tsx 330T a little bright sounding for music ??

Options
13»

Comments

• dannylightning
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    deronb1 wrote: »
    How do you like the Cambridge 651 with the 703s?

well. i would say it sounds very clean and clear. i can pick out what type of effects were used in the studio for vocals and the guitar parts on allot of songs. overall it sounds pretty natural and balanced with nice detail. the bass is impressive, vocals and instruments sound pretty realistic. on really good recordings i kick back and close my eyes and kind of forget where i am.. i open my eyes and realize all this big rich sound is coming from a little set of speakers.

with out hearing a bunch of other amps with these speakers its hard to say if my opinion would change but it seems to be a very good combo.

Thank you. Good to know. Have had 703s for about a week now with an older, high current Onkyo. Like what im hearing, but thinking Cambridge as well.

with both of my amps in pure direct my Cambridge sounds kind of similar to the denon tone wise but the Cambridge is noticeably cleaner and smother, it sounds more nautural IMO, i have not put the 703's on the denon yet tho...

im not sure how that new Cambridge line sound but the azru line sounds really nice to me, mine has plenty of power, with the volume knob around 9 o colock i get readings that jump between 70 and 80 decibels on my db meter (not sure if its accurate). its rare i ever turn it up past the 9 o clock or 10 o clock mark. once or twice i had the volume on this amp at 12 o clock and its very loud. very loud, your ears may start ringing loud if you listen to it like that for a long time.

but as far as this combo most recordings sound warm to neutral and it seems to recreate the recording really well, when i listen to old delta blues it sounds as if i am hearing a recording of a actual vintage guitar amp, with other speakers i had it kind of colored the sound and did not have the i am hearing a actual vintage amp feel.

Cambridge Azur 651A
    Polk LSi M703
    Sonos Connect