Who's Watching "American Gods" and/or "Year Million"

gimpodgimpod Posts: 1,651
"American Gods" I've watched the first four episodes and still can't figure this one out.? I know it's supposed to be about Old Gods and New Gods But that's it.

"Year Million" I've watched the first two episodes and it scares the brown stinky stuff out of me, I'm just glad I won't live to see it.!

IMO I find both shows interesting and worth watching.

Comments

• motorhead43026motorhead43026 Posts: 1,791
    Where do you find these shows?
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,308
    Where do you find these shows?

It's a p o r n channel...
  • motorhead43026motorhead43026 Posts: 1,791
    I googled them, should of done that in the first place.
  • Jimbo18Jimbo18 Posts: 1,402
    I haven't seen YM (but will check it out) but I really like American Gods. I read the book several years ago and from what I remember, the show is following it pretty closely. Strange stuff but fun.

Neil Gaiman, the writer, was/is one of the top comic book writers and he has written a few novels. There is a follow up to the AG novel called Anansi Boys. He's best known for his Sandman series of comics, though.

dpfbpqns8811.jpg

• westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,560
    gimpod wrote: »
    "American Gods" I've watched the first four episodes and still can't figure this one out.? I know it's supposed to be about Old Gods and New Gods But that's it.

"Year Million" I've watched the first two episodes and it scares the brown stinky stuff out of me, I'm just glad I won't live to see it.!

IMO I find both shows interesting and worth watching.

Agree on "Gods" Tony. No Idea what's going on, but still can't stop watching it.
    "The Leftovers" is another one that's out there, and 3 seasons in, still have no clue.
  • gimpodgimpod Posts: 1,651
    Agree on "Gods" Tony. No Idea what's going on, but still can't stop watching it.
    "The Leftovers" is another one that's out there, and 3 seasons in, still have no clue.

Same for me on "The Leftovers", Just started watching and getting sucked in. Good to know I've almost 3 season to go and still won't know what's what. Isn't season 3 the final season, and if so after tonight there's only one episode left, can they get it wrapped up or is it going to be left up to our own imaginations. ?
    gimpod wrote: »

Same for me on "The Leftovers", Just started watching and getting sucked in. Good to know I've almost 3 season to go and still won't know what's what. Isn't season 3 the final season, and if so after tonight there's only one episode left, can they get it wrapped up or is it going to be left up to our own imaginations. ?
    Who knows. Same with movies, it's like a three act play, but they all end after the 2nd act.
    BTW, did you notice Gillian Anderson as Lucy? Hubba hubba, she nailed it.
  • daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 361
    I'll watch anything with Ian Mcshane - was so happy when he showed up in Game Of Thrones, but the bummed he only lasted one episode:-(
    Really digging this show.
    daddyjt wrote: »
    I'll watch anything with Ian Mcshane - was so happy when he showed up in Game Of Thrones, but the bummed he only lasted one episode:-(

He rocks. Steals the whole scene when he's in it
  • gimpodgimpod Posts: 1,651
    Really digging this show.
    daddyjt wrote: »

He rocks. Steals the whole scene when he's in it

Me thinks so too!.
    Big fan of Pablo Schreiber going back to his time on The Wire. Plus, what an interesting combination of cultures in his name.
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    Big fan of Pablo Schreiber going back to his time on The Wire. Plus, what an interesting combination of cultures in his name.
    He's a riot. Never knew leprechauns were that big.

Killer Opening

Great Season Finale:
    Spoiler Alert!

• codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 1,012
    Man American Gods sounds like a great premise. Sadly I don't have Starz, I will have to find another way to watch.
    Did anyone else get the hint from Mr. Wednesday's name which old god he was?
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    Did anyone else get the hint from Mr. Wednesday's name which old god he was?
    Nope. I did know Thursday was Thor's, but not Wednesday
    Man American Gods sounds like a great premise. Sadly I don't have Starz, I will have to find another way to watch.

Amazon Prime has it

Amazon Prime has it

Well look who came through for the win. I do have Prime, I guess I know what I am watching when I get home. >:)
    Need to purchase Starz on Amazon...might do the 7 day free trial and binge.