new to me SDA SRS 2's: couple of questions

I just picked up a pair of SDA SRS 2's last night. I noticed they have threaded inserts in the bases but don't know the size or thread pitch. Also, the cabinets have some scratches on them. I'm no woodworker but I remember reading somewhere about some product that helps cover them up, Formby's or Old English maybe? Last one, these are b/b, that means they are 4 ohm, correct? Any of you knowledgeable CP folks know the answers? Thanks.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,710
    1/4-20

I wouldn't use either of those products. Get yourself a touch up marker in a color tone as close as possible to your end caps. Run the marker over one scratch at a time and immediately wipe off the excess with a paper towel.

Yes.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BillJGW
    BillJGW Posts: 7
    Thanks, F1nut. Where do I find the touch up markers? Sorry, I'm pretty hopeless with this kind of thing.
  • F1nut
    HD and Lowe's sell them, but they aren't the best. Look online for Behlen, Mohawk or Master's, they are what I use.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    edited May 2017
    Edited: Nevermind. (F1 already answered.)
  • Rex81
    Rex81 Posts: 193
    I would personally not use the touch up markers. Some are nothing more than Sharpie permanent markers in a color similar to oak or walnut.

On all my speakers, I use a Howard's combination made for furniture. Apply Howard's Restore-a-Finish with #0000 steel wool. You can buy it to match your wood tone. You can also apply it with a cloth or rag, but using the fine steel wool will remove the scratches and any water stains. The nice thing about this process is you're actually buffing out the scratches, not just filling them in. Once that's dry, finish it up with a couple coats of Howard's Feed-n-Wax. Those things will look like new.
  • F1nut
    They are all permanent markers, that's their purpose.

I'm a pro and you will never find any of Howard's crap in my shop or any other respectable shop that I know of.

President of Club Polk