"It's Genetics and it's in your blood" FML!!!!

Options
On August 17, 2012, I suffered a heart attack while riding one of the local bicycle club group rides. I was laying on the side of the road fighting for dear life. I was very fortunate that there were five ER Nurses riding around me. I'm not a superstitious man but if all five ER Nurses just happened to be next to me when my heart stopped was coincidence, somebody please explain that to me. After I was placed in an induced coma for five days and under hospital observation for few more weeks, I was discharged to start my recovery from home. For six months one of the reasons why I went for my 30 minute walk was that I knew I was getting my strength back and I got to seat and enjoy my 1.2tl singing my favorite music. I fully recovered after six months and went on to live a more active and healthy life.

Fast forward to March 2, 2017, the unfortunate happened again, I suffered another heart attack while running in the track with couple of my friends. At the end of our 5 mile run, we tried to finish the run strong 400 meters to the finish, like we always do. While I stood next to my friend cooling down, I collapsed and went in a seizure. Later, my buddy told me that I had a faint pulse and that my eyes were rolled back to my head. Both of my buddies didn't have any CPR certificates but they felt I needed the procedure to get my heart to pump again. Again with the superstition, I could be running by myself on a trail when this happened and who knows how this story ends. Someone is looking out for me

Comments

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    I am glad you are still around to tell about it.

My sister had a similar experience. She was in the Philly airport getting ready to board a plane to North Dakota when she collapsed. She passed out from a brain aneurysm. They rushed her to the Univ. of Penn hospital where one of the top brain surgeons in the country was present and he saved her life. If she had been anywhere else, even at home 100 miles away, that might not have happened.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    SCARY SHEET, man! Glad you survived. It is weird how things in life work. Some things you just can't explain.