«1

Comments

  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,325
    That matched pair of 6510's is a deal.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 85
    I could use those (6510) in my 11Ts... One of the surrounds has a tear (odd clean break, like it shattered).
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,562
    The Speaker Exchange and Midwest are just re-selling new replacements from Polk.
    $75.00 from them vs $48.00 plus tax directly from Polk.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 6,579
    The Speaker Exchange and Midwest are just re-selling new replacements from Polk.
    $75.00 from them vs $48.00 plus tax directly from Polk.

    Yes i know that BUT if Polk is out of stock this might be an only option. Some current new stock production is not coming back Polk is now selling new production speakers that are "close enough" so to speak. MW6501 is one i was told will not be made again even though it is listed in the sticky.
  • xschopxschop Posts: 516
    I haven't heard back from member on set of 6510s. If anyone has a good pair, PM or I'll have to go all eBay on ya lol
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 214
    I got the 6510 matched pair for my 1C's. I have one pushed in cone. I did the transaction about 4:00 PM Eastern time Saturday. The woofers were delivered today Monday. Washington to Georgia by usps priority mail.

    Pittdog2 thanks for posting the links. The seller has posted another pair of 6510's.
    Harry



  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 6,579
    I got the 6510 matched pair for my 1C's. I have one pushed in cone. I did the transaction about 4:00 PM Eastern time Saturday. The woofers were delivered today Monday. Washington to Georgia by usps priority mail.

    Pittdog2 thanks for posting the links. The seller has posted another pair of 6510's.
    Harry



    Do my best to help out.

    If your talking about the dust cap. It can be pulled out with a vacuum. Hold to cone so it dont move. If the hose will fit over the dust cap place it over the cap have someone turn on then off the vacuum when no more suction remove hose. Be very careful i have done this on a number worked like a charm. But i can't stress how careful you need you be.
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 214
    pitdogg2,
    I tried the vacuum on the dust cap a few months ago, and had no luck correcting the problem. Finally decided to buy replacement woofers after seeing Toolfan's "warehouse" of saved woofers.

    I've had "cones" on my brain lately as I have been looking for cones to stabilize my dreadnought as F1nut did. It turned over on my foot one day, and his solution seemed a good one.

    F1nut, if you read this, can you tell me where you got the dreadnought cones. Seem to better options on cones in general in the UK.

    Thanks!
    Harry
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 6,579
    Are you talking about spikes when you say "cones"?
    Google speaker spikes or feet you should come up with a bunch of places.

    For the life of me i cannot remember Jesse's seller.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,325
    pitdogg2,
    I tried the vacuum on the dust cap a few months ago, and had no luck correcting the problem. Finally decided to buy replacement woofers after seeing Toolfan's "warehouse" of saved woofers.

    I've had "cones" on my brain lately as I have been looking for cones to stabilize my dreadnought as F1nut did. It turned over on my foot one day, and his solution seemed a good one.

    F1nut, if you read this, can you tell me where you got the dreadnought cones. Seem to better options on cones in general in the UK.

    Thanks!
    Harry

    The stainless steel spikes I used were custom made for me in England. You could probably find a local machine shop to make you something. The stainless steel knurled knobs I bought online, but I doubt I still have their info. The outriggers I also sourced online. They are aluminum link bars used in the assembly of something or another.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,325
    Ok, found the outriggers. Similar to this one, but mine didn't have the brass insert. https://8020.net/shop/4185.html

    Basically, you're looking for an 80/20 straight pivot arm 3 inches long.
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 214
    edited June 7
    F1nut,
    Thanks for the info. I think the Adona cones are the ones I will use. They are reasonably priced to solve the tipping problem. I had found the 80/20 pivot arms.

    I like that "new" sailboat of yours. You didn't have to change your picture. Sailing was my hobby for about 35 years. I still have a Pearson Flyer, the only masthead version of the boat made. I used two Schaefer stainless steel tangs from an earlier boat to serve as the outriggers on the dreadnought -- still working on it.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,325
    My original avatar was removed by Polk because Kurt300 complained about it.
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,562
    F1nut wrote: »
    My original avatar was removed by Polk because Kurt300 complained about it.

    You've got to be kidding Jesse...
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,443
    F1nut wrote: »
    My original avatar was removed by Polk because Kurt300 complained about it.

    You've got to be kidding Jesse...

    Motorhead had to get rid of Raquel Welch
    I had to get rid of my fishing partner lady
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 1,587
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    My original avatar was removed by Polk because Kurt300 complained about it.

    You've got to be kidding Jesse...

    Motorhead had to get rid of Raquel Welch
    I had to get rid of my fishing partner lady

    This is the world we now live in. :/
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,562
    Unreal
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,443
    Unreal

    The NFL ;)
  • motorhead43026motorhead43026 Posts: 1,797
    Raquel is still here , she is jut wearing a burka. I think the Polk mods will be growing beards and wearing Topi prayer caps soon.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 1,587
    Raquel is still here , she is jut wearing a burka. I think the Polk mods will be growing beards and wearing Topi prayer caps soon.

    I don't know about you, but the burka just doesn't do it for me.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,325
    edited June 7
    F1nut wrote: »
    My original avatar was removed by Polk because Kurt300 complained about it.

    You've got to be kidding Jesse...

    As unbelievable as it is to those with a clue, I'm not kidding. Meanwhile there are other non-PC avatars all over the forum.
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,562
    Raquel is still here , she is jut wearing a burka. I think the Polk mods will be growing beards and wearing Topi prayer caps soon.

    That cultural appropriation, I'm telling.....
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 6,579
    Reported......
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,443
    Shut up Ivan
  • machonemachone Posts: 694
    F1nut wrote: »
    My original avatar was removed by Polk because Kurt300 complained about it.

    How long have you had that avatar?
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,325
    machone wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    My original avatar was removed by Polk because Kurt300 complained about it.

    How long have you had that avatar?

    A very long time. It's the same one I use on a number of audio sites. No one has ever had a problem with it until one person with a vendetta complained.
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,018
    Wow!!!
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 6,579
    edited June 8
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Wow!!!

    This is great Larry....lmfao
    We should all switch avatars
  • machonemachone Posts: 694
    Unbelievable!
    This is what happens when we take ourselves too seriously.
    Everybody lighten up and have some fun. B)
  • Kurt300Kurt300 Posts: 204
    F1nut wrote: »
    machone wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    My original avatar was removed by Polk because Kurt300 complained about it.

    How long have you had that avatar?

    A very long time. It's the same one I use on a number of audio sites. No one has ever had a problem with it until one person with a vendetta complained.

    To clarify, I did not complain to anyone at Polk about your avatar. (I did suggest in a public thread that *you* might compare it's message to one of "respect".)

    There is no vendetta from me. As I suggested a few weeks ago via PM, I'd like to make peace. It doesn't look like that is what you want, but it will continue to be what I want.

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!