Lightning Cable Solution

JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 252
As a frequent flier, I rely on my Shure IEMs (with memory foam buds) and music via my iPhone to keep things quiet.
My upgrade to an iPhone 7 forced the use of the included lightning cable to 3.5 mm adapter.
While effective, I learned at NAMM that Shure had plans for a lightning cable with mic that has a built in DAC, and is fully compatible with most of their IEM units, including mine.
They have listed the item as "available in the spring" since January, and it's almost summer. I queried their customer service this week and was told there is not definitive release date as of yet.
Was wondering if anyone knew of another solution to improve sound coming out of the lightning port.
I've considered an Oppo HA-2SE, but would like to avoid something else to have to carry around (hence the appeal of the Shure replacement cable).
Any thoughts / advise appreciated.
Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; Fronts – Polk R20s ; Center – Polk CS175i ;
Sub – PSW 350 ; Rear – FXi4s

2 Channel Studio: Plinius 9100 Integrated ; Marantz CD 5004 ; Teac TN 300 and Rega RP1 TTs ; LCRMKIII Phonograph Preamp;
Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Rhythmik F12 SE Sub ; Zu and Audioquest cables

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark. The only thing that makes it look light is the sun."

Comments

• codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 1,072
    Didn't know Oppo made a Headphone DAC/Amp but dang that thing looks good. Worth $300 not sure but sure looks the part.
    Living room

Mains: SDA 2B Studio
    Lows: Velodyne CHT12
    Power: Marantz SR7000
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' Curved

2 Channel/Bedroom

Polk TSI 200
    Power: Yamaha Av34
    CDP: Technics SL-PD688
    TT: Pioneer PL510

Noggin Rockin'

Grado SR80e
    Harman Kardon CL
    Bravo V2 12AU7

Closet of Dreams:

Marantz PM235
    Harman Kardon AVR130
    Yamaha HTR5590
    Paradigm Monitor 90
    Polk RTA11TL

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88