Need three to eight good shielded power cables

Hope to get the job done at fifty bucks a piece average. Where should I be looking, mostly short and flexible. No used, l want to be the first to abuse them.

Comments

• tonybtonyb Posts: 27,218
    3-8 ? Not sure whats in your system ? lol

All the same ? What length ? Buy used and you'll get more cable for the buck. 50 clams even used isn't going to buy much.
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 215
    Here is a place that is reasonable - Cullen Cable.

http://www.cullencable.com/

I have seen satisfied owners of his power cables here and on other blogs. I have one set of speaker cables and a Neutrik Speakon SDA cable I made using his cable. I am satisfied.

I believe he will negotiate for a group of cables.

Harry
  • hawk4hawk4 Posts: 26
    I just put an order for a few Cullen gold power cables in and Patrick is great to deal with. He will knock a few bucks off but don't think he will go that low. You can try pangea ac14se, a little over $50 depending on length on amazon, I run a couple of these and good bang for buck or signal magic power cord, again a little over 50 depending on length.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,218
    Good suggestions, only a 50 isn't going to get a new Cullen power cord, and Pangea is pretty stiff and thick.

Re-think exactly what ya need. A good PC will benefit you on source components and amps. If your willing to spend 50 on 8 of them, spend 100 on 4. Your smaller digital devices can wait.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 12,907
    The ac9 is stiff, not the 14se.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 1,611
    msg wrote: »
    Bruce, I just happen to have 8 of these PS Audio ones, BNIB. $49ea if you go with package deal.
    Took this one out just to show you a photo of the shielding.
    I know that dark spot probably looks like burnt on stromboli cheese, but I assure you it's not.

o5z32t6s4wo0.jpg

Those look great, do you have any more? :)
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,313
    msg wrote: »
    Bruce, I just happen to have 8 of these PS Audio ones, BNIB. $49ea if you go with package deal.
    Took this one out just to show you a photo of the shielding.
    I know that dark spot probably looks like burnt on stromboli cheese, but I assure you it's not.

o5z32t6s4wo0.jpg

Look kinda Cheezy to me..
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 2,929
    tonyb wrote: »
    3-8 ? Not sure whats in your system ? lol

All the same ? What length ? Buy used and you'll get more cable for the buck. 50 clams even used isn't going to buy much.

Tony Iwas thinking amps first preamp second and transports last. The total number of cables would be determined by what I hear. 14se is what I think I saw at Audio Advisor.
  • rednedtugentrednedtugent Posts: 9,896
    You have a lot of stuff AB. Ever consider sell some of it and adding the 4-500 dollars you would have to spend on power cables and getting a statement piece?
  • sgmsmgsgmsmg Posts: 129
    I may have what you are looking for. What lengths do you need? Just reconfigured things so I have some extra Pangea 14SE MKII cables. 2x2m, 1x1.5m and 1x1m. Let me know if you might be interested and we can go from there. These are less than a year old and I have the original packaging.
  • sgmsmgsgmsmg Posts: 129
    Never mind I saw you didn't want used. My bad.
    You have a lot of stuff AB. Ever consider sell some of it and adding the 4-500 dollars you would have to spend on power cables and getting a statement piece?

What should I get? Most of the spare stuff will be put back in service.
  • machonemachone Posts: 699
    Here is a page from Middle Atlantic Products document about "Optimized Power Distribution and Grounding for Audio, Video and Electronic Systems".

85kaj1f90ylo.png

Their Signal Safe cords are very good at rejecting AC magnetic fields.
    what are your goals w/ the power cords?
    If it is "better" sound...
    if you
    "What should I get? Most of the spare stuff will be put back in service."
    o.k. then. just a thought.
    @rednedtugent of course better sound is important but the Dayens didn't come with power cords so I figured it's time to start getting some good ones.

Most of the stuff is going to be put back in service in a few years lol but I am curious. What would be your statement piece?
    edited June 5
    That is a good question.
    if6bd2jqgqzo.jpg
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,051
    They won't make a difference, Bruce.
    There, it was said.
    lightman1 wrote: »
    They won't make a difference, Bruce.

That is a good question.
    if6bd2jqgqzo.jpg

I like to close my eyes when listening to music, with those I would have to. first for the ugly factor second for I will never have food again factor.
    Which good power cables that don't make a difference do you like. Wireworlds look very Flexible and the Pangea ones say the are for source components. I want a matched set for my monos and my pre. What power cables do you folks run and which ones do you like the best for making no difference?
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 6,859
    edited June 5
    I have Pangea and Wireworld and to be honest I'm not crazy about either of them but they're all entry level. The flat WW PCs do weird things because they're only flexible in 2 out of 4 directions but in those 2 directions they're maybe a bit more flexible than the Pangea.
    edited June 6
    I don't like signal cable (thanks @voltz) or PS Audio. >:)
    Venom and Sigma from Shuntyata get good press.
  • LegenderLegender Posts: 264
    I have found the Venom's to make a significant difference on my DAC. I just used the lower end $99 cable. A/B testing with my friends we could pick it out every time.
  • machonemachone Posts: 699
    afterburnt wrote: »

The prices are on the first link.
    Example: IEC12x4 = four 12" long cables for $62.
    I have 3 STRATUS 7 POWER CONDITIONING CORDS! on the way for my 3 Dayens pieces (Sorry for yelling, I have been frozen since the sixties) I think they are really for source components. What do I need to use for high current stuff? Also I guess some of my junk is just 2 pole like a TV cord, what is them be called?