Selling Black HALO Parasound P5 Pre-amp.

Options
Purchased from Audio Advisor October 2015, will ship in their excellent packaging (double boxed with foam). No issues, no problems, couple of marks on rear top of case, photos show great condition & marks. Includes remote, manual, power cord.
I am using my Cambridge Audio azur 851D Upsampling DAC/Digital Pre-Amp to do all the work.
I know most of you are familiar with the P5, if not suggest you go to Audio Advisor or Google it. Photos below are of this unit. Price $745.00 including shipping within mainland US. Paypal preferred, includes all fees. Shipping from Houston, Texas. $700.00 if you pick up.
x0am0kknseur.jpg
v3xihautwtvg.jpg
5zpxjirse4la.jpg
nlelhw42eqva.jpg
1ydgw1dndmtk.jpg
jtoanpccxtji.jpg

Comments

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Calling @nbrowser !
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Sorry, double post, vanilla went all fudgy on me.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    Good deal on this P5. I have had mine for almost 2 years now, no regrets.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,916
    Options
    I'm interested but not home right now..
  • jayman_1975
    jayman_1975 Posts: 672
    Options
    Interested
    Onkyo TX NR 5008 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Oppo BDP 93 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Arcam CD37
    Monitor Audio Gold GS 60
    Revolver Audio Music 5 towers.(surround)
    Vandersteen V2W
  • sakfaz85
    sakfaz85 Posts: 18
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hello - I am interested - can paypal funds today - I will PM - I need this! - I really do!!! I have spent months looking for a black a23, and p5 combo sadly

thank you
    Haris
    Post edited by sakfaz85 on
  • sakfaz85
    Options
    @la2vegas LOL - these things are hard to come by..Trust me, I have been looking :)
  • sakfaz85
    Options
    actually before I buy this hopefully - can you guys answer my question? - so this will be used in a 2.1 channel setup. PC > P5 DAC > from P5 I will crossover my mains amp (A23)@ 60HZ, and I will use the sub output from P5 crossed over at 50hz. Does the P5 offer any type of slope control? My current DAC is an amazing IFI imicro DSD. I am curious to hear the DAC on P5. From reviews it looks pretty good! also this might be a dumb question, but does the sub output still work if I am using the DAC on P5?
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Why would you set one @ 60 and the other @50, you would be missing 10 Hz in the bass range. The P5 has high and low pass that you in general should use the other to pick back up where the other one leaves off.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    Why would you set one @ 60 and the other @50, you would be missing 10 Hz in the bass range. The P5 has high and low pass that you in general should use the other to pick back up where the other one leaves off.

Pretty much it right there. I found the P5 crossover to be completely sufficient when I had it. Play around with it and see what you think first.
  • sakfaz85
    edited May 2017
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »

hmm - correct me if I am wrong, but dont we have to account for roll off? frequencies dont drop flat, if a sub is set to 50hz, it is still producing some frequencies above the 50hz mark depending on the filter slope?. But yes experimenting would be the best way to find out :)

thanks again
  • ukcolin99
    ukcolin99 Posts: 286
    Options
    Not sure if sakfaz85 is buying or not, I have another offer, letting the dust settle. Please confirm your best offer, or leave as is, highest offer at 5:00pm cst Friday wins or first to agree to asking price. Thank you.
  • sakfaz85
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I am interested - I PM'd you :)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Carry on.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    I see your point Skip. I'll edit my post.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I see your point Skip. I'll edit my post.

Cranky old phart.....
  • F1nut
    Options
    Takes one to know one....

President of Club Polk

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Speaking of Russ and pharts

zyj62an56iiz.png