Tom's Picks - New music finds.....

Options
2»

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    Options
    Listening to the Yoshi, dang that's good! Your right on the bass. Giving my old velodyne spl 1200 a workout.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,311
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Okay folks, got another one for you and I apologize in advance for listing one that may or may not be unobtainum at a reasonable cost.

This one was brought to my attention from a good friend of mine named Mark, who is a radio engineer in a state close to me. He had mentioned this album and I tried to find it. At the time, I could not find it to save my life. I mentioned to him that I tried to find it years later and he couldn't find it either. We spoke often about this particular album and after probably 4 years, he found a copy at a reasonable cost.

I snapped on it within 3 minutes.

I got it. listened to it and was impressed but at the time, did not have the SACD player I have now. It sounded decent but not worthy of what he was raving about.

Now that I have a reference SACD player, I decided today to put it in rotation once again.

WOW.

That's all I can say. Sound appears from a completely blank slate and a performance appears out of nowhere. This is not mainstream music for those who wish to read on. This is audiophile music at its top notch reference level. One of the best SACD's I own, if not the best.....I'll have to shuffle through the rest again to find out.

What I am saying is that if you want your rig to perform at its absolute best? Get this album. It's worth the wait if you don't mind "audiophile music". Like I said, it's not mainstream....what it is....is simply SUPERBLY recorded music.

R-8213105-1457260596-6883.jpeg.jpg

Good luck on finding it at a reasonable cost is all I can say. Mark had mentioned that a couple of them had gone for less than what I bought mine for but our communication wasn't timed right in order for me to acquire it at the time. It kept getting snagged up too soon.

Now that I have it? It was worth the wait. This gem sounds incredible.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    I'll be back in NC tomorrow..... ;)
  • treitz3
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Plan on coming by. I will NOT accept an answer other than "yes". Drive straight here if you have too. You can stay the night here. I have a couple of unused bushes you can sleep on. Sorry in advance, I have no sheep or goats but the neighbor might.

BTW, I forgot to mention, the above album is a Hybrid SACD.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I'll be back in NC tomorrow..... ;)
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Plan on coming by. I will NOT accept an answer other than "yes". Drive straight here if you have too. You can stay the night here. I have a couple of unused bushes you can sleep on. Sorry in advance, I have no sheep or goats but the neighbor might.

BTW, I forgot to mention, the above album is a Hybrid SACD.

Tom

I think he's heading here first....of course, so hold onto your panties Tom
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    Options
    Knowing him? I need to lock my wife's panties on her. 3 pair to be exact with 6 locks.

Tom