More big news for a small company

2»

Comments

• stones89stones89 Posts: 193
    Best of luck! It takes a lot of guts to be an entrepreneur, I am sure the payoff will be worth every minute.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,210
    Derf wrote: »
    DSkip wrote: »
    Anyways, thought you guys might be interested to hear about the developments.
    Always wonderful to hear about good things happening to exceptional people, and Skip, you are one exceptional person. I can't thank you enough for your kindness over the last few months.

For everyone else on this forum, Skip put my system together for me, first high end system I have ever owned. You see in my sig what I have working. Skip had the patience to not only speak with me on the phone multiple times and communicate through this forum and email, but he also set up a "demo" with @Mikey081057 so I could listen to the Usher sound--thank you, Mike! And thanks also to @txcoastal1 for the MD2s--wouldn't have been complete without those!

For Mike and Ron to do this for me, someone they did not know, on Skip's recommendation shows how much they think of him, and I believe proves Skip will be successful with his business. I am grateful and honored to be associated with such a fine man.

Now that's cool. Skip's a good man....Ron and Mikey though are suspect. :) Probably killed every last beer in your fridge too.

Seriously, I'm sure Skip appreciates your kind words but really it's what Skip and this forum are about in general.....helping people. Can be a tedious thing sifting through all the audio world has to offer and avoiding the snake oil and pitfalls. Glad to see the 3 amigo's got you squared away, happy as a clam. Rock on, stick around and enjoy the madness.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,459
    Wow, missed this thread derf, glad they went to a good home.

Congrats

Do you live in the same area as Mikey?
  • halenhalen Posts: 34
    tonyb wrote: »
    I wouldn't open my own place, brick and mortar has overhead.

Seems like we are going to make you an honorary Dago soon Skip. Those Italians have a flair for design and sound for sure. Not to mention food and wine as well....and women....and soccer....lol

But not automotive machines, right? Haha

halen
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,442
    Missed this thread while I was away on vacation.

Congrats Skip. Things certainly seem to be going well and you certainly deserve it for a variety of reasons. Onward and upward.
  • Moose68BashMoose68Bash Posts: 3,250
    Congratulations, Skip. You richly deserve the best, and I hope your future is full of success.

One word of warning: Very few, if any, products actually "sell themselves. I worked for Steve Jobs at NeXT Computer, Inc. He thought his computers would sell themselves. Even with his name behind them, NeXT computers were just too expensive, and for this reason and others, NeXT didn't make it.

Make sure the companies you decide to represent have strong marketing and sales promotion programs.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,210
    halen wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    I wouldn't open my own place, brick and mortar has overhead.

Seems like we are going to make you an honorary Dago soon Skip. Those Italians have a flair for design and sound for sure. Not to mention food and wine as well....and women....and soccer....lol

But not automotive machines, right? Haha

halen

LOL...Forgot cars too.....dang Dago's can piece together a work of art in that department too. Funny thing is, with all that they do so exceptionally, they can't run a country to save their lives.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 12,904
    Congratulations, Skip. You richly deserve the best, and I hope your future is full of success.

One word of warning: Very few, if any, products actually "sell themselves. I worked for Steve Jobs at NeXT Computer, Inc. He thought his computers would sell themselves. Even with his name behind them, NeXT computers were just too expensive, and for this reason and others, NeXT didn't make it.

Make sure the companies you decide to represent have strong marketing and sales promotion programs.

I hope you don't take my words literally. I know my job and it isn't easy, but it helps when you have great products to fall back on.
  • DerfDerf Posts: 31
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Do you live in the same area as Mikey?
    Yes, hour and a half south, deep in the FL swamps.

• nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,273
    hrm let's see, quality products, a good ear, actually listens to what he sells and finds out what works with others and what doesn't, knows what he's talking about...oh how so un-BestBuy like! You'll do well Derek, stick to your principals and provide great service and I can see you going far man.
  • halohalo Posts: 3,513
    This is really great news! Nothing like being your own boss!
2»