czwiznckk3ez.jpg
uhhbomenobmr.jpg
kfud3y37geqx.jpg
wku3pltjo45b.jpg
8sdxfu17mire.jpg
nsqm0te3p8ez.jpg

Comments

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 906
    Btw, these ARE Polk, and they're initialed (apparently) by the doctor himself. I just can't decipher the numbers next to the initials...
  • msgmsg Posts: 3,500
    Woh, cool.
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,795
    Late 70s Era, Polk Mini Monitors If I'm not mistaken.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver PM-600

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Now Carrying Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • kevinkokevinko Posts: 141
    You could use these as inspiration for your Monitor remake project and make a giant pair to match.

"Maxi Monitors," if you will.
    edited June 7
    kevinko wrote: »
    You could use these as inspiration for your Monitor remake project and make a giant pair to match.

"Maxi Monitors," if you will.

Now there's an idea!!! I like that. The big question would be what tweeter to use to keep the scale somewhat correct?
    Malbec wrote: »

Thank you for the link, but your posted attachments aren't available any longer. Would you be so kind and post them again for a noob?
  • pkquatpkquat Posts: 519
    WOW a very rare set. That is the first I have seen that have the tweeter in the middle. I never new those existed. I have only seen the tweeter on the top.

There are a few threads on here about redoing the surrounds

The "Maxi Monitors" in standard form with the tweeter on top could be the considered the M5Jr+ with the 6.5" MW and 6.5" PR, unless "Maxi" would use 8" cones.

Some old KEF's might work for that. I think they had a 8" PR with a 8" MW that did not use a Uni-Q driver. Although, as I recall people were less impressed with that version, I think because they felt the drivers were not a good quality. I think they were re-purposed from their lower end Uni-Q model, which people were also less impressed with. K160 maybe? There are also the C40D, and C42.
    Right, I'd have to use 8" drivers, otherwise it would be just a reconfigured 5jr (and that's just too easy :p ).

Speaking of which, I believe I've found a handful of MWs that will fit the bill along with 2 possible tweets for the M7/10/12+ idea. The issue I kept running into was the match of aesthetics and response to keep the look right. No matter what I do though, I'll need to face plate the tweets. No one makes anything that looks like the peerless in the next size up.