What Summer Live Music Concerts You Planning to Attend?

Options
gfong
gfong Posts: 1,079
edited May 2017 in The Clubhouse
I'm going to be busy both sides of the border this Summer/Fall!

Starting in a couple weeks...

The XX in Toronto
The Flatliners in London
Neil Diamond in Toronto
Tim McGraw/Faith Hill Soul2Soul in Toronto
Against Me! in Toronto
Third Eye Blind w/ The Silversun Pickups in Toronto
Boston w/ Joan Jett in Toronto
Little Big Town in Nashville, TN
Sammy Hagar and The Circle in Toledo, Ohio
Janet Jackson In Toledo, Ohio

few others on the radar as well but no tickets yet...
edit.. added Against Me in Toronto.. forgot about that one.

what about you... anyone you going to see?
Post edited by gfong on

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Just saw one Wed night. Clutch at Highland Brewing Co. Asheville NC.
    If there were doors on the field, they would have wound up in the next county.
  • sgtmick63
    sgtmick63 Posts: 166
    Options
    Foreigner, Cheap Trick at Bethel Woods, NY in July.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    None...to fookin hot here in TX :#

Fall shows for me B)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Fall shows for me B)

You betcha!..Used to live outside Alvin...one of the only places I have ever been to and worked where you can drink more than a case of beer a day,not get a buzz or gain an ounce!...LOL!..
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Msabot1 wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Fall shows for me B)

You betcha!..Used to live outside Alvin...one of the only places I have ever been to and worked where you can drink more than a case of beer a day,not get a buzz or gain an ounce!...LOL!..

I live right around the corner in League City

But I do enjoy concerts at Cynthia Mitchell Woods Pavilion

1hbhx2q16fk8.jpg
    e2tjwcs3nzd4.jpg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Msabot1
    Options
    Used to catch a lot of good ones at the He's Not Here icehouse!!...
  • Msabot1
    Options
    Also Tom Petty will be here on his anniversary tour..seen the Heartbreakers five times before,but I'm going to have to catch this one!...
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Options
    Caught Brit Floyd a few weeks ago in DC and they were so good I'm going to see them again a couple Mondays from now in Richmond. If you're a Floyd fan, they're very much worth seeing.

But my BIG win this year are third row seats to see Tool in Fairfax on May 24th. This is a bucket list show for me as I've been a fan since 1992 but have never seen them live. The calendar can't spin fast enough!
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,647
    Options
    Seeing Sammy Hagar in June and Earth wind and fire in September.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I am done with concerts, too many people. Besides anyone that I wanted to see is either dead or too old. I was thinking about going to the symphony at the Dizzy concert hall in L.A. but L.A. makes me incontinent.
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Options
    Going to see Paramore in Dublin, Ireland in June and Muse in Toronto in July.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the outdoor shows these days. Did see Petty in Memphis on the way home from LSAF and I purchased tix to the Cincy shoe on the strength of that one. Would like to catch JT if I can score a decent seat at a decent price. Hoping to catch the Turnpike Troubadours again this summer as well.
  • andrew82
    andrew82 Posts: 144
    Options
    The only outdoor show I'm currently lined up to see is Chance the Rapper in June.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    edited May 2017
    Options
    http://www.iowaspeedway.com/news-media/2017/04/17/metallica-live-nation-release/

Metallica

http://willienelson.com/tour/

Willie Nelson 3 days later B)

Will need the rest of the summer to recoup
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 748
    Options
    Indoor shows for me. Roger Waters in June at Staples Center and The Who in July at Caesar's Palace.
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

Marantz PM8004 Integrated
    Marantz SA8004 SACD Player
    Music Hall mmf 7.3 TT with Ortofon Bronze
    WiiM Mini
    Schiit Bifrost with Multibit Upgrade
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • kharp1
    Options
    Caught the Roger Waters Wall tour a couple of years ago, was a good show.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Also Tom Petty will be here on his anniversary tour..seen the Heartbreakers five times before,but I'm going to have to catch this one!...

Caught this Concert in St. Louis last Fri. evening, warm up via Joe Walsh. The Heartbreakers have added a couple of girls to the group, nice addition.

An excellent show by anyones standards.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    edited May 2017
    Options
    So far I have lady antebellum(wife). Paul McCartney, Rufus Wainwright and around here, a lot of the local feasts have bigger names like 38 special, Kansas, 7th heaven on one in Joliet on the same night. Or rib fest has Colt Ford, Toby Keith, b52's and flock of seagulls, wallflowers, better then Ezra, collective soul, shine down.

With many of the Chicagoland local feasts, any any weekend you can see bigger named bands.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Msabot1
    Options

Caught this Concert in St. Louis last Fri. evening, warm up via Joe Walsh. The Heartbreakers have added a couple of girls to the group, nice addition.

Walsh is opening..good in his own right...One of those gals wasn't Stevie was it?..She has always considered herself to be an unofficial Heartbreaker..Should be a killer night nevertheless!...
  • Msabot1
    Options
    U2 in two weeks!

Another good one I would catch...Last time I saw them was at Red Rocks beaucoup years ago...
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options

Walsh is opening..good in his own right...One of those gals wasn't Stevie was it?..She has always considered herself to be an unofficial Heartbreaker..Should be a killer night nevertheless!...

No, no Stevie, I saw that interview with Petty when he told Stevie " Sorry, but there ain't no chicks in the Heartbreakers". I was kinda surprised to see the young ladies that had joined the group. I think they two are sisters. Great voices and not too hard to look at either ;)
  • Msabot1
    Options
    U2 in two weeks!

Another good one I would catch...Last time I saw them was at Red Rocks beaucoup years ago...

They're my all-time favorite band, and this will be my third (and my wife's second) time seeing them. I've grown up listening to The Joshua Tree, so it'll be great to hear it played in full.

Was it this show the one you went to?

7ocqf16e89li.jpg

Before that..82 83 maybe...Bono was saying that there was only one flag..the white flag...Got a chick out of the audience and said Would You Dance With
    Me?...Great show!..
  • Msabot1
    Options
    U2 in two weeks!

They're my all-time favorite band, and this will be my third (and my wife's second) time seeing them. I've grown up listening to The Joshua Tree, so it'll be great to hear it played in full.

7ocqf16e89li.jpg

Before that..82 83 maybe...Bono was saying that there was only one flag..the white flag...Got a chick out of the audience and said Would You Dance With
    Me?...Great show!..

Also remembered it was raining...didnt matter!!..
  • Msabot1
    Options
    U2 in two weeks!

7ocqf16e89li.jpg

Me?...Great show!..

Also remembered it was raining...didnt matter!!..

That was it! It poured during the day of the show, almost canceling it. It was 1983, and they were touring to promote Boy. It's a fun show to watch, especially since it occurred soon before I was born.

John...I don't think they called it Under A Blood Red Sky back then...Went up there from Albuquerque and it was billed as U2 At Red Rocks..It was a killer show and when Bono got that chick out of the crowd and danced,the whole place went nuts..Never seen the video of it..do have a cassette of it someplace..I'll get a copy of the video and check it out...I'm sure it will bring back some fine memories!..By the way..I think Boy is one of the finest debut albums that any group has ever done...
  • kharp1
    Options

Those are The Webb Sisters from England. Yes, they are a great addition. He just about always has backup singers and these are stellar! The smaller one is EPIC!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    I'm going to see Beatles, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin
  • kharp1
    Options
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    Yeah, those two sisters with Tom Petty are top-shelf singers and also "10's" in every other way imaginable. I'm for sure going to see Petty again in early July, and Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, Sheryl Crow several days later, also going to see Dave Rawlings Machine a couple times and probably Gillian Welch. Going to Dylan Days in Duluth in two weeks with various tribute bands.