More big news for a small company

2»

Comments

• stones89stones89 Posts: 215
    Best of luck! It takes a lot of guts to be an entrepreneur, I am sure the payoff will be worth every minute.
    Basis 2200 Signature, Vector 4, Transfiguration Proteus, Allnic H3000, CJ Premier 14,Dehavilland Ultraverve III, McIntosh 501's, Classe CA200,Polk 2.3tl's, Thiel CS6, 3.6, Kimber KCAG, Purist Audio Venustas, Kubala Sosna Fascination, Wywires PC's
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,811
    Derf wrote: »
    DSkip wrote: »
    Anyways, thought you guys might be interested to hear about the developments.
    Always wonderful to hear about good things happening to exceptional people, and Skip, you are one exceptional person. I can't thank you enough for your kindness over the last few months.

For everyone else on this forum, Skip put my system together for me, first high end system I have ever owned. You see in my sig what I have working. Skip had the patience to not only speak with me on the phone multiple times and communicate through this forum and email, but he also set up a "demo" with @Mikey081057 so I could listen to the Usher sound--thank you, Mike! And thanks also to @txcoastal1 for the MD2s--wouldn't have been complete without those!

For Mike and Ron to do this for me, someone they did not know, on Skip's recommendation shows how much they think of him, and I believe proves Skip will be successful with his business. I am grateful and honored to be associated with such a fine man.

Now that's cool. Skip's a good man....Ron and Mikey though are suspect. :) Probably killed every last beer in your fridge too.

Seriously, I'm sure Skip appreciates your kind words but really it's what Skip and this forum are about in general.....helping people. Can be a tedious thing sifting through all the audio world has to offer and avoiding the snake oil and pitfalls. Glad to see the 3 amigo's got you squared away, happy as a clam. Rock on, stick around and enjoy the madness.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,454
    Wow, missed this thread derf, glad they went to a good home.

Congrats

Do you live in the same area as Mikey?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
  • halenhalen Posts: 215
    tonyb wrote: »
    I wouldn't open my own place, brick and mortar has overhead.

Seems like we are going to make you an honorary Dago soon Skip. Those Italians have a flair for design and sound for sure. Not to mention food and wine as well....and women....and soccer....lol

But not automotive machines, right? Haha

halen
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,546
    Missed this thread while I was away on vacation.

Congrats Skip. Things certainly seem to be going well and you certainly deserve it for a variety of reasons. Onward and upward.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Moose68BashMoose68Bash Posts: 3,465
    Congratulations, Skip. You richly deserve the best, and I hope your future is full of success.

One word of warning: Very few, if any, products actually "sell themselves. I worked for Steve Jobs at NeXT Computer, Inc. He thought his computers would sell themselves. Even with his name behind them, NeXT computers were just too expensive, and for this reason and others, NeXT didn't make it.

Make sure the companies you decide to represent have strong marketing and sales promotion programs.
    Family Room, PS Audio PW Transport, DirectStream DAC; AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux SM6 MKII Pre; AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps or CAT 600.2 Dualmono Amp, Morrow SP7 Speaker Cables, SDA SRS 1.2tls (RD0198s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: "The Abbot" Monastery-Level Xovers, Custom Internal Wiring, Binding Post Plates, & SDA ICs).

Exercise Room, Wadia 171 iPod Dock, PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC, AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux SM6 Preamp, AQ King Cobra RCAs, Perreaux PMF3150 Amp, Dreadnought, Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables, SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers).

Synology 713+ NAS on Gigabit LAN serving PW MkII DAC & DirectStream DAC.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,811
    halen wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    I wouldn't open my own place, brick and mortar has overhead.

Seems like we are going to make you an honorary Dago soon Skip. Those Italians have a flair for design and sound for sure. Not to mention food and wine as well....and women....and soccer....lol

But not automotive machines, right? Haha

halen

LOL...Forgot cars too.....dang Dago's can piece together a work of art in that department too. Funny thing is, with all that they do so exceptionally, they can't run a country to save their lives.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,646
    Congratulations, Skip. You richly deserve the best, and I hope your future is full of success.

One word of warning: Very few, if any, products actually "sell themselves. I worked for Steve Jobs at NeXT Computer, Inc. He thought his computers would sell themselves. Even with his name behind them, NeXT computers were just too expensive, and for this reason and others, NeXT didn't make it.

Make sure the companies you decide to represent have strong marketing and sales promotion programs.

I hope you don't take my words literally. I know my job and it isn't easy, but it helps when you have great products to fall back on.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • DerfDerf Posts: 113
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Do you live in the same area as Mikey?
    Yes, hour and a half south, deep in the FL swamps.

Preamp: Dayens Ampino
    Amps: Dayens Monoblocks
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,017
    hrm let's see, quality products, a good ear, actually listens to what he sells and finds out what works with others and what doesn't, knows what he's talking about...oh how so un-BestBuy like! You'll do well Derek, stick to your principals and provide great service and I can see you going far man.
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • halohalo Posts: 3,681
    This is really great news! Nothing like being your own boss!
2»