Chip Amp / Gain Clone Amp

Options
OK, I picked this up a few months ago and had no idea what it was. After some very good input from Mark and Brock, I learned a bit about it. I've used it a handful of times to power speakers with my computer and projector to show movies. It's a really cool little amp.

I believe it's a 45 WPC kit amp made by a small specialty audio outfit in State College (Rossman Audio).

Full disclosure - I picked this up cheap and will be making a little money on the sale at this price, but think it's fair. If it's out of line, just let me know. I normally wouldn't do that, but I'm trying to save up some cash for our upcoming vacation.

Pictures and the wisdom of other forum members with more experience can be found here:

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/176961/ive-never-seen-one-of-these-before#latest

And, apologies in advance for the messy desk!

I'd like to get $90 very well packaged and shipped/insured to CONUS.

Thanks,
-Al

Comments

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,464
    Options
    Nice little unit there, Al.
    Was reviewing your thread, the one with the messy desk - curious as to whether you tried this out with the RT25I speakers? I could see something like this making for a nice little minimalist 2ch.
    I disabled signatures.
  • scubalab
    Options
    Scott,

I did clean my desk since the dreaded 'messy pic', LOL...

And yes, I did try this with the RT25i speakers and it sounded very nice with my phone streaming Spotify. The RT25i speakers are such great little bookies that hit well above their price point!
  • scubalab
    Options
    $75.00 shipped!

$60.00 local pickup if anyone is near Central PA (State College area).

I have the power cord that will be included. This is a cool little integrated amp to try for 75 bones... not much to lose!
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Yer killin' me Al...been looking for something to power a pair of PA speakers in the garage...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Yer killin' me Al...been looking for something to power a pair of PA speakers in the garage...

https://youtu.be/bQEnzrRyo3c
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • scubalab
    Options
    It's only 75 bills Ryan. Buy yourself a welcome back present - you deserve it!

PM coming.
  • scubalab
    Options
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Did Ryan succumb to his indulgence?????
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    I needed another amp like another hole in my head but Al...
    unknown1.jpeg
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip