Not sure what to do with my HTS...

Hi, I'm wondering if you guys can help me. I'm running with:

• Yamaha RX-A1060BL 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver
• Parasound - 2250 250-Watt THX Ultra2 Two-Channel Amplifier
• 2 Polk Audio RTI A9 Floorstanding Speaker (Cherry)
• 2 Polk Audio - RTiA 6.5" Bookshelf Speakers (Cherry)
• 1 Polk Audio - Dual 6.5" Center-Channel Speaker (Cherry)
• 1 SVS PB2000 12" 500-watt Powered Subwoofer
• Connected with Mediabridge 14 AWG-99% Oxgen Free Copper

I'm not sure if I should disconnect one of my RTI-A9s from my Parasound Amp and purchase another Parasound Amp for that disconnected speaker---so each RTI-A9 will have a dedicated amp. Do you think that will maximize the capability of my A9's?
Also do you think I should buy another SVS PB2000 to balance out the bass or get another pair of surround sound speakers: Polk Audio FXI A6---to get complete 7.1 HTS?
Any help would be appreciated...

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Take the money you'd spend on another amp and sub, then put it towards high quality cables for at least the front three. Dont forget to replace the stock jumpers with the same high quality cable.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hawk4
    hawk4 Posts: 27
    Doug's cables are good for the price. These are the jumpers referred to. Right now your speakers have a brass plate from top to bottom connector, this would replace those.
    http://www.douglasconnection.com/Douglas-Connection-Bravo-OFHC-Bi-Wire-Jumper-cables-DCBravoBWJC.htm
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    F1nut wrote: »
    Take the money you'd spend on another amp and sub, then put it towards high quality cables for at least the front three. Dont forget to replace the stock jumpers with the same high quality cable.

This ^^^

From your list, your cables are the weak link, probably the interconnects too. If you have the room, going 7.1 is fine. I would NOT buy another amp for each speaker.

Maybe it's better to start with.....what is it your not liking about your system ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Tosagun
    Tosagun Posts: 24
    Moving to a new house. The tv room is large enough for a 7.1 HTS.

What cables and jumpers do you recommend?
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    While I agree completely with the cables recommendation, I would also recommend a second sub.

One sub will never be able to compensate for room modes/nulls, etc. A second sub will help and will even the response out somewhat. Ideally, 4 subs either 1 in each corner or midway along each wall would be ideal, it isn't always high WAF (wife approval factor), cost effective nor allowed by space constraints.

Going 7 channels isn't going to make the difference than the previous 2 will. A lot of movies are barely different from 5.1 to 7.1. Your money is best spent elsewhere.

In order of upgrades, I would consider cables and a second sub neck and neck with your 2 other channels a distant third. Bearing in mind than while your Aventage AVR is quite capable, you would also be reducing the amount of power going to your center and all surrounds by adding another pair of speakers into the mix.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • jumpindick
    jumpindick Posts: 428
    I agree on getting second sub. I did the same thing recently, went from 5.1 to 7.2 and certainly is better overall system.
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    I recently went from 5.1 to 5.2 and am very glad I did.