Signa S1 Turning Off on its own

Recently purchased the Signa S1 sound bar. I have noticed that when using my Apple TV and the screen saver comes on or if I put the Signa S1 on mute, after a period of time the sound bar completely shuts off. Is this normal behavior?

Comments

• KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,300
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. Yes, the Signa S1 has a feature that places the soundbar in the standby mode when there isn't any incoming signal for about 10 to 15 minutes.
    Cheers, Ken
    "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
    — Christopher Hitchens
  • Is it possible to turn the standby off or extend the amount of time to standby?

It gets annoying having to keep Turing the soundbar back on after only a few minutes with the TV paused.

Thanks
  • I ended up returning mine for this very reason, my $50 creative PC speakers turn on when they sense audio but this $450 Polk soundbar cant?!, esepcially annoying since it resets the audio settings when turned back on
  • Hi, is there any way to increase the duration of this auto shutoff / power saving mode or just turn it off? It shuts off to quickly when watching Netflix or YouTube. It is very annoying to start new videos without sound.
  • cmnzcmnz Posts: 1
    I also find this auto-shutoff really annoying and am thinking about returning it. It also doesn't seem to remember volume/bass settings when you turn it back on.