Nicky Hayden dead at 35

Options
Dabutcher
Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
Followed his great career. RIP http://m.bbc.com/sport/motorsport/39972058
MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”

Comments

• quickr1
    quickr1 Posts: 414
    Options
    Very sad news here. Watched him at road America several times and in Indy. R.i.p.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    Ahh man. Very sad news, I was such a fan back when he moving out of AMA and into Moto GP.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    I met him twice in the pits at road America when he was just starting out. Kicked ash back then on the Honda VTwins when everybody else was riding in line fours. Very humble personable fellow with us fans. Great American Racer. RIP
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Nicky chasing his great friend Rossi in 2013 at Indy...

10708518_10205403296550933_4638638822584412823_o.jpg?oh=a41366f42e16b35df298e69369934032&oe=59A8D6B5

Met him at Indy a couple of times and Rose (his mom) always called my friend Monica her "daughter in law" because Monica always swore she was gonna marry Nicky.

Will miss his great personality.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    I met him twice in the pits at road America when he was just starting out. Kicked ash back then on the Honda VTwins when everybody else was riding in line fours. Very humble personable fellow with us fans. Great American Racer. RIP

Was it not V-Fours?

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    RIP, he is a legend where I come from.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options

Was it not V-Fours?

RC-51 was affectionately known as "The Ducati that Honda Built". It was a twin.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • motorhead43026
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

Was it not V-Fours?

RC-51 was affectionately known as "The Ducati that Honda Built". It was a twin.

Thats right, it was an oval piston design if I remember correctly. I should have remembered the RC-51. I got out of the motorcycle business in 93, but this design had been around. How easy it is to forget as time goes by.

• quickr1
    quickr1 Posts: 414
    edited May 2017
    Options

Thats right, it was an oval piston design if I remember correctly. I should have remembered the RC-51. I got out of the motorcycle business in 93, but this design had been around. How easy it is to forget as time goes by.

I think your thinking about the nsr that Honda built. It had oval pistons.
  • motorhead43026
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ^^You are correct the NR, thank you.