Audiogon transaction question

Options

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    Screw this guy. I already had audiogon back me up days ago as I knew this was going south. They said any negative feedback he gives me will be reversed.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Boom, audiogon bails me out.

That's what happens when Joey puts his ducks in a row before going to war. This guy is a moron.

a3d8nswbaftc.jpeg
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Have Audiogon remove that.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Joey_V
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Have Audiogon remove that.

Audiogon Tammy took it out. I already had her promise me that days ago that if things went down she would bail me out.

And she did.

Now I wonder if I can negative feedback this bstefano character
  • Joey_V
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    Wow... what a p.o.s. Gets his money but is still sulking in his bed over 10 bucks.

I would thrash him on his feedback.

Audiogon refunded him the difference. Guys a POS. He got ALL the money and he still left a negative.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
  • Joey_V
    Options
    He sent me a message:

Obviously the cord and the $20 put a strain on your bank account.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Man, the potshots...
  • F1nut
    Options
    They will likely remove any negative feedback you leave him. Best to move on.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Best to move on.

+1000

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • F1nut
    Options
    A tip from experience: avoid any seller that uses all caps as it is a sure sign they are trouble.

President of Club Polk

• Joey_V
    Options
    nv7c41evbe6e.png
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Options
    hmmmm, perhaps I should stop using audiogon if this is what could happen. Sorry this took such a wrong turn for you.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Legender wrote: »
    hmmmm, perhaps I should stop using audiogon if this is what could happen. Sorry this took such a wrong turn for you.

Why would you stop using audiogon for this? Joey didn't have to pay anything above what was agreed upon, and he didn't get any negative feedback.

I guess if you are worried about other sellers treating you in a similar way that might be a legit concern, but there is the possibility of dealing with BS no matter where you buy, even our venerated club Polk FM. Buying used from individuals on the interwebs always comes with risks, that is why some folks will only buy new or used from dealers. I get that, but its worth my coin to risk a little extra work. YMMV...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    I wonder how well A'gon actually tracks these types of incidents?
    Does Mr. Stefano now have a * next to his name?
    Is there a "3 Strike Rule"?
    ...Or does it all get expunged and they move on?

Besides for the listing price increases, i still see nothing wrong with A'gon as a whole.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Balls in my court. He has no way to leave repeat feedback.

mjl4n7wesum8.png
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Options
    I'd let it be. You were able to get your bitching done here. We're good listeners. :)
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Thanks @daboyz

I'll wait a few and see how I feel then I'll leave him a feedback. Which he can't fight or return the favor.

I'm thinking atleast a neutral feedback is appropriate
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    This is mostly your fault ya know. If you had stayed in the "cables don't matter club",
    this transaction would never have taken place... ;)

Take the high road and let it go. A neutral won't likely deter anyone from buying from him, so if it's not a negative, don't bother. My .o2
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    I wouldn't leave any feedback. Let it go Joe.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,271
    Options
    Leave no feedback. Period.

The guy obviously, IMO has some "issues".
    Just move on and know that he'll pull the same type of stunt down the road with someone of a more "activist" mindset. And kharma will play out, and justice will be served.
    Just enjoy your gear. o:)
    Sal Palooza
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    Options
    Yeah Joey, no feedback. All of my transactions on Agon have been very smooth, thank goodness. If you leave negative feedback, most likely he'll come back at you portraying the honest seller being taken advantage of by an unscrupulous buyer.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Malbec wrote: »
    Yeah Joey, no feedback. All of my transactions on Agon have been very smooth, thank goodness. If you leave negative feedback, most likely he'll come back at you portraying the honest seller being taken advantage of by an unscrupulous buyer.

He can't come back, he drew first blood by giving me a negative feedback which audiogon deleted because I had already spoken to audiogon before things escalated.

I asked audiogon, they said I was right and he was wrong. He can no longer leave me feedback.

• MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    I'm with most everyone here, he's a tool, but I'd let it go.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• Joey_V
    Options
    MrBuhl wrote: »
    I'm with most everyone here, he's a tool, but I'd let it go.
    You're probably right.

Let karma do its job.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Guy is a **** to create all this trouble for $20 on an $800+ purchase. I don't like conflict either, but future buyers would be well served to know what kind of seller they are dealing with. Some constructive, but negative feedback would not be unwarranted.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Also, why did agon give him the money when you are clearly in the right? The smack down should have started with them, but not surprisingly, they are more interested in profits then doing the right thing.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    He ships the item then sends me a message and says the shipping was $30 and he would like to collect the difference.

Now, I'm not new to this. I've sold things before where I underestimated the shipping cost... But I ate the loss.

What would you do as the buyer or seller?

As the buyer, I would have alerted Audiogon that I had fulfilled my end of the deal and that the seller was trying to shake me down for additional money. Since I would not legally or morally owe the seller anything further, I wouldn't pay anything further. As the seller, I would have done a "lesson learned" and been more careful and accurate about quoting shipping charges in the future.

In all my years of buying and selling on Audiogon, I have only had one problematic transaction. The buyer of one of my items sent me a note demanding a $650 refund because there was a sheet of Dynamat Xtreme on the bottom of the unit and he wanted to be compensated for the reduction in resale value caused by the Dynamat. I told him that the Dynamat provided measurable and audible benefits and that he could just peel it off if he wanted to. I also informed him that I had installed Dyanamat after consulting with the manufacturer and sent him the emails where they approved its installation. I also sent the buyer pictures that showed I had installed Dynamat on the inside of the chassis. I apologized for not mentioning the Dynamat in my ad and told him that it was my practice to mention any modifications in my ads, but this one slipped my mind as I had done it a while ago and it wasn't anything significant.

He said he was going to email the manufacturer to verify that there was no potential harm caused by the Dynamat. The buyer sent me a copy of the manufacturer's response. The manufacturer confirmed that the Dynamat was "good stuff" and that they use it themselves in their personal projects. They did advise not to remove it because of the difficulty in removal. I sent an email and a video to the buyer and to the manufacturer showing me pressing on sheets of Dynamat and easily peeling it off the chassis of another of the same manufacturer's components. Dynamat does stick tenaciously to some surfaces, but it didn't stick tenaciously to the this particular surface.

The buyer then switched up and said he didn't mind that the Dynamat was there, he was offended that I was not honest and "transparent" about the Dynamat application, and that the Dynamat application meant that the item was not in "like new" condition as specified in my ad. He compared it to placing a bumper sticker on a new car. At that point I explained the difference between an honest mistake and an attempt to deceive, and that a bumper sticker cannot be compared to an out-of-sight manufacturer-approved performance enhancement. Since I should have mentioned the Dynamat in the ad and I should have offered the option of me removing it prior to shipping, I offered a refund equivalent to one hour of repair shop labor so that the buyer could take the unit to a shop and have all of it professionally removed. This seemed to placate him and he left positive feedback for our transaction.

Similar to your recent transaction on Audiogon, I have encountered quite a few nutjobs and con artists on eBay.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Ray

Yes, we could not agree eye to eye with the buyer. Audiogon sided with me so they gave me a feedback shield so to speak.

I tried reasoning with the buyer but he is beyond reason. I have dealt with enough people in my career that I know when you can't reason with someone you simply can't reason with them no matter what.

He started to make it personal by saying that I was poor or had no money left in the bank and that I was petty.

I told him this was not personal and that it was simply a business transaction where we don't agree on the details.

That was my last message to him.

Atleast I have the cable and it is in good condition.

I'm still pondering over the feedback. I haven't left it yet.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    Options
    Joey,

You have your cable and your feedback history was not harmed and you weren't out any additional money. I would just move on and not leave any feedback at all.

True, he was a jerk at the end, but that ultimately had no tangible effect on the transaction.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!