Feeler Karma

Options
This is just a feeler to see if there is enough interest.

I do not have the box or shipping materials so the official Karma will be when I come across that.

If I had a Denon PRA1200 pre amplifer in good cosmetic condition would anyone have an interest for it as a Karma (Just cover shipping)

Like I said it is in good cosmetic condition, the only issue is static in the volume pot and RCAs so a quick cleaning with deoxit should fix that.

I have seen some great things happen on this forum and like to give every once in a while.
Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
" I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
"Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
"Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
"Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
    Options
    ooh, that preamp has some interesting phono capability! Have you used the phono preamp in it (i.e., how does it sound?).

Looks, to me, like a very cool karmic opportunity (to actually answer your question!).
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    I personally haven't but I know it does have a switchable MM and MC options. I never got any deoxit to try and mess with it, never had a separate power amp to pair it with. I mean as much as it does look good collecting dust in my closet I would rather pass it on to someone who could use it more than I.

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • codycatalist
    Options
    @boston1450 Mentioned that he owned it once, maybe he can chime in on the phono section.

• codycatalist
    Options
    @geppy1 Owned one at some point too.

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    I would be interested, count me in. I have a POA2400 and POA2200 without a pre. Would be nice to add it to them.

Thanks
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Variable load capacitance on the phono preamp section is very cool; a continuously variable capacitor in this application is something I don't recall seeing in any other components! :)

I mean, it's not rocket science (variable capacitors were, of course, de rigueur in radio receivers!), but it is unusual (perhaps even unique).

EDIT: Derp :/ Based on a bit o'googling, it looks like there are different versions of the PRA-1200; some with variable load capacitance for phono; some with variable loudness instead?! Maybe ROW (rest of world) vs. US models? Either is (potentially) a cool and even useful feature, though!