Classic Infinity speakers

Options
2»

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Did Infinity make some pyramid shaped speakers back in the 70's?

I think you are referring to the JBL's which I can't recall the model #.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 342
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Here are the extremely rare and drool-worthy Infinity Renaissance 90's in piano black! These speakers had many coats of actual piano lacquer and look amazing. I looked around for a pair when I was in the market, but figured life is too short & settled for black ash instead.

ja73vanjqcoa.jpg

w1jlevm5bqye.jpg

q1ctdkkws7a3.jpg

zg7hw7rblbvk.jpg

rdrdgrsa7ba0.jpg

• Areinaldo
    Areinaldo Posts: 3
    Options
    Bodhi wrote: »
    Irrenhaus wrote: »
    This are for sale in the Bay Area no Idea on them. And no relation to the seller.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/6111440200.html

Cheers
    That does look like a clean pair of Betas, though I tend to avoid most Infinity classifieds that sound too good to be true...especially when they show up on Craigslist. Other red flags about this ad;

- The speakers are advertised at roughly half the current going rate for a near mint pair
    - The seller is inexplicably coy about who did the modifications to the Betas, the specifics of what work was carried out, and offers no paperwork to certify the work
    - No reference to how many times these speakers have changed hands, or whether he has the original receipt of purchase
    - No reference to shipping details or whether the seller has the original boxes
    - The seller does not offer PayPal as a payment option
    - No offfer of home demo for local buyers
    - Craigslist apparently provide no information or f'back about sellers, so you don't know who you're dealing with

Too many red flags for me. For anyone in the market for classic Infinity's, I'd also strongly advise you to avoid dealing with a Texan Doctor named Larry Schwartz ('lwschwartz' on forums). He screwed me on a pair of Infinity speakers I bought from him and had shipped to Australia years ago. He even had the front to refer me to one of his friends selling Infinity parts (also from Texas) who claimed to pass on the proceeds to charity. This Charity guy also scammed me! I can't say I wasn't warned though...a guy on Audiokarma told me not to deal with a Doctor in Texas selling Infinity speakers. Hands down that was the worst experience I've had in 26 years in this hobby, and turned me off buying 2nd hand gear. (That same guy cautioned me about dealing with an EBay seller 'Magicmarksy').

Hi thanks for the info. No plans on getting those. Just did not what they are.

Cheers
    Rey
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No worries Rey. Good luck with the speaker auditioning!
  • Thoucbo711
    Options
    Back in the early 70s the lower priced infinity’s we’re all nice sounding. I owned the 1001s, Monitors and the 2000axt. My brother still has the older Holisonic one speaker. I still own a pair of Ohm A speakers, from that same time period. The low priced Infinity’s sounded real good for the money