Feeler - Usher Be-10

I'm strongly considering selling my beloved Be-10 for business reasons. These were my dream speakers for five years and I feel fortunate to have them. The original owner told me he had a professional upgrade crossovers and a few other things to the tune of $4k.

They have damage to one cabinet and terminals need to be replaced (new ones included in sale). I will include Be tweeters and the currently installed diamond tweeters.

Feeler for current condition is $5500. Thebprice will jump to $6000 if I get someone to fix the cabinet.

These are $16k retail and include $4k in upgrades.
audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
Cabling: Wireworld
TV: Sony XBR-75X940C

Comments

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,648
    Feeler here is that I want them to go to a good home. I don't really want to sell outside the forum. Problem is I'm not sure how many here have the actual space to let them breathe.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 5,748
    edited May 25
    Say it isn't so Skip, what happened to the end game speakers? Will you deliver them to Walcott Iowa? I will help you unload them. Being serious now can't believe your letting these go.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
    As AudioThesis morphs, so does my obligation to support it. I'll likely get another pair down the road, but right now I need to focus on other avenues. This is one of the pitfalls of going beyond the hobbyist status.

For those interested, these cost me about $4400 all in to pick up. The additional $1100 covers my costs in tweeters and terminals as well as some assistance with delivery and setup.
    audiothesis.com/

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,599
    Pics please...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,030
    In before Russ offers you toe funk and three quarters.
    | Front - Dynaudio Emit M20 | Center - N/A | Rear - Polk Monitor 4 | Sub - N/A |
    | AVR - Yamaha Aventage RX-A1020 | Preamp - Dared MC-7P | Amp - B&K Reference 4420 |
    | Turntable - Yamaha PX-3 | Cartridge - Dynavector DV-20X2H | Digital Source - AURALiC Aries Mini |
    | TV - LG 60" 4K | Gaming - Xbox One - PS3 - New 3DS XL - Nvidia Shield TV |

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
    Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal
    All this pain is an illusion
  • andrew82andrew82 Posts: 150
    Wow, what a great deal! I'm sure you know I'm happy with my current setup as is, but that sounds like a very fair price Skip.
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 5,748
    These are way worth the asking price and then some.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
    I'll get some pics up tomorrow. I'll scroll through my phone and try to find some in the mean time.
    audiothesis.com/

iooam29uxapx.jpg
    lcmorrxxqvp1.jpg
    iqcidcdfmru6.jpg
    3tvfap0qqvac.jpg
    zv17rxzme5lz.jpg
    01qvscts0s0u.jpg
    krpyzvdtqfu4.jpg
    syobbttiyft6.jpg
    audiothesis.com/

• kharp1kharp1 Posts: 1,548
    You suk. So does anyone that buys these. Wait, I suk because I don't have the room to let these things run or they'd be mine. I heard these recently and someone is getting a sweet pair of speakers at a hellacious price. The world sux because my house is too small. Going to the garden to eat some worms...
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

kharp1 wrote: »
    You suk. So does anyone that buys these. Wait, I suk because I don't have the room to let these things run or they'd be mine. I heard these recently and someone is getting a sweet pair of speakers at a hellacious price. The world sux because my house is too small. Going to the garden to eat some worms...

I've talked with a few already about these and they have the same issue you do.... and most other audiophiles.
    audiothesis.com/

• PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,546
    I probably have enough room, I just don't have enough money :p
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Kurt300Kurt300 Posts: 274
    I'm with kharp1 - "you suk". :) Here I am enjoying all the LSiMs, and you pour the metaphorical itching powder of upgrade-itis down my neck. Now I think - "well, I do have one living room with no stereo in it." And high ceilings with lots of space. "Isn't it time to step up to a serious 2 channel setup?" Way to turn contentment into audio avarice...thanks. I suppose I'd (I mean, whoever buys these would) need to get a McIntosh or better to drive them well?

Living room HT - 12.2 LSiM: 3x 707's - fronts, front wides, and rears | 2x 703's - surrounds & front highs | Dual 706c's centers (high & low) | Onkyo 3010 | Oppo UDP-203 | 2x Parasound 5250's, Parasound 5125 | Dual SVS PB12-Plus subs | Two 20 amp dedicated circuits | Black Mamba II ICs | Mitsubishi 92" DLP TV
    Kurt300 wrote: »
    I'm with kharp1 - "you suk". :) Here I am enjoying all the LSiMs, and you pour the metaphorical itching powder of upgrade-itis down my neck. Now I think - "well, I do have one living room with no stereo in it." And high ceilings with lots of space. "Isn't it time to step up to a serious 2 channel setup?" Way to turn contentment into audio avarice...thanks. I suppose I'd (I mean, whoever buys these would) need to get a McIntosh or better to drive them well?

I like the way you're thinking...DO IT!!!
    Main System:
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Dual SVS SB2000

Secondary Rig:
    Analysus Plus Oval

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,599
    edited May 26
    Find a way to get them to me and we will have a deal... just need a couple years to scrape up the cash.

Do you offer layaway? :D
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

No need for McIntosh. Kurt, these will absolutely blow the LSiM out of the water. While they are big, they are 8 ohm and a fairly easy load. I run these off the Dayens 50 wpc monoblocks and it's quite glorious.
    audiothesis.com/

• tratlifftratliff Posts: 519
    I would buy them and pick em up....but I just cant get over the damage.

Have you talked with anyone locally who could repair them?
    2 Channel
    Legacy Focus SE, McIntosh C50, McIntosh MC601's, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound Halo JC3, Marantz SA-14s1, Oppo BDP-105, Furman Elite 15PFi, Douglas Connection Alpha Interconnects, Douglas Connection Alpha Speaker Cables, Pangea Power Cables

Theater
    Yamaha RX-Z9, Legacy Focus SE (same as 2 Channel system), Def Tech C/L/R 2500, Def Tech BP-2X, Def Tech Pro-Monitors, Sharp Aquos 70"

Living Room
    Yamaha YSP-4100 digital sound projector, Sharp Aquos 60"

Office
    Teac NP-H750, Parasound Ztuner, Audio Engine P4N, Grado SR80, Grado iGrado, Audio-Technica ATH-M50, PC running High Rez files

I have. I am getting ahold of another one today because the contact I had moved out of town.
    audiothesis.com/

Let me know what you find out.
    2 Channel
    Legacy Focus SE, McIntosh C50, McIntosh MC601's, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound Halo JC3, Marantz SA-14s1, Oppo BDP-105, Furman Elite 15PFi, Douglas Connection Alpha Interconnects, Douglas Connection Alpha Speaker Cables, Pangea Power Cables

Theater
    Yamaha RX-Z9, Legacy Focus SE (same as 2 Channel system), Def Tech C/L/R 2500, Def Tech BP-2X, Def Tech Pro-Monitors, Sharp Aquos 70"

Living Room

Office
    Teac NP-H750, Parasound Ztuner, Audio Engine P4N, Grado SR80, Grado iGrado, Audio-Technica ATH-M50, PC running High Rez files

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Skip, my family was in the furniture business and that damage would be fairly easy to fix by a competent repair man.
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 3,371
    Was the previous owner a skateboarder?
    Parlor: Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*

Dungeon: Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*Usher N-6361*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*IFI nano IDSD* Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Head gear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S*

Hello Kitty boombox

Spares: Yamaha RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*

Self Control is over rated.
  • footwedgefootwedge Posts: 474
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Was the previous owner a skateboarder?

My guess would be a marital spat and she took it out on the speaks.
    2-Channel Office room
    Marantz SA8004> Joule Electra LA 150MII > B&K 200.2 > LSIM 703's
    Douglas Alpha ic's, MIT T2
    Need - room treatments, dedicated 20 amp circuits
    Looking for - new speakers and amp

HT/ 2 Channel Living room
    Samsung 65KS8000FXZA
    Pioneer SC 27
    Parasound P5
    Parasound A23
    Oppo BDP 103
    Uverse DVR
    LSIM 703
    LSIM 704c
    LCI60's
    Velodyne EQ-Max 15
    The original owner had a multi-level house and they were dropped while on the stairs. The top dragged on the cast iron banister. These cabinets are so overbuilt (they are toe-breakers after all) that it did nothing to the integrity. It's purely cosmetic.

I have contacted another furniture repair shop.

Keep in mind you can have a little bit of Polk history here. Bring the legitimate toe-snappers into your home. You would think these were the Italian speakers given their reputation. The new owner should keep their shoes on at all times.
    audiothesis.com/

• voltzvoltz Posts: 4,681
    I hate to see these being sold but I totally understand, I have not the $$ or room for these but after all I heard from the Usher Mini X's Bookies I can only dream of what they would sound like :)

If Todd did buy this I'd have to sneak over his house someday and listen to them >:) I'm am curious on they would sound on McIntosh gear.

These are End game speakers I believe, even though I've never heard them!

I happy for who ever does end up with them. ROCK ON POLKIES!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
    Bump.
    audiothesis.com/

Somebody buy these before I rent another SUV, drive 13 hours each way and buy these only to get them home and realize they won't work in my 12x12 room. Please save me from myself.
    Main System:
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Dual SVS SB2000

Secondary Rig:
    Analysus Plus Oval

• voltzvoltz Posts: 4,681
    Agree, in the back of my mind I hope none buy these so years from now they will be mine Ha Ha Ha! but I know Skip must have a house full of speaker by now and these will make room for more newer speakers.

So I say to those who may buy these Enjoy!! what I have not had the chance to hear yet you B$*#@ :)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
    What do you find out from the repair person?
    2 Channel

Theater

Living Room

Office

Bump.

Todd, I am reaching out to another vendor (third one) and trying to get someone to actually WANT my business. Seems you don't need new customers in the furniture repair arena.
    audiothesis.com/

Sounds good. Good help is hard to find. Just let me know.
    2 Channel

Theater

Living Room

Office