50 percent off lsim sale

Options
gurot1
gurot1 Posts: 519
edited May 2017 in The Clubhouse
Just got an email about a limited time sale on lsim lineup.
lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
rti6,csi5,fxi5

Comments

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    I was going to ask you the details ? But I just went to Polk website and sure enough . All LSiM speakers are half off right now! Boom. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • gurot1
    Options
    Haha. I was just thinking I need to edit and post details
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Options
    Yep. Just found it. Offer ends 5/20 according to the site. Not sure what I'd do with another pair but sure is tempting.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    Must......resist......705 towers
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,445
    Options
    Why Kev? Just get it overwith, and stop wondering. Besides, you need them for the vinyl upgrades. If not, you might as well just throw your vinyl stuff out.
    I disabled signatures.
  • kevhed72
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Why Kev? Just get it overwith, and stop wondering. Besides, you need them for the vinyl upgrades. If not, you might as well just throw your vinyl stuff out.
    Honestly, my only hesitation is trying to sell these 703s....but then again, Imcould move them to the HT and just buy the LSIM center and surrounds.....yeah, that's the ticket!

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    I am so close to pulling the trigger on a par of 703s. If I dont like them as well as the B&Ws, i guess could sell and not get hurt too bad.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    Clearing stock for the introduction of the SDA Reference 4.5's
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • msg
    Options
    I'm kinda not sure whether to give that an LOL or a "holy woses, Paul knows somethin'"
    I disabled signatures.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Must......resist......705 towers

Ditto :)
  • msg
    Options
    Honestly, my only hesitation is trying to sell these 703s....but then again, I could move them to the HT and just buy the LSIM center and surrounds.....yeah, that's the ticket!
    Man, I'd hang on to both until you decide which you like best. I had the opportunity to pick up 705s last year after waiting a year and a half, and I like them a lot, but if I could only have one set of speakers, I don't know, I'd have to think seriously on letting 703s go. Versatile, and fantastic on stands, but depends what you're after. The 705s are better balanced, but I do enjoy the plumpness of the 703s.

You might also have need of good speakers for a small 2ch sometime...

Seller's remorse is a B B)
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    Options
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    Do you know this or just made it up? SDA owners take this quite seriously. ;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • kevhed72
    Options
    I am a bit concerned my room is on the small side for the 705s.....room is roughly 14 x 11'.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I am a bit concerned my room is on the small side for the 705s.....room is roughly 14 x 11'.

Room size is good, with the assumption that your seating position will be 8-9' or even less to the speakers
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Options
    I've got 705s in a 12x12 room. No problems here. I'm using the 703 as monitors on my computer pushing FLAC files out to the Emotiva DAC and an Adcom 5500. Sweet sounding.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • kevhed72
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Room size is good, with the assumption that your seating position will be 8-9' or even less to the speakers
    That's what I was afraid of
  • kevhed72
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Honestly, my only hesitation is trying to sell these 703s....but then again, I could move them to the HT and just buy the LSIM center and surrounds.....yeah, that's the ticket!
    Man, I'd hang on to both until you decide which you like best. I had the opportunity to pick up 705s last year after waiting a year and a half, and I like them a lot, but if I could only have one set of speakers, I don't know, I'd have to think seriously on letting 703s go. Versatile, and fantastic on stands, but depends what you're after. The 705s are better balanced, but I do enjoy the plumpness of the 703s.

You might also have need of good speakers for a small 2ch sometime...

Seller's remorse is a B B)
    Soundstage, 3D, imaging....filling the entire room with sound. I'm not a huge bass guy....I wonder how much better the towers handle the mids and highs since they have dedicated woofers. See what I'm doing here....

• Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    Options
    And that would be a problem WHY???
    1hsz1y9zkp68.jpg
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • msg
    Options
    Soundstage, 3D, imaging....filling the entire room with sound. I'm not a huge bass guy....I wonder how much better the towers handle the mids and highs since they have dedicated woofers. See what I'm doing here....
    You should have been an attorney.
    705s to be remanded to kev pending order completion.
    Court is adjourned.

dtehpi6mu5rz.gif
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,574
    Options

Then you must get the 707's....boom done
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    I started with the 703's and really enjoy them for 50% off 2 years ago. So when I got the chance I did upgrade to the 705's and the 703's are my surrounds. really enjoyed the 705's in music & HT with the added bass but its not overkill.

so my HT setup is complete for now. Now the Ushers are pushing my 705's to the side. but the 705's are very good.and will get plenty of music playtime now & Then and all HT duties.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    Options
    I am happy with my 705's. Started with 703's and a 706 center and added the 705's just a couple of months ago through an audorama sale. Now the 703's are my rears. I think I am good on speakers for a while.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,906
    Options
    I have my cart full, just not sure if I want to upgrade from the RTiA9 set up just yet..

It is tempting.. and we haven't had the movie time in the last few weeks with all that is going on but man that's a great price..
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I have my cart full, just not sure if I want to upgrade from the RTiA9 set up just yet..

It is tempting.. and we haven't had the movie time in the last few weeks with all that is going on but man that's a great price..

Pull the trigger man. If there is anyone here that deserves them, it's you.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gurot1
    Options
    I should have mentioned in my opening post that I am not responsible for any impulse buys that this thread will lead to. Now let's let the enabling continue :p
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Ok since I really don't have the time to redo my HT, and not sure when we will have time to even watch a movie, I do find small moments when I turn on my 2 channel rig, and I have been wanting a set of 707's for a while now so I pulled the trigger on a set of "em"...

Who knows maybe next year Polk will do the same thing, and I will pick up the center, and surrounds. But I'm sure I will have some fun with the 707's in my 2 channel rig..
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Congrats man....

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Ok since I really don't have the time to redo my HT, and not sure when we will have time to even watch a movie, I do find small moments when I turn on my 2 channel rig, and I have been wanting a set of 707's for a while now so I pulled the trigger on a set of "em"...

Who knows maybe next year Polk will do the same thing, and I will pick up the center, and surrounds. But I'm sure I will have some fun with the 707's in my 2 channel rig..

Do you have the CSiA6?? If so I think it will do well overall with 707's

Congrats
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Do you have the CSiA6?? If so I think it will do well overall with 707's

Congrats

I do..

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    Do you know this or just made it up? SDA owners take this quite seriously. ;)

I just made it up. :#

But I do wonder....

We know from Polk posting here that they are looking to streamline their offerings. It seems they have settled on 3 levels of speakers. "The Beginner" "The Signature" and "The Enthusiast".

The first two levels have just been updated with the "T-Series" and the "Signature Series"

There have also been little nuggets dropped here and there about "exciting stuff coming".

Color me extremely optimistic, but I feel like "The Enthusiast" line (currently the LSiM) may be up next??
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A