Bi-amp Rti a9s on Denon 7200 pre-outs

Options
monterab
monterab Posts: 1
Over the past few years I've been slowly building a nice home theater. First off I want to say thanks to all the people on this site from other threads I've read hours on end. That being said I'm stumped on something and looking for help.

I finally added an amp(Marantz MM8077) to my fronts(rti a9) center and surround. It sounds night and day better now, I've really been missing out these years. I know it's technically not a true bi-amp since I'm letting the speakers do the crossover, however I took off the binder connecting the highs and lows to my a9 and want to run two channels per speaker to double the power. You have this setting in the Denon Amp assign and can choose which pre-out you use for the "bi-amp". When I choose this and hook it up it provides no power to the lows (or the bi-amp wire going into the pre-out). It's almost like it specifically disables it. It worked when I as them bi-wired to the assignable speaker posts. Anyone have this setup or know of a solution? Right now I have a y-splitter going from the amp to the single front pre-out to double the power but this really doesn't give me what I'm looking for. Maybe this is not possible with this AVR...?

Thanks!

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    I'll let someone else address your connectivity issues. I want to address your thoughts on doubling the power. You're not because almost all that power you'd send up top is wasted because the tweeter demands very little, maybe 10 watts or so.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk