Just resetup my system. What do you think RtiA9, CsiA6, RtiA7, RtiA3, HSU-VTF15, Denon

BtrSoundBtrSound Posts: 123
I had my system set up in my previous house and right after installing it the wife decided that it was time to move. I just reset it up in the new house in the family room. Let me know what you think. It is a little dark in the room (good for movies) but the setup was hard because of all of the windows. I do have somfy shades automated to close on movie mode. I still need to do a little rattle proofing with the HSU 15". I prefer to not have the TV over the fireplace but with all of the windows I had no choice. I will be also getting curtains for better sound quality. It does sound freaking amazing though.

bcj25ovarim7.jpg
xhoy203u3gy0.jpg
ucf79lmk8jw1.jpg
7h925pj0d6cq.jpg

Comments

• rpf65rpf65 Posts: 1,349
    Those fish are going to hate you.
  • chumliechumlie Posts: 8,140
    Looks good. I would get the speaker off the sub.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,054
    So is the small speaker on the sub right next an rtia7 ?
  • BtrSoundBtrSound Posts: 123
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    So is the small speaker on the sub right next an rtia7 ?

The rears are RTiA3, the sides are RTiA7, front are RTiA9's, and the Center is an CSI A6. I had a custom metal shop make a custom tray for the center channel that angles it right at my couch.
  • gp4jesusgp4jesus Posts: 976
    What's powering all this? The A7s & A9s [bNEED][/b] juice. The A3s like it too.

Room dimensions?
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED
    Outlaw Audio 975 Pre/Pro
    Samsung BDP, Charter HD Rcvr, Xbox 360, Dennon LDP, Phillips CD chgr

Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside; CC outside
    BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside & out
    8 ga Powerline - LR woofers, inside & out

LR: tri-amped RTi A7 each tower's woofers has its own Rotel 98X amp, M & T has its own P'sound HCA-1000
    CC: Rotel RB985 -> tri-amped CSi A6
    Audio Pro SWs: front - B1.39: rear - Evidence
    Surrounds: Hafler XL280 -> RTi A3*
    Power Conditioning & Distribution:
    3 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 4 Furman Miniport 20s
    *Bi-amped, Summer, 2017 I hope
  • marcpamjocemarcpamjoce Registered User Posts: 44
    Looking good. Having the bookshelf on the sub is perfectly fine. However, i would add some rubber bumper feet for alittle isolation.
    Dedicated Theater Room: 7.2
    SI 2.35 5-Series Pure Gray CinemaScope 133"; Epson 6040UB
    RTIA9 Polk, CSIA6 Polk, FXIA6 Polk / 2017 Dual JTR Cap 1400 V2 Black Oak Finish
    Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu Ray
    Panamax M5400-PM
    Emotiva XMC1, Emotiva 3 channel amp Gen 3, Emotiva 4 channel amp Gen 3
  • BtrSoundBtrSound Posts: 123
    gp4jesus wrote: »

Room dimensions?

I have a Sherbourn PA 7-350 amplifier. It is 350X7 and weighs 100lbs. Not an expensive amp but I like it quite a bit. I think that it sounds pretty fantastic with the speakers and drives them well.

the room is 18' X 25'.

edited June 14
    BtrSound wrote: »
    I have a Sherbourn PA 7-350* amplifier. I think it sounds pretty fantastic with the speakers and drives them well.
    I'm certain it does. The Sound & Vision review verified the 350's* capabilities to drive your system well w/out drama.

It would take a substantial amount of $$ to upgrade - say, 2 two channel amps and a 3 channel to improve upon it's* drive & SQ!
    BtrSound wrote: »
    The room is 18' X 25'.
    ... and to fill that space!
    Outlaw Audio 975 Pre/Pro

LR: tri-amped RTi A7 each tower's woofers has its own Rotel 98X amp, M & T has its own P'sound HCA-1000
  • doggie750doggie750 Posts: 1,130
    nice gears! Curious what type of curtains did you get, i am in the market as well. Cheers.
    Godspeed,
    D0661E

AVR:Pioneer Elite SC-07
    Surrounds: RTis
    2channel:Rti100 (carver driven
    Sub:SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Dedicated AMPs:Adcom GFA535, 2xCarver 1.5t, Carver m1.0t
    Wsrn:Hitachi ultra vision LCD60, 32XBR400
    PowerConditioner: MonsterC HTS5100
    PS3, Toshiba HD A2, etc: SonySACD/ Panasonic gears DIVX.

MR3LIGION: Polkaudio; GSXR; E46; Reeftank;
    Odyclub; Xsimulator; Sony; Zune; Canon
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,534

Room dimensions?

You'd be surprised as punch to hear what 50 solid state wpc can do to a pair of RTiA3s :)
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.

Bedroom: Mac Mini, XBox One 500Gb+2TB External, Control Marantz SR6008 powering the top halves of the towers, Dumb amp Harman Kardon HK3490 powering the lower halves of the towers, RTiA7 passively bi-amped, Alpine CDA-9886 car deck for radio purposes, Schiit Asgard 2, Sony MDR-1R.

Keiko wrote: »
    That's offensive and not audio related. I'm telling! :#

nbrowser wrote: »
    What's powering all this? The A7s & A9s NEED] juice. The A3s like it too.

You'd be surprised as punch to hear what 50* solid* state* wpc can do for a pair of RTiA3s :)
    What* have you tried? Sub in the mix?

Outlaw Audio 975 Pre/Pro

• nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,534
    nbrowser wrote: »
    What's powering all this? The A7s & A9s NEED] juice. The A3s like it too.

You'd be surprised as punch to hear what 50* solid* state* wpc can do for a pair of RTiA3s :)
    What* have you tried? Sub in the mix?

Actually with the sub off and powered by a NAD C326BEE integrated...the RTiA3s can come up outta nowhere and surprise you with impact, bass and thanks the NADs subtle top end...the sound is less forward than one would think from the RTiA series. To be honest, the combo in my brain at the time thought it wouldn't work but it does...and does so well...it's my computer rig with a Pioneer DV-45A in the mix and a PSW108 for when no one else is home and I wanna disturb the peace playing games.
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.

Bedroom: Mac Mini, XBox One 500Gb+2TB External, Control Marantz SR6008 powering the top halves of the towers, Dumb amp Harman Kardon HK3490 powering the lower halves of the towers, RTiA7 passively bi-amped, Alpine CDA-9886 car deck for radio purposes, Schiit Asgard 2, Sony MDR-1R.

Keiko wrote: »
    That's offensive and not audio related. I'm telling! :#