up the Hysteria box set or the vinyl.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • gfonggfong Posts: 992
    another fan here, but I'm just interested in the LP.... Ordered!

Hysteria (30th Anniversary Edition 2LP Vinyl) will be shipped to Gregory from Amazon ca
    2 Channel Setup: Unison Research Simply Italy Tube Amp, Klipsch La Scala speakers, Rega RP6 Union Jack Edition w/Exact Cart TT, REGA ARIA phono stage, Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, APC-H10.

A/V Setup: Sony STR-5400ES AVR, Emotiva XPA-3 Amp, Polk Audio RTi A9's, CSi A6, FXi A6,s, SVS PB12-NSD Sub, Sony KDL52W5100 TV, Sony BDP-S770 BluRay.

Connections: Atlas Navigator All CU, Atlas Voyager All CU & Atlas Equator MK II interconnects, Audioquest sub-3 sub-woofer cable, MIT EXp 2 speaker cables, AudioQuest NRG-2 power cords, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones.

gfong aka Greg Fonger
    True North Strong and Free... Canada
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,534
    Nightfall wrote: »

ew...ack...gross...wrongo!
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.

Bedroom: Mac Mini, XBox One 500Gb+2TB External, Control Marantz SR6008 powering the top halves of the towers, Dumb amp Harman Kardon HK3490 powering the lower halves of the towers, RTiA7 passively bi-amped, Alpine CDA-9886 car deck for radio purposes, Schiit Asgard 2, Sony MDR-1R.

Keiko wrote: »
    That's offensive and not audio related. I'm telling! :#
    nbrowser wrote: »
    lol yeah right, Ken. This is you.
    aofj2q26sg20.jpg
    nbrowser wrote: »

I could have swore seeing you post a screenshot of an iOS device playing them. It must have been Scorpions, Motley Crue, Skid Row, one of those type bands I mixed it up with.
    | Front - Dynaudio Emit M20 | Center - N/A | Rear - Polk Monitor 4 | Sub - N/A |
    | AVR - Yamaha Aventage RX-A1020 | Preamp - Dared MC-7P | Amp - B&K Reference 4420 |
    | Turntable - Yamaha PX-3 | Cartridge - Dynavector DV-20X2H | Digital Source - AURALiC Aries Mini |

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,792
    Hey now, I had that jacket from the Pyromania concert in '83
    And parachute pants
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
    You were allowed to mix scenes where you lived?!? That was dangerous here. You'd get beat up by multiple factions for that.

If you were a Grit, you had to be denim top to bottom. And it had to be dirty denim. White Nike or Reebok hightops were encouraged, I think. Converse All-Stars were acceptable. You also had to cut class and spent the time smoking in the boy's room. You always had to smell like smoke.
    "Battle Jackets" are still alive and well.

f40c2cd04d701a5d33f68a0076f185a6.jpg

• voltzvoltz Posts: 4,515
    BTW They were awesome in concert!
    r41zhbonzhpq.jpg

• Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,107
    High n Dry, and On Through the Night are my favorites of Def Lep.
    Coming Soon to a Table Near You!!!
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,107
    Coming Soon to a Table Near You!!!
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,060
    I was lucky enough to see both two and one armed versions. He was much better with two arms....

When they came with Tesla on Hysteria tour that was a great concert. Tesla killed it.
  • cvccvc Posts: 57
    Funny seeing this post.. Just pulled Hysteria out from my closet to listen to a few days ago.. About to rip the original shrink wrap off because the shrink can actually warp the record.. Of course in my experience, It takes possibly 30 years to happen depending how tight the wrap is..

Discovered the first Poison record incredibly warped but still plays.. I always removed the shrink but noticed I have a few records from the past still wrapped.. Suppose I ran out of outer sleeves at the time..

l6tqnckwo33n.jpg