Leon Russell's estate sale -- I had to smile

mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 14,340
"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

Comments

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,671
    Wow, he had really, really bad tastes in furniture.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• msgmsg Posts: 3,143
    Neat :)

Speaking of SPL meters...
    I've been meaning to get one of these things since before RS "closed". I feel guilty because my purchase could probably have floated them another year. Is this still the one to get, or are other "cheap inaccurate" models worthwhile as well?
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,060
    Dibs on the skunk pelt :p
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 14,340
    F1nut wrote: »
    Wow, he had really, really bad tastes in furniture.

Probably the booze and drugs; I like to think positively about the guy.
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• Dennis GardnerDennis Gardner Posts: 4,644
    This is his "**** that I haven't used in years" barn sale. There isn't anything in there that looks like it might have been part of his later life.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 3,656
    The pro gear, bottom of the line Yamaha club speakers.. I am surprised at that. Even the board is a 12 channel yammy that I use for my DJ work.
    Lumin D1, KEF LS50 Wireless, Cayin scd-50T, LH Labs VI Dac, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP I7 Laptop, Wireworld Eclipse 7, Wireworld Aurora, Wireworld Electra 7, Signal Magic Digital, Cardas Quadralink 5C, Velodyne SPL1200
    USB helpers: Intona, w4s Recovery

• dekudadekuda Posts: 756
    wow,I did not know he passed.I remember seeing him at Buddy Guys Legends club here in Chicago in early 2016 I believe. He came often..I did not know how great of a pianist he was until I saw him live in person. Room full of maybe 60-70 people or so.Too small for a legend in my opinion. Many times he would stop in between songs and tell a story about either the song he played or was going to play. He stayed and signed autographs and I was lucky to shake his hand. Still had the big bushy white beard and hair under his cowboy hat which he said he got from Stevie Ray . He had a big following among fellow artists. Many of who played on his early albums. Rock and Roll hall of famer..He will be missed.Great memories!
    HT System
    Parasound Halo A51 Amp, Marantz AV 8003 Pre, Arcam FMJ CD36 cd player, Marantz 7007 BD/SACD player,Acoustic Zen Matrix IC's, Analysis Plus Crystal Copper Oval IC's, Acoustic Zen Satori speaker cables, B&W 703's Fronts, Center Martin Logan Motif hybrid, Surrounds DefTech BPX, 2 X DefTech Supercube Reference Subs, DSpeaker Antimode 8033 EQ.
  • leftwinger57leftwinger57 Posts: 2,787
    I also have a bit of a story to say about Leon Russell. He was the very 1st performer I had seen multi tasking . This was the famous spring weekend at S.U.N.Y. New Paltz where the Sunday line-up was the Jefferson Airplane and then the entire Joe Cocker and Mad Dogs and Englishmen tour. There had to be close to 25/30 people on stage w/ multiple horn players, back up singers guitarists. Now Leon was 1st, the band leader, then played his baby grand then to my surprise straps on an older Gibson Black Beauty standard and just wailed away. They were having such a good time they even called up their tour bus driver who played a great harp . What a weekend. Now multitasking is common as just look towards Larry Campbell and many others.
    2chl- Adcom 555- NAD 1020a pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Samson - 9 outlet-Adcom GFS-6 -Rectilinear Low Boys - DCM TF 350s- EPI 100V- , '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, gaskets, Stained Walnut tops

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc