help with a jvc projector

Options
I've been searching the internet(s) for help with this and thought I would come here for a hail mary. Any projector guys around here?

I purchased a used JVC DLA-RS46 projector and its been working for a few months then all of a sudden this happened.
https://youtu.be/w-8a69fcdNs

I noticed that there was a slight flicker in the brightness so after searching I thought it was the issue with the bulb filament that needed to be run on high for a while to attempt to correct. After running this for about 30 minutes I started to see the image jumping. no longer just a brightness issue but the image itself jumps up and down.
Seems like it comes and goes. Sometimes it gets worse sometimes it will go away fro about 5-10 minutes then it comes back.

There was one time that it was happening and i hit the reset on the picture mode and it went away for a few minutes then came back. Reducing the bulb to low mode didnt seem to do any good.

Also tried high altitude mode and eco mode with no luck .

It seems this was only happening when there was a source playing though it. I use a HTPC and I tried a laptop with the same issue. Also tried multiple hdmi cables and eliminating the receiver.

If I have the grid patterns displayed its fine.

Any suggestions please? the only issue I have been able to find is the bulb filament issue but this does not seem related.

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I recommend checking on AVS forum. They have several owners using the JVC-Ila and a familiar with most issues

May look up HDMI convergence issues, there is a firmware release that must be loaded via RS232 serial
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited June 2017
    Options
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • thejck
    thejck Posts: 849
    Options
    thank you i have a thread started on avs and av forums and havent been able to figure out what it might be. i looked up hdmi covergence. i wonder if i have a chip going bad.