Classical Music Fans - Can You Help Me To Find Something, Please?

2»

Comments

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,511
    edited June 4
    Just being able to copy and paste a picture is a major accomplishment. But being able to size and crop pics? That could possibly cause bodily damage that I'm not prepared to sustain (at least my own body, it is beat up too much already).

LOL, Scott's an IT guy, and fookin' with u....and kinda makin' fun of the music, kinda like Air Supply...ya' know the hits we fall asleep with
  • You don't like Air Supply? Next thing you'll be up to is abdicating from Abba and knocking men at work ("work is the curse of the drinking class"). Besides, just about everyone knows it takes a village to raise a rock n roll band.

tbxafj569umv.png

pfg6pv4iky0t.png

They all had their place...just not in my library
    But many have been seen at events from weddings to Bar Mitzvah's doing the YMCA :D
  • The nice thing about Spotify is that I no longer need to stand in line at Music Plus or Tower Records with the Village People and Abba in a brown paper bag. I can stay in the closet and, if necessary, listen with headphones. Incognito is neat-O. B)

n77zoxii305o.png

8y51d8fr6ekq.png

j06jdlat6k7t.png

c6aobcq3galm.png

Instead of Bread

How about breadfan...
  • That could conceivably be classified under the "Soft Rock" banner - especially at the Grammys. If memory serves me correctly, Jethro Tull beat out Metallica for best hard rock. Ian Anderson plays a mean flautino.
    edited June 4
    When it comes to classical I prefer the piano and the strings i.e. cello played in the C-G minor...the darker side of classical IMHO

• MrBuhlMrBuhl Posts: 1,776
    edited June 4
    If you like vocals, you will be stunned by any of these from Tallis Scholars on the Gimell label. I'm always shocked at quality and musicality of the voices in this group. Telarc quality recordings too. Inspiring really what the human voice can do.

8deca9rnajpm.jpg

4lk53wr9xxv3.jpg

• Here are a couple of books that may help with putting together a classical collection and a plethora of other recordings:

v5x2mqr0xptx.png

8ldrpxf0s530.png

If you enjoy the piano check out-Valentina Lisitsa, a true master IMHO
    Great concert works is: Valentina Lisitsa Live At The Royal Albert Hall

An example of her mad fingers, especially after the 5min mark:

• voltzvoltz Posts: 4,392
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    When it comes to classical I prefer the piano and the strings i.e. cello played in the C-G minor...the darker side of classical IMHO

Agree :)

A great verson of the Bach Cello suites is by Janos Starker
    http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/98274/Janos_Starker-Bach_6_Cello_Suites-DSD_Single_Rate_28MHz64fs_Download
2»