Who's Watching "American Gods" and/or "Year Million"

gimpodgimpod Posts: 1,705
"American Gods" I've watched the first four episodes and still can't figure this one out.? I know it's supposed to be about Old Gods and New Gods But that's it.

"Year Million" I've watched the first two episodes and it scares the brown stinky stuff out of me, I'm just glad I won't live to see it.!

IMO I find both shows interesting and worth watching.
"If you design software that any moron can use only morons will use it." JMO
---
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain

Unfortunately for most of us we only get to experience the first day and then we can't even remember it.
---
"Close only counts in Horseshoes, Hand Grenades and Thermonuclear Weapons."
"50% Why... That's almost half."
"I know, I'm sick and need help."
----
www.gimpod.com
----
"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction." ~ Kenneth Swauger

Comments

• motorhead43026motorhead43026 Posts: 2,210
    Where do you find these shows?

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk Signature S60's
    Cables: Wireworld Eclipse IC, Audio Art IC3; Speaker cable LA International SS-800; PS Audio AC-3 power cords; All into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

Other; SDA2BTL's, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage.
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,552
    Where do you find these shows?

It's a p o r n channel...
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • motorhead43026motorhead43026 Posts: 2,210
    I googled them, should of done that in the first place.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk Signature S60's
    Cables: Wireworld Eclipse IC, Audio Art IC3; Speaker cable LA International SS-800; PS Audio AC-3 power cords; All into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

Other; SDA2BTL's, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage.
  • Jimbo18Jimbo18 Posts: 1,573
    I haven't seen YM (but will check it out) but I really like American Gods. I read the book several years ago and from what I remember, the show is following it pretty closely. Strange stuff but fun.

Neil Gaiman, the writer, was/is one of the top comic book writers and he has written a few novels. There is a follow up to the AG novel called Anansi Boys. He's best known for his Sandman series of comics, though.

dpfbpqns8811.jpg

Modest HT - Sony STRDA3700ES, RT800i, CS400i center, RT25i surrounds, Def Tech PF 15TL+, Belkin PF30, Sony BDP-S390.
    Bedroom - HK AVR 340, Monitor 5jr+ Series2, CS245 center, Yamaha YST-SW160, Furez 10/2, Roku 3
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,793
    gimpod wrote: »
    "American Gods" I've watched the first four episodes and still can't figure this one out.? I know it's supposed to be about Old Gods and New Gods But that's it.

"Year Million" I've watched the first two episodes and it scares the brown stinky stuff out of me, I'm just glad I won't live to see it.!

IMO I find both shows interesting and worth watching.

Agree on "Gods" Tony. No Idea what's going on, but still can't stop watching it.
    "The Leftovers" is another one that's out there, and 3 seasons in, still have no clue.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver PM-600

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Now Carrying Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • gimpodgimpod Posts: 1,705
    Agree on "Gods" Tony. No Idea what's going on, but still can't stop watching it.
    "The Leftovers" is another one that's out there, and 3 seasons in, still have no clue.

Same for me on "The Leftovers", Just started watching and getting sucked in. Good to know I've almost 3 season to go and still won't know what's what. Isn't season 3 the final season, and if so after tonight there's only one episode left, can they get it wrapped up or is it going to be left up to our own imaginations. ?
    ---
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain

Unfortunately for most of us we only get to experience the first day and then we can't even remember it.
    ---
    ----
    www.gimpod.com
    ----
    "The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction." ~ Kenneth Swauger
    gimpod wrote: »

Same for me on "The Leftovers", Just started watching and getting sucked in. Good to know I've almost 3 season to go and still won't know what's what. Isn't season 3 the final season, and if so after tonight there's only one episode left, can they get it wrapped up or is it going to be left up to our own imaginations. ?
    Who knows. Same with movies, it's like a three act play, but they all end after the 2nd act.
    BTW, did you notice Gillian Anderson as Lucy? Hubba hubba, she nailed it.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps

dhsspeakerservice.com/

• daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 488
    I'll watch anything with Ian Mcshane - was so happy when he showed up in Game Of Thrones, but the bummed he only lasted one episode:-(
    Too much stuff to keep track of.

Currently enjoying: Legacy Focus 20/20, McCormack DNA 225, Bill D C1, Oppo 105
    Really digging this show.
    daddyjt wrote: »
    I'll watch anything with Ian Mcshane - was so happy when he showed up in Game Of Thrones, but the bummed he only lasted one episode:-(

He rocks. Steals the whole scene when he's in it
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Den:

dhsspeakerservice.com/

• gimpodgimpod Posts: 1,705
    Really digging this show.
    daddyjt wrote: »

He rocks. Steals the whole scene when he's in it

Me thinks so too!.
    ---

---
    ----
    www.gimpod.com
    ----
    Big fan of Pablo Schreiber going back to his time on The Wire. Plus, what an interesting combination of cultures in his name.
    Modest HT - Sony STRDA3700ES, RT800i, CS400i center, RT25i surrounds, Def Tech PF 15TL+, Belkin PF30, Sony BDP-S390.
    Bedroom - HK AVR 340, Monitor 5jr+ Series2, CS245 center, Yamaha YST-SW160, Furez 10/2, Roku 3
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    Big fan of Pablo Schreiber going back to his time on The Wire. Plus, what an interesting combination of cultures in his name.
    He's a riot. Never knew leprechauns were that big.

Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Den:

dhsspeakerservice.com/

Killer Opening

Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Den:

dhsspeakerservice.com/

Great Season Finale:
    Spoiler Alert!

Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Den:

dhsspeakerservice.com/

• codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 1,196
    Man American Gods sounds like a great premise. Sadly I don't have Starz, I will have to find another way to watch.
    Living room

Mains: SDA 2B Studio
    Lows: Velodyne CHT12
    Power: Marantz SR7000 Preouts to Yamaha AV34
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' Curved

2 Channel/Bedroom

*under construction*
    Polk TSI 200
    Power: Marantz PM235
    CDP: Technics SL-PD688
    TT: Pioneer PL510

Noggin Rockin'

Grado SR80e
    Harman Kardon CL
    Little dot 1+/GE JAN 5654w

Closet of Dreams:

Harman Kardon AVR130
    Yamaha HTR5590
    Paradigm Monitor 90
    Polk RTA11TL
    New Large Advents 25th Anniversary Edition
    Bravo V2/RCA Clear top Conn branded 12AU7

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    Did anyone else get the hint from Mr. Wednesday's name which old god he was?
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    Did anyone else get the hint from Mr. Wednesday's name which old god he was?
    Nope. I did know Thursday was Thor's, but not Wednesday
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Den:

dhsspeakerservice.com/

Man American Gods sounds like a great premise. Sadly I don't have Starz, I will have to find another way to watch.

Amazon Prime has it
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Den:

dhsspeakerservice.com/

Amazon Prime has it

Well look who came through for the win. I do have Prime, I guess I know what I am watching when I get home. >:)
    Living room

2 Channel/Bedroom

*under construction*
    Polk TSI 200

Noggin Rockin'

Grado SR80e
    Harman Kardon CL

Closet of Dreams:

Harman Kardon AVR130
    Yamaha HTR5590
    Paradigm Monitor 90
    Polk RTA11TL

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    Need to purchase Starz on Amazon...might do the 7 day free trial and binge.
    Living room

2 Channel/Bedroom

*under construction*
    Polk TSI 200

Noggin Rockin'

Grado SR80e
    Harman Kardon CL

Closet of Dreams:

Harman Kardon AVR130
    Yamaha HTR5590
    Paradigm Monitor 90
    Polk RTA11TL