Please help me pair up my stereo components

Options
I would like to hear your idea of how I should pair up my components and speakers. Please excuse my humble gears, they may not be up to date but I'm quite happy with all of them. I enjoy listening more to music with a very short amount of alone time before I pick up my children from school and head to work (swing shift). I also want to set up my hometheater because my family enjoys watching a movie with all the surround sounds going. We are in the process of moving to smaller place but I plan to slowly put it all together when the move is done. Also, I cannot afford to take the whole family to a movie theater because of the expensive movie tickets plus the popcorns and the sodas. With that said, I need advise on the best possible way to pair up my components and speakers without having to spend a dollar. Thank you in advance for all of your ideas.

50' Maxent Flat Screen TV
Dennon AV Surround Reciever AVR-3803
Front Channel- Polk Audio RTi 70
Center Channel - Polk Audio CSi 100
Monster Cables (fronts and center)
Side Surrounds Channel- Polk Audio FXi 30 (available but not connected at the moment)
Back Center Channel - Polk Audio CSi 20 (available but not connected at the moment)

ROTEL RSX-1055
Carver Model M-1.5t
SDA SRS 1.2tl
Audioquest CV-8 speaker cables
Audioquest Analog Interconnects
Primare (CD Player)
Bass Channel - SVS Bass Authority PB2 Plus

Available for use:
Carver C-1 preamp
TX11A Tuner
Adcom 555
Adcom 535
Audiosource PRE-ONE/A
Sony DVD (nothing fancy)

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Are you looking to create one system for both music and movies with said gear ? If so, how big is the room it would go in ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Badiveganaf
    Badiveganaf Posts: 15
    Options
    I want a separate systems for music and movies. I more interested in making the most out of the 2 channel stereo. The music room will be the master bedroom and it is not that big room (guessing 12x12, I have to measure it to get the right size)
  • tonyb
    Options
    So your 2 channel music system will be in a small bedroom ? You have pretty big speakers for a small bedroom. The SDA's will not work in a small bedroom, they need some room to breath.

For your HT system.

I'd use the SDA'S since you can't use them anywhere else. Bring the carver amp with it and the SVS subwoofer. Use the Denon for the HT processing. Use the cs20 as the front center channel since it's better than the CSI100. Neither are a good match but the goal is to not spend money right ? Use the FX30's as surrounds.

Music

The rti70's, Rotel, Adcom amp, Primare cd player, Audioquest cables.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Badiveganaf
    Options
    Thanks Tony! It will be interesting to see how your recommendations would sound like. I've never thought of setting it up that way
  • tonyb
    Options
    Thanks Tony! It will be interesting to see how your recommendations would sound like. I've never thought of setting it up that way

The choices would be different if your music environment were larger. Small bedroom eliminates the SDA's and SVS subwoofer. Have a good bike ride btw, Daddy duties start and then it's Miller time. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    There is. I csi100. Can u double check the model number?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Badiveganaf
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »

Sorry to confuse Rooftop59, I got the model wrong. the center speaker is csi40 not csi100

tonyb wrote: »
    The choices would be different if your music environment were larger. Small bedroom eliminates the SDA's and SVS subwoofer. Have a good bike ride btw, Daddy duties start and then it's Miller time. lol

Thanks Tonyb! It's all good, I'm happy to try the new setup. That Miller is looking good tho. ;)
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »

Sorry to confuse Rooftop59, I got the model wrong. the center speaker is csi40 not csi100

Okay, so the csi40 is the better center.

I also respectfully disagree with @tonyb on the AVR. Neither the denon nor the rotel have HDMI, but unless you plan to run 7.1 I would use the Rotel for the dual-purpose theater, with the SDAs and and Adcom GFA555 (perhaps try it and the carver and see which one you like better with the SDAs).

I think you can get a really nice setup put together with what you have. And I hear you on the cost of going ot the movies. I've got four kids! Much cheaper to BUY the blu ray and make our own popcorn, and it's more comfy and smells better lol...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • tonyb
    Options
    He isn't looking for a dual purpose system, 2 separate systems. Using a Denon HT receiver for music is going to leave him unimpressed. The more musical of the 2, Rotel or Denon, is absolutely the Rotel. The Denon for HT duties will work well enough, but not for a strict music system.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's