Sgt Pepper at 50

2»

Comments

• rednedtugentrednedtugent Posts: 9,896
    Thanks DuB
  • tonyp063tonyp063 Posts: 194
    An interesting article on the history of the album name.
    A journey of musical things
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 5,480
    edited June 1
    After reading this thread and the lengthy one at the Hoffman site I stopped at Barnes & Noble looking for the album they didn't have it called best Buy they only had the double 50th CD in Stock. I have a nice German LP that's in pretty good shape, so got the CD. I took the long way home to absorb it all in and the truck has a decent non OEM rig in it.

Wow pretty impressive sounded great the mix favors Paul's bass and Ringo's drums but I was hearing bits and pieces here and there that I don't remember hearing before, I figure if it sounded that good on the Kenwood deck through some JBL's and a Kicker Sub it's got to sound great on the 2 channel with the 2.3tls. I plan to find out after I mow the yard I will listen to the LP first then the CD after and report back.
    just the brief samples on amazon seemed to suggest they finally let it happen
    (remix) and for the better.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 13,913
    (FWIW) I have long likeed Sir Paul's bass playing* -- and it's certainly interesting on this album.

• afterburntafterburnt Posts: 2,928
    Not my favorite Beatles album and not listened to as much as some of their other albums. However, after all of the hoopla I gave it a listen on Tidal and for a moment I thought the kids from Liverpool were about to get down and get funky with this
  • nspindelnspindel Posts: 5,151
    tfvdk0fgc6b2.jpg

First step is admitting you have a problem.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 13,913
    Only four or five here, unless one counts CDs... and that unopened box of the stereo remasters of a few years ago on LP... umm...
    Ahh yes, if I had to account for all the digital versions I have, it'd take me a while!
    It's available on Apple Music now as well.
  • Nancy Regan: "Just say no." I wonder if there is a 12 step program for MPA (Music Purchaser Aholics) ? My Lp collection only hit about 1,500 before I downsized. I actually tried to set a limit on purchases by figuring how many CDs I can get thru in a year or two. Bill Gates may be able to buy 20,000 different CDs, but I bet he has as much time as I do to actually listen to the stuff.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 3,416
    confession of a dude that grew up on almost purely religious music...I have never listened to this album all the way through. I'm diggin' it!
    Wha? :o
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    confession of a dude that grew up on almost purely religious music...I have never listened to this album all the way through. I'm diggin' it!

That is insane!
  • mark090852mark090852 Posts: 638
    High praise from Rolling Stone magazine. Rolling Stone placed the album at No. 1 of its list of "500 Greatest Albums of All Time," calling it "the most important rock & roll album ever made, an unsurpassed adventure in concept, sound, songwriting, cover art and studio technology by the greatest rock & roll group of all time." I feel so lucky to have been a 15 year old teenager when that album was released and to have grown up listening to that music.
  • It was 70 years ago today, that Sargent Pepper taught the band to play. They've been goin' in and out of style, but they're guaranteed to raise a smile.........

I'm still trying to figure out who buried Paul?
    edited June 4
    50 IF
    edited June 4
    ut oh. Early B-day present :)
    hfp43plmdl2j.jpg
    6a2o9p5w0od9.jpg
    I buried Paul...
    a3uvgc9iwlxt.jpg
    wha!?
    be2icnue4jps.jpg
    hjguddhwzo89.jpg
    6rwle6mwj35r.jpg
    ei7x6b1y23oa.jpg
  • MalbecMalbec Posts: 355
    http://www.pbs.org/program/sgt-peppers-musical-revolution/

Was never a huge Beatles fan but I really enjoyed watching this the the other night.
  • WagnerRCWagnerRC Posts: 1,585
    The pbs show was GREAT
2»