Potential GTG in Indy...

Options

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    @txcoastal1
    Don't thumbs up his comment you nerf herder!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited May 2017
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Wife said no go. Wedding that weekend.

No worries. Appreciate the thought!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    I'm moving from maybe to probably? It looks like I will be able to be there, but, I just got home today from LSAF and I got a ticket doing 107 on the way back. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep my license. It's always something...
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2017
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    I'm moving from maybe to probably? It looks like I will be able to be there, but, I just got home today from LSAF and I got a ticket doing 107 on the way back. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep my license. It's always something...

No worries man. If you come let me know if you want to hear some Ushers on a Dayens Ampino.... I know a guy :wink:@indyhawg

For anyone coming I've got Polk LSi 15s, some mega subs, a set of Usher V601s, and a B&K 200.5 amp with Kimber Kable 8VS biwire cables. I also have some DIY jobs that use Dougs 10 gauge Furez wire, and a set of his jumpers.

In a box I've got a Cambridge Audio SR20 that's a 125 WPC 8ohm integrated with sub out and remote. It's got Phono in I think, 3.5mm in and then a couple digital options and maybe another set of analog ins.

I'm open to folks bringing stuff and I've got a pair of 22" Sanus Ultimate stands filled with sand that are spiked we can use if need be.

We can listen to all, some or none of my gear depending on what shows up and what folks want. I'm flexible.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    I should be able to make it. As of now, I think I have that weekend free.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Updated list:

Coming:
    • lightman1
    • oldrocker
    • indyhawg
    • trav0810

Not Coming:
    • tophatjohnny

Maybe:
    • Skip
    • ErnieJade
    • Pitdogg
    • kharp1

If interested in showing just let me know.

If you have gear you'd be interested in bringing for others to look at/hear/demo, just post what you got.

I'm open to rearranging whatever we need to make things work.

• EndersShadow
    Options
    Here is my layout for those interested. As stated we can move stuff around provided we move it BACK before everyone leaves lol..

I figured depending on what comes we can rearrange the dining room for a smaller listening area, or move into the loft upstairs if needed but it might be a bit more cramped.

6711D7C2-D9B7-4ED8-B4C1-EA14D821BA32.jpg
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Is your sub completed yet? If I brought the kef, got a sub to use with it?
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    Options
    Forgot need wifi also
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    Forgot need wifi also

WiFi pffft, Dan's computer stupid and still uses dial up...

....to call his mommy
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • EndersShadow
    Options

Hehehe... I got a 18" Ultimax, a Outlaw Audio LFM-1, and a box with 4 12s :smile:

And of course I have wifi lol
  • erniejade
    Options
    Did you want me to bring the KEF's? As it stands right now, I can go!
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Did you want me to bring the KEF's? As it stands right now, I can go!

Sure. I'd love to hear em. And you could do a compare to your old Ushers if you wanted :smile:

Anyone else want to bring stuff gear wise? @trav0810, @oldrocker

What do folks want food/snack wise? I'm going to say it's BYOB as everyone likes different things, and there are a couple places nearby to buy stuff.

I could do some chips and salsa, Chips, Pretzels, etc for snacks, and for lunch I'm open to ideas.

I've got a nice grill (gas or charcoal) so we could do burgers and brats and whatnot

I will have some basic soda like Coke, Diet Coke, Diet Mountain Dew and could get another 2 liter or two for mixing if wanted.

I also will have a ice chest we can cool stuff down in.

Also what time do folks want to kick things off? I'm thinking maybe from say 10 or 11 and start winding down (the volume at least) around 6 or 7 give or take?

I'm cool to hang out as late as folks want, just need to turn it down a bit once Scarlett goes down, and heck I've got a fire pit if folks wanted to do a fire and sit and chat later into the evening.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    Been years since I started having fun at 10 pm and went to 6'ish in the AM. >:)
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    oldrocker wrote: »

Hahahahah.... yeah about that...

You know I meant a 10 am start time lol....
  • oldrocker
    Options

Hahahahah.... yeah about that...

You know I meant a 10 am start time lol....

What? Damn, I even been practicing my funky 80's dance moves.

FYI, if you need me to bring some snacks/drinks or whatever??? Let me know.
  • oldrocker
    Options
    Are your Ushers the same one's Jeff has?
  • EndersShadow
    Options

Nope, lower models. V-601. Not sure what Jeff @indyhawg has
  • erniejade
    Options
    For me I am thinking more like noon since you are an hour ahead of me
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    For me I am thinking more like noon since you are an hour ahead of me

Yup, no worries, I figured you'd show when you could because of the time change and we'd already be jamming or just shooting the "stuff".

No rush on arrival times as long as your not early, and no real rush on when to leave.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    I'll bring the cooking oil and plastic tarps.
    Good times!
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Good times!

:s:s:s Ewww....NO PICS IF IT HAPPENS

hairy bean bag Twister..... :s:s:s
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Good times!

:s:s:s Ewww....NO PICS IF IT HAPPENS

hairy bean bag Twister..... :s:s:s

I'll send you a glossy 8 X 10 of the action.
    With a description written on the back.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    Good times!

You can always count on Russ to liven up a party. Yeehaa
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options

Dave--I have the BE 718's.

• erniejade
    edited May 2017
    Options
    What time do the midgets arrive? I don't want to miss them.
  • EndersShadow
    Options

Lol. Well the oldest midget will be gone the entire time. The littlest midget can be around the entire time but I figured I'd drop her off and pick her up around 5:00.

• txcoastal1
    Options

Josh is offended

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    I more than likely will not be able to make it until after 5. Kids activities are starting to take away from audio time.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options

Hehehe... I got a 18" Ultimax, a Outlaw Audio LFM-1, and a box with 4 12s :smile:

And of course I have wifi lol

Are you trying to implode something? Geezz louise