Feeler - Usher Be-10

I'm strongly considering selling my beloved Be-10 for business reasons. These were my dream speakers for five years and I feel fortunate to have them. The original owner told me he had a professional upgrade crossovers and a few other things to the tune of $4k.

They have damage to one cabinet and terminals need to be replaced (new ones included in sale). I will include Be tweeters and the currently installed diamond tweeters.

Feeler for current condition is $5500. Thebprice will jump to $6000 if I get someone to fix the cabinet.

These are $16k retail and include $4k in upgrades.

Comments

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 12,907
    Feeler here is that I want them to go to a good home. I don't really want to sell outside the forum. Problem is I'm not sure how many here have the actual space to let them breathe.
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 5,480
    edited May 25
    Say it isn't so Skip, what happened to the end game speakers? Will you deliver them to Walcott Iowa? I will help you unload them. Being serious now can't believe your letting these go.
    As AudioThesis morphs, so does my obligation to support it. I'll likely get another pair down the road, but right now I need to focus on other avenues. This is one of the pitfalls of going beyond the hobbyist status.

For those interested, these cost me about $4400 all in to pick up. The additional $1100 covers my costs in tweeters and terminals as well as some assistance with delivery and setup.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 15,924
    Pics please...
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 6,859
    In before Russ offers you toe funk and three quarters.
  • andrew82andrew82 Posts: 134
    Wow, what a great deal! I'm sure you know I'm happy with my current setup as is, but that sounds like a very fair price Skip.
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 5,480
    These are way worth the asking price and then some.
    I'll get some pics up tomorrow. I'll scroll through my phone and try to find some in the mean time.
    iooam29uxapx.jpg
    lcmorrxxqvp1.jpg
    iqcidcdfmru6.jpg
    3tvfap0qqvac.jpg
    zv17rxzme5lz.jpg
    01qvscts0s0u.jpg
    krpyzvdtqfu4.jpg
    syobbttiyft6.jpg
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 1,068
    You suk. So does anyone that buys these. Wait, I suk because I don't have the room to let these things run or they'd be mine. I heard these recently and someone is getting a sweet pair of speakers at a hellacious price. The world sux because my house is too small. Going to the garden to eat some worms...
    kharp1 wrote: »
    You suk. So does anyone that buys these. Wait, I suk because I don't have the room to let these things run or they'd be mine. I heard these recently and someone is getting a sweet pair of speakers at a hellacious price. The world sux because my house is too small. Going to the garden to eat some worms...

I've talked with a few already about these and they have the same issue you do.... and most other audiophiles.
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,446
    I probably have enough room, I just don't have enough money :p
  • Kurt300Kurt300 Posts: 205
    I'm with kharp1 - "you suk". :) Here I am enjoying all the LSiMs, and you pour the metaphorical itching powder of upgrade-itis down my neck. Now I think - "well, I do have one living room with no stereo in it." And high ceilings with lots of space. "Isn't it time to step up to a serious 2 channel setup?" Way to turn contentment into audio avarice...thanks. I suppose I'd (I mean, whoever buys these would) need to get a McIntosh or better to drive them well?
    Kurt300 wrote: »
    I'm with kharp1 - "you suk". :) Here I am enjoying all the LSiMs, and you pour the metaphorical itching powder of upgrade-itis down my neck. Now I think - "well, I do have one living room with no stereo in it." And high ceilings with lots of space. "Isn't it time to step up to a serious 2 channel setup?" Way to turn contentment into audio avarice...thanks. I suppose I'd (I mean, whoever buys these would) need to get a McIntosh or better to drive them well?

I like the way you're thinking...DO IT!!!
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 15,924
    edited May 26
    Find a way to get them to me and we will have a deal... just need a couple years to scrape up the cash.

Do you offer layaway? :D
    No need for McIntosh. Kurt, these will absolutely blow the LSiM out of the water. While they are big, they are 8 ohm and a fairly easy load. I run these off the Dayens 50 wpc monoblocks and it's quite glorious.
  • tratlifftratliff Posts: 453
    I would buy them and pick em up....but I just cant get over the damage.

Have you talked with anyone locally who could repair them?
    I have. I am getting ahold of another one today because the contact I had moved out of town.
    Let me know what you find out.
  • TForanTForan Posts: 326
    Skip, my family was in the furniture business and that damage would be fairly easy to fix by a competent repair man.
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 2,929
    Was the previous owner a skateboarder?
  • footwedgefootwedge Posts: 474
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Was the previous owner a skateboarder?

My guess would be a marital spat and she took it out on the speaks.
    The original owner had a multi-level house and they were dropped while on the stairs. The top dragged on the cast iron banister. These cabinets are so overbuilt (they are toe-breakers after all) that it did nothing to the integrity. It's purely cosmetic.

I have contacted another furniture repair shop.

Keep in mind you can have a little bit of Polk history here. Bring the legitimate toe-snappers into your home. You would think these were the Italian speakers given their reputation. The new owner should keep their shoes on at all times.
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 4,392
    I hate to see these being sold but I totally understand, I have not the $$ or room for these but after all I heard from the Usher Mini X's Bookies I can only dream of what they would sound like :)

If Todd did buy this I'd have to sneak over his house someday and listen to them >:) I'm am curious on they would sound on McIntosh gear.

These are End game speakers I believe, even though I've never heard them!

I happy for who ever does end up with them. ROCK ON POLKIES!
    Bump.
    Somebody buy these before I rent another SUV, drive 13 hours each way and buy these only to get them home and realize they won't work in my 12x12 room. Please save me from myself.
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 4,392
    Agree, in the back of my mind I hope none buy these so years from now they will be mine Ha Ha Ha! but I know Skip must have a house full of speaker by now and these will make room for more newer speakers.

So I say to those who may buy these Enjoy!! what I have not had the chance to hear yet you B$*#@ :)
    What do you find out from the repair person?
    Bump.

Todd, I am reaching out to another vendor (third one) and trying to get someone to actually WANT my business. Seems you don't need new customers in the furniture repair arena.
    Sounds good. Good help is hard to find. Just let me know.