Lightning Cable Solution

Options
Jaybeez
Jaybeez Posts: 748
As a frequent flier, I rely on my Shure IEMs (with memory foam buds) and music via my iPhone to keep things quiet.
My upgrade to an iPhone 7 forced the use of the included lightning cable to 3.5 mm adapter.
While effective, I learned at NAMM that Shure had plans for a lightning cable with mic that has a built in DAC, and is fully compatible with most of their IEM units, including mine.
They have listed the item as "available in the spring" since January, and it's almost summer. I queried their customer service this week and was told there is not definitive release date as of yet.
Was wondering if anyone knew of another solution to improve sound coming out of the lightning port.
I've considered an Oppo HA-2SE, but would like to avoid something else to have to carry around (hence the appeal of the Shure replacement cable).
Any thoughts / advise appreciated.
2 Channel "Polk" Room:

Marantz PM8004 Integrated
Marantz SA8004 SACD Player
Music Hall mmf 7.3 TT with Ortofon Bronze
WiiM Mini
Schiit Bifrost with Multibit Upgrade
Polk 7B with RDO198s

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    Didn't know Oppo made a Headphone DAC/Amp but dang that thing looks good. Worth $300 not sure but sure looks the part.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member