ANT Inaugural Meet - June 24, 2017

The inaugural meet of the Audiophiles of North Texas is on the books! Paul of North Richland Hills, TX will be hosting the event from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM on Saturday, June 24, 2017.

Paul has two systems - a two channel room upstairs and a home theater rig downstairs. AudioThesis is also planning on bringing a secondary 2 channel system to set up for more variety.

If you wish to attend, please email me at audiophilesofnorthtexas@gmail.com so I can organize a mailing list for those who wish to attend (including event address).

Please provide your name, any gear you might wish to bring, and any additional information you wish to share.

I hope to see you all two weeks!

***Please feel free to comment about the meet here. The email is strictly to provide a single point for me to organize the event.

Skip
audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
Cabling: Wireworld
TV: Sony XBR-75X940C

Comments

• marvda1marvda1 Posts: 2,745
    get paul to list his systems so we will know what to bring.
    Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vopin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,546
    Doubtful I'll be able to make it due to a baseball tournament, but if things change I'll give you a call Skip.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,646
    Bump. If you are interested, please follow the instructions above. His gear will consist of:

2 Channel downstairs:
    Gr-Research X-Statik modified with Skiing Ninja Elite crossovers
    Cary Audio SI-300.2d DAC/Preamp/Amp
    Laptop/JRiver 8TB NAS
    Panasonic Elite CD/SACD Player

2-Channel upstairs:
    Hsu CCB-8 Bookshelf
    2 Direct Servo Subs
    1 Sandbox Sub built by Danny Richie (4 drivers, 2 active/2 passive)
    AVA – Audio by Van Alstine hybrid amp
    Schiit Freya Tube Pre-amp
    SonyXA5400S Player
    Lampizator Amber Level 4 tube DAC
    I5/SSD Computer JRiver
    2 Turntables/MC, MM, Rogue and ifi phono preamps
    Uberbuss

Combo 2/5 channel den/office system
    Vizio P55 4K/HDR
    Samsung 4K/HDR
    Emo MC700/UPA700 – 4k/HDR
    Hsu Research sub/HB-1 mk2 bookshelf
    Nuprime DAC10/ST-10
    MacMini
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 2,745
    had a great time, would like to thank paul for inviting us in.
    don't forget the checkbook paul :D
    Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vopin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,939
    edited June 25
    Very interested to hear about the Xstatic. I saw em at LSAF but couldn't really try it with my kinda music....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,646
    edited June 29
    So, I am late to post on this but I've been quite busy since Saturday. I would like to thank Paul for hosting us and having multiple setups available to play around with. We had four different zones with five different systems going in a beautiful home and perfect location. I would also like to thank all the guys for coming out and making this an event.

I probably spent the most time with the Xstatic setup being pushed by a Cary Audio SI-300.2d Integrated amplifier. This was a temporary setup and we did do a little cable shootout. This system had a good amount of ambiance with it that was quite pleasing.

Unfortunately, that was about the only system I was able to really sit down and get to know better. I would love to get to hear his main music system consisting of HSU CCB-8 speakers and other goodies pushing it. He had some very nice gear in that room but I spent all my time downstairs to be the greeter at this one.

All in all, it was a great meet with some very interesting conversation and a great mixture of approaches to sound. It was interesting to have a dozen or so guys in one place and not have any one method adopted by the majority. I look forward to our next one in August... more on that later.
    audiothesis.com/