Hello and looking for advise on my next purchase, speaker wires, RCA cables, and CD player

2»

Comments

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 38,300
    A good example of why a terminal should be soldered, not crimped or screwed down.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• AngerBAngerB Posts: 16
    F1nut wrote: »
    A good example of why a terminal should be soldered, not crimped or screwed down.

I know, I was shocked. Looks like it was assembled by a highschool car audio technician.
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 1,181
    AngerB wrote: »

I know, I was shocked. Looks like it was assembled by a highschool car audio technician.

Maybe JR high, no way that would have made it through class in my High School.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN60H,
    Marantz SR5010, Emotiva BasX-A300
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, Sony DVP-NS3100ES, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk Signature S60
    Center: Polk TSX250C
    Front High TC80i
    Rear: Polk MC80
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S30
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES
    Polk RTi4 about 15' up the wall
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • TNTsTunesTNTsTunes Posts: 510
    mrloren wrote: »
    AngerB wrote: »

Maybe JR high, no way that would have made it through class in my High School.

Put some power threw connections like that and pretty soon you'll see smoke. I've seen a binding post melt the plastic it was in after an extended loud party.

Especially if the connector is oversized when compared to the wire. I've seen it many times, especially in car audio.

"Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

2»