Home Theater Front Stage

kevhed72
kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
edited June 2017 in Speakers
I recently changed up my HT and here it is.....CsiA6 center, RTiA1, and the monster Epik sub below. While the RtiA3s at first made more sense, as you know the center handles the majority of speech and I wanted a minimal amount of stuff to look at (used to have A9s from my previous space). Plus, I scooped up the A1s for 90 bucks like new condition. Anyone see the issue here
l6wgzw00wdao.jpg

Comments

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Looks good, but what issue? They are covering part of the screen, if that's what you mean. Looks like they could be out wider anyhow. At least there's plenty of room to do so.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    I need to chop off about 4 inches from the stands to fix that first world problem. Before I do that, I am wondering if the the center should come down one or two clicks on the rack....since it actually sitting about 3 inches back from the screen....is some of the sound from the drivers actually bouncing off the bottom of the screen? Or am I over thinking this like everything else
  • mdaudioguy
    I think you're overthinking it. Seems fine to me, but experimentation only costs you time, so try it and decide for yourself. For the L and R, why not just move them a foot wider to each side?
  • mdaudioguy
    Re-run your calibration with each move, too.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited June 2017
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    I think you're overthinking it. Seems fine to me, but experimentation only costs you time, so try it and decide for yourself. For the L and R, why not just move them a foot wider to each side?

This ^^^

The center, to me, is too far back in relation to the front speakers. Put it on a short stand on the floor between the fronts. Move the fronts a foot wider....done.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    edited June 2017
    If they can't be wider can you move up the screen? A lot of black at the top looks like it could go up a bit.
    I'd definitely move the center out more.