ocd - background image; can we get something more filling please?

Options
msg
msg Posts: 9,461
This sparse LSiM based background is messing me up.
I've had three seizures since it's changed, and lost my job because of it. The neighborhood feral tabby wants nothing to do with me anymore, either, and I even tried rubbing down with canned salmon.

Can we get a better fitting background image back again, please, something less vacuous and floaty? Something grounding so I can be back out in amongst the general citizenry without people staring at me, muttering incessantly to myself?

wlnsrefx9one.gif
I disabled signatures.

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    Options
    If we could just find a reliable source of black paint, you could mask off the center of your screen and spray paint the sidebars.

Just brainstorming here -- no wrong answers, y'know?
  • msg
    Options
    That's a fantastic idea, Mark. Indeed. Too bad about the black paint, howeverrr...

Inspires me to skin some midnight mahogany slivers off a set of 705s with a power planer to Gorilla Glue on for a color change, since the MVC never quite worked in my space.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Side note: does anyone know how to work Gorilla Glue properly? Is it the addition of water that stops it from never-ending expansion, like that canned foam?
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Horrible, horrible glue. It cures via moisture, so it foams up creating air bubbles weakening the adhesive quality, which is exactly the opposite of what you want. Throw it away and buy some real glue such as Titebond.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I was quite taken aback the first time I used it [Gorilla Glue]. It may have also been the last time I used it, come to think of it.

Hipster that I am, I think I still prefer glue made from horses' hooves. The terroir , of course, is very important, just as in the production of a fine wine.

;)

• msg
    Options
    Good to hear.
    Yeah, I tested it once and never really used it. It was weird stuff.
    I'll check out that Titebond stuff.
    F1nut wrote: »
    Horrible, horrible glue. It cures via moisture, so it foams up creating air bubbles weakening the adhesive quality, which is exactly the opposite of what you want. Throw it away and buy some real glue such as Titebond.

ha, yes, exactly my experience as well. like a wtf is happening moment.
    making glue out of horses and gorillas.
    terroir determines efficacy [horse whinny]
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I was quite taken aback the first time I used it [Gorilla Glue]. It may have also been the last time I used it, come to think of it.
    Hipster that I am, I think I still prefer glue made from horses' hooves. The terroir , of course, is very important, just as in the production of a fine wine.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Options
    Which Gorilla glue is bad? All of them? They make like ten different kinds including Super Glue.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,271
    Options
    Forget Gorilla Glue.
    Don't mess around, man up, and use JB Weld.
    If it isn't moving, JB Weld it.
    Sal Palooza
  • msg
    Options
    JB Weld also makes for a great pranking adhesive.
    Especially funny with stuff like keyholes, weighting one shoe, accelerators, dentures, etc.
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Other than the original Gorilla glue (the horrible one), the rest of their products are the same as everything else that was available before theirs.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    I have been informed that the current background is in support of the LSiM sale and we should have the darker one back next week.

President of Club Polk

• msg
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Figured as much, yeah, thanks Jesse.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    FWIW, when it comes to cyanoacrylate adhesives, I am a firm believer in using the products that the R/C aircraft hobbyists use. That stuff has to be strong; even the little trainer planes are subject to some pretty serious stresses in flight, and if the glue's not up to it, disaster may strike.

I use these (again FWIW) for many applications and with good results.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXK282&P=ML
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXK286&P=ML
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXK290&P=7

The thicker formulations cure more slowly, but will fill gaps and work in situations where the classic thin CA adhesives just don't get the job done.

(just my non-expert, end-user opinions, of course)
  • msg
    Options
    Oh, I think I'm just now for the first time seeing the forum background the way it's intended to look for the LSiM sale. Actually pretty cool. I'm okay now. This is acceptable. Carry on.

rykzujat4fuo.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Except now it's like looking into two mirrors facing each other...

9akua8u8wba3.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Somebody get me off this ride, havin' a bad trip

44bn2ibc9np9.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Infinity. It's not for the faint of heart.

infinite-reflection.jpg

On topic :) One does note that the background behind the loudspeakers in the sidebars is a very light blue, not pure dazzling white.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    qsyzagexcdw7.png

umm -- who needs drugs, man?

• msg
    Options
    insightful like lol

Mark - looks offwhite/gray to me, but what do I know. I can't see my bbcode color working, so I might be forum colorblind.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    could be -- this display's not calibrated, and I am not sure I can reliable distinguish light blue from grey, myself.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    It's the double
    msg wrote: »
    Somebody get me off this ride, havin' a bad trip

44bn2ibc9np9.png

It's the double Whammy subliminal message I'm sure you gave in so how many pair of LSIM's have you bought?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • msg
    Options
    Hehe, doesn't everyone's bathroom need a pair of 707s?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Gorilla Glue does serve one purpose.
    zbo8h15cfhks.jpg

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Completely agree

It's intolerable while on your PC or pads
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • msg
    Options
    if3GlJ.gif
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Can we get this background changed to something darker now? I think the LSIM look awesome but since getting hit with the change I cannot stand being on the forum on a PC.

Maybe it's time for Leonard Cohen's swan song, then?

;)

0004619802-a22ad526-7f9a-4752-8b11-e575279496ea.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    I'm not seeing a problem.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    I'm not seeing a problem.

What does your page see on your PC?
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    the new speaks.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    the new speaks.

Is your screen solid white like the other LSiM pics posted