Unintended de-rail...so a tribute to Mom & Dad

Options
steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,522
We lost our Mom (6 Apr) and Dad (21 Apr) recently. While not unexpected, we just didn't expect it this soon. They both passed peacefully, and for that I thank God, daily. Anywho, enough tears--they lived a great life, were married 61 years, and impressed upon us above all else: Integrity, honesty, empathy.

Here's a pic of Dad & I a few days after Mom passed, doing his favorite thing; a burger and a beer:
efzjocwvka42.jpg

A pic of Mom last Halloween with Avery, her grand daughter:
1ulwmzq41ymz.jpg

Dad was buried with military honors, and Mom with him at Jefferson Barracks, Saint Louis, Mo.

Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2

Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Sorry for your losses. That's pretty rough. We are never truly prepared, but it looks like they both led long happy lives.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    Sorry for your losses. You never really get over it but it sounds like you have lots of good memories with them. That helps.
  • steveinaz
    Options
    Thanks Dave.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    Options
    My Condolences Steve as it's never easy, and wow 61 years of marriage wonderful.

Roger
  • steveinaz
    Options
    Thank you Roger, they set a great example for us.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    My condolences...together in life...together in death...together in eternity...RIP..travel well...
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Sorry for your loss, must take comfort in the many great years they had together.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,031
    Options
    Sorry to hear your loss. I hope you feel better soon.
  • steveinaz
    Options
    Thank you all. I had Dad buried with my Kuwait Liberation Medal on his chest. Miss that ol hard a__ marine.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    Sorry to hear of this Steve, my condolences and prayers to you and your family.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    Sorry for your loss Steve, 61 years is amazing!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Sorry for you loss. Loosing one is hard enough but both in that's short of a time period.....
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • steveinaz
    Options
    Thank you fellers.
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Options
    Truly sorry for your loss. That's rough losing both of them so close together. I hope you find comfort in the good memories and legacy they left behind. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    Options
    So sorry to hear Steve. I can only imagine the loss that you feel. Prayers for your family.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Please accept my condolences on your loss, Steve.
  • Derm
    Derm Posts: 95
    Options
    My condolences Steve.
    It is tough losing parents and even worse when they go so close together.

I lost my Dad on Dec. 23 and my mom the previous September and both were sudden so it knocks you off kilter for sure.
    Everyone mourns in different ways.
    I choose to not be really sad about it because they were both fabulous parents so I think back to the many good memories we had together and kind of celebrate their memory in that way.

Celebrate a good life lived and not a life lost is how I look at it.

Based on what you described about your parents I think you look at their passing in the same way.
    All the best.
    Speakers
    Front - LsiM707, Front presence - LsiM703, Future ATMOS - VS 700LS
    Center - LsiM706c, Rear surrounds - 80 F/X LS, VS 900LS. Sub - (pair) Klipsch R-12SW
    AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE
    Main HT - LG 4K 75”, Sony UBXP800M2
    Bedroom HT - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector, Spare room HT LG 50” plasma, Yamaha BD-671
    Office - Pioneer X-CM56, Bose iPod dock
    In Storage - 4 - RTiA9, RtiA3, CSiA6, FXiA4, Blackstone TL1

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    Options
    Steve,
    Losing a parent is never easy; I know your heart must be heavy. Their testament of love for each other shows in the 61 yrs of marriage and your father choosing to leave this earth when the other was gone. My condolences to you - have been to Jeff Baracks many times.

Kevin
    [
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Great photos/memories, so sorry for your loss.

I don't know what else to say, must have been a great marriage to last so long, don't see too much of that nowadays.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,878
    Options
    My condolences to you and the family. I remember a while back your mom kicking cancers butt. I'm sorry for the loss of both parents.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Steve, my condolences to you and your family for the sad loss of your parents. They seemed like lovely folks. And what an amazing marriage of 61 years! With God's grace they passed peacefully, and I know God will send you a lot of love to get you through this tough time. I will say a prayer for you bro. Stay strong.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,341
    Options
    From the Reitz household to yours, please accept our sincerest condolences. Sounds like they were great folks to have known. Though this may not help ease your pain, feel good that you were blessed to have had them in your life (and given you the actual gift of life). That's priceless.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    Sorry for your loss, my sincere condolences. They looked like great folks! Prayers for all.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    Sorry for your loss Steve. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Great folks.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,464
    Options
    awww, Steve, I'm so sorry, buddy.
    Good that they had each other for so long.
    There's just never enough time...
    Keeping you all in my thoughts.
    I disabled signatures.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    Like Msg said "There's just never enough time"

Glad they passed peacefully, my condolences sir.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,275
    Options
    They both passed peacefully

were married 61 years, and impressed upon us above all else: Integrity, honesty,
    empathy.

Dad was buried with military honors, and Mom with him at Jefferson Barracks, Saint Louis, Mo.

They sound like very honorable people. I'm very familiar with JB and would offer that they couldn't ask for a better final resting place among other honorable people.

a burger and a beer:

:) That was very nice. They were honorable folks and it would appear that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Sal Palooza
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I had Dad buried with my Kuwait Liberation Medal on his chest. Miss that ol hard a__ marine.
    Prayers for comfort for you and your family, Steve. I know the integrity and honor your father had and your parents' devotion to each other will be loving memories you will always carry with you, and which will shine through in your life. Semper Fi, brother.

Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Steve, my deepest condolences for your loss. But they are truly soul mates together in life and in death.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2