More big news for a small company

DSkipDSkip Posts: 12,904
Some of you already know this, but for the past few months, I have been acting as the distributor for Rosso Fiorentino. At this point, I have great confidence that we are moving to a permanent situation and feel comfortable sharing it publicly. In all honesty, this brand has proven to me that there are speakers out there I prefer over Usher that don't have to cost boohoos of money. They aren't cheap speakers, but they aren't egregious either.

A new development is that we are now beginning a partnership with Mastersound of Italy to be their US distributor as well. I am very excited about this proposition as it gives me a full, well balanced distribution that covers sources (North Star Design) all the way to the speakers. The Italians have some good things going on, especially in the way of audio.

http://www.mastersoundsas.it/

I've taken a big risk and quit my day job about 2 months ago to focus on AudioThesis full time. As more time passes, I feel like I am in a position to fully depend on and support my family with the business. I say that with a lot of 'hope' spread in, but I also am very critical of my situation and feel the hope is warranted. The good thing is my products are good enough that I don't have to be a salesman (something I despise). The products sell themselves - its just my job to ensure they are performing at their best.

Anyways, thought you guys might be interested to hear about the developments.

Comments

• mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,135
    That's excellent news!

Ultimately, what is the plan? Are you going to open up your own place once you are comfortably settled in?
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,210
    I wouldn't open my own place, brick and mortar has overhead.

Seems like we are going to make you an honorary Dago soon Skip. Those Italians have a flair for design and sound for sure. Not to mention food and wine as well....and women....and soccer....lol
  • BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,045
    Congrats!
  • ManticoreManticore Posts: 86
    /\/\/\DSkip: The good thing is my products are good enough that I don't have to be a salesman (something I despise). The products sell themselves - its just my job to ensure they are performing at their best.

Sounds like what a Honda car salesperson said to me years ago. " if someone does not want this car it's OK, walk away, because there will be someone right behind them that does" they sell themselves.

Best of luck with future plans.

• rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 3,413
    Awesome Skip! Onward and upward!
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 8,953
    Congratulations Skip. It is impressive how you have rebounded over the last year or so. It appears your October event should be quite the party. :)
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,443
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Congratulations Skip. It is impressive how you have rebounded over the last year or so. It appears your October event should be quite the party. :)

Don't see that happening because his new big October event will be RMAF B) ...congrats
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 1,066
    Congrats skip, glad things are falling in to place for you and your family.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 12,904
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    BlueFox wrote: »

Don't see that happening because his new big October event will be RMAF B) ...congrats

It will. The weekend after. It's going to be a hellacious two weeks but the payoff will be great.
    Well ok then...I'll book Dallas :)
    Ain't no rest for the wicked brother.
  • DerfDerf Posts: 31
    DSkip wrote: »
    Anyways, thought you guys might be interested to hear about the developments.
    Always wonderful to hear about good things happening to exceptional people, and Skip, you are one exceptional person. I can't thank you enough for your kindness over the last few months.

For everyone else on this forum, Skip put my system together for me, first high end system I have ever owned. You see in my sig what I have working. Skip had the patience to not only speak with me on the phone multiple times and communicate through this forum and email, but he also set up a "demo" with @Mikey081057 so I could listen to the Usher sound--thank you, Mike! And thanks also to @txcoastal1 for the MD2s--wouldn't have been complete without those!

For Mike and Ron to do this for me, someone they did not know, on Skip's recommendation shows how much they think of him, and I believe proves Skip will be successful with his business. I am grateful and honored to be associated with such a fine man.
  • codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 1,012
    Congrats man! Running a business is never easy but i am ecstatic to hear things are going great.
  • Jimbo18Jimbo18 Posts: 1,406
    Good luck and best wishes, Skip.
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 1,397
    Sounds like things are really taking off. Congrats!
  • DabutcherDabutcher Posts: 1,245
    Good luck. Keep us posted. You are doing what a lot of us only dream of. Rock on! Peace. D
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 828
    Good job Skip. If I ever hit the lotto or move out of CA to a place where I can afford to buy upper end speakers you will be my first stop.
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 2,922
    Do they play well with Serbians? If so give me the big'uns.
    Thanks for the positive vibes guys. This has been a whirlwind of ups and downs over the life of this business and it is now reaching a level I never anticipated. I've gone through a couple of different business models but my mission has never changed. I am at the final stage I hope and can watch it grow into a bigger platform over the next few years.

You guys have been a big part of my success and my continuing growth from our family's great loss. You guys also rock my Octobers, hence why I can't not do a meet right after RMAF.
  • WagnerRCWagnerRC Posts: 1,584
    Congratulations Skip. Very happy for you.
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 4,382
    Congrats Skip. Their products look pretty cool :)
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 6,843
    Quitting your job is a risky step, it'd understandably make anyone nervous. Comes with big rewards though. Good luck Derek!
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 3,594
    Wow! Takes guts. Awesome doing what you love.
  • FTGVFTGV Posts: 3,484
    I wish you much success in a very competitive field. Looks like you have a nice product line up.
    FTGV wrote: »
    I wish you much success in a very competitive field. Looks like you have a nice product line up.

Fred, you still doing the record shop thing and repairs/mods
  • FTGVFTGV Posts: 3,484
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Fred, you still doing the record shop thing and repairs/mods
    :* Never did the record shop thing.Any repairs/mods were strictly of a diy nature not as a business. I still dabble in diy audio, though not as much as I used to.

Sorry to derail Skip, but there was a pretty audio techie member here who I believe worked security. He had a buddy that opened a record shop that he could work/run and do repairs/mods at will. Hmmmmm.... :/
  • gp4jesusgp4jesus Posts: 957
    I salute you! This country was built on free enterprise.
    tonyb wrote: »
    I wouldn't open my own place, brick and mortar has overhead.

Seems like we are going to make you an honorary Dago soon Skip. Those Italians have a flair for design and sound for sure. Not to mention food and wine as well....and women....and soccer....lol
    Cars? Lamborghini, Ferrari, to name 2

• deronb1deronb1 Posts: 3,594
    Dont forget Democracy!
  • scottyboy76scottyboy76 Posts: 2,931
    staying fully occupied is the best meds after what you have been thru.We are all so proud and hopeful for you, best of luck and success, you deserve it