Sgt Pepper at 50

2»

Comments

• Thanks DuB
    Studio 2 equipment;
    Yamaha a-s2100 Amp, CD-2100 CD player, T-S500 tuner
    Loudspeakers: Harbeth p3esr, Polk RT7
    Cables: Aural Harmony Sonnet Interconnect II, WireWorld Equinox 7 speaker,
    Black Cat silverstar 75 ohm digital, Signal Digital Power Cord, PS Audio Perfect Wave AC-3,
    Pangea SE14, Voltz supplied interconnects
    Optional: Arcam DV88 DVD/CD (HDCD) player, Polk SDS-400 speakers
  • tonyp063tonyp063 Posts: 227
    An interesting article on the history of the album name.
    A journey of musical things
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 5,739
    edited June 1
    After reading this thread and the lengthy one at the Hoffman site I stopped at Barnes & Noble looking for the album they didn't have it called best Buy they only had the double 50th CD in Stock. I have a nice German LP that's in pretty good shape, so got the CD. I took the long way home to absorb it all in and the truck has a decent non OEM rig in it.

Wow pretty impressive sounded great the mix favors Paul's bass and Ringo's drums but I was hearing bits and pieces here and there that I don't remember hearing before, I figure if it sounded that good on the Kenwood deck through some JBL's and a Kicker Sub it's got to sound great on the 2 channel with the 2.3tls. I plan to find out after I mow the yard I will listen to the LP first then the CD after and report back.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • just the brief samples on amazon seemed to suggest they finally let it happen
    (remix) and for the better.
    Studio 2 equipment;
    Black Cat silverstar 75 ohm digital, Signal Digital Power Cord, PS Audio Perfect Wave AC-3,
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,241
    (FWIW) I have long likeed Sir Paul's bass playing* -- and it's certainly interesting on this album.

• nspindelnspindel Posts: 5,238
    Left handed yes, but he plays a righty bass upside down, I believe. Hendrix style.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 3,365
    Not my favorite Beatles album and not listened to as much as some of their other albums. However, after all of the hoopla I gave it a listen on Tidal and for a moment I thought the kids from Liverpool were about to get down and get funky with this
    Parlor: Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*

Dungeon: Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*Usher N-6361*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*IFI nano IDSD* Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Head gear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S*

Hello Kitty boombox

Spares: Yamaha RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*

Self Control is over rated.
    tfvdk0fgc6b2.jpg

First step is admitting you have a problem.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
    Only four or five here, unless one counts CDs... and that unopened box of the stereo remasters of a few years ago on LP... umm...
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

Ahh yes, if I had to account for all the digital versions I have, it'd take me a while!
    It's available on Apple Music now as well.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 3,738
    confession of a dude that grew up on almost purely religious music...I have never listened to this album all the way through. I'm diggin' it!
    HT Rig:
    Yamaha RX-A1010; Parasound HCA-1000a; Arcam rDac; Mains: PSB Imagine Mini + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Audiosource Amp Two, Dynaudio Emit 10, NHT Super One CI, ACI Titan subwoofer, FireTV, Arcam rDac; Bryson BPD-1
  • Wha? :o
    Studio 2 equipment;
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    confession of a dude that grew up on almost purely religious music...I have never listened to this album all the way through. I'm diggin' it!

That is insane!
  • mark090852mark090852 Posts: 667
    High praise from Rolling Stone magazine. Rolling Stone placed the album at No. 1 of its list of "500 Greatest Albums of All Time," calling it "the most important rock & roll album ever made, an unsurpassed adventure in concept, sound, songwriting, cover art and studio technology by the greatest rock & roll group of all time." I feel so lucky to have been a 15 year old teenager when that album was released and to have grown up listening to that music.
    Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers.
    Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    edited June 4
    50 IF
    Studio 2 equipment;
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    edited June 4
    ut oh. Early B-day present :)
    hfp43plmdl2j.jpg
    Studio 2 equipment;
  • 6a2o9p5w0od9.jpg
    I buried Paul...
    Studio 2 equipment;
  • a3uvgc9iwlxt.jpg
    Studio 2 equipment;
  • wha!?
    be2icnue4jps.jpg
    Studio 2 equipment;
  • hjguddhwzo89.jpg
    Studio 2 equipment;
  • 6rwle6mwj35r.jpg
    Studio 2 equipment;
  • ei7x6b1y23oa.jpg
    Studio 2 equipment;
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• MalbecMalbec Posts: 413
    http://www.pbs.org/program/sgt-peppers-musical-revolution/

Was never a huge Beatles fan but I really enjoyed watching this the the other night.
  • WagnerRCWagnerRC Posts: 1,636
    The pbs show was GREAT
2»