Rotel RSX-1055 for $175?

Badiveganaf
Badiveganaf Posts: 15
edited May 2017 in Electronics
Hi,
I'm looking to replace my Onkyo Receiver and found the Rotel RSX-1055 for $175. I don't know much about receivers and I'm hoping someone could tell me if this is worth for the price or not. I currently have RTi70, CSi 60 and SVS PB12 Plus connected to the Onkyo. Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

Pardon me if this is not the right room to post this. Please let me know if I should post my question in a different room.

bj82t5sxjz04.jpg

Best Answers

• Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Answer ✓
    Little searching as a newbie might be helpful.
    Google is your friend.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/8889/rotel-rsx-1055-or-nad-t752

Does sound like a decent price if everything works.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • Badiveganaf
    Answer ✓
    Thanks again Legender for your help, I was planning to cancel my meeting with the seller until I saw your comment and read the link. I just want to share with you how the transaction unfolded.

After I introduced myself to Scot and chatted for a little bit, he went to grab the amp and to my surprise, came out with it the original shipping box when he bought it years ago.
    070smi6cn6do.jpg

Turned out he kept everything that was included when he received it. I couldn't be any happier!
    7yfah8tfhf7a.jpg

As I was helping him pull the amp from the box, I was trying hard not show how happy I am about how this beast is in mint condition.
    xjphdog51bxa.jpg

When it was completely out of the box, I didn't need to see anymore. I shook the guys hand to seal the deal and pay the man his money. ;)
    f1vfb4y08941.jpg

While putting it back in the box, we were talking about the reason why he updated and why I'm trying to replace my Onkyo. Scot was cool enough to throw in this Airport Express with the deal after he heard that my 18 years old son and my 10 years old daughter love to plug their phones to the stereo and listen to their music. His new amp came with a built in WiFi and Bluetooth and he has no use for this so wanted me to have it. I just bought a very expensive used Airport Express that came with a As I was helping him pull the amp from the box, I was trying hard not show how happy I am about how this beast is in mint condition.
    It can not get any better than this! You're pretty awesome Scot! Thanks Bro!
    rp7znux9dv4a.jpg

Answers

• Badiveganaf
    Thank you Legender, the link helped big time to make the decision. The seller is the first owner and recently just upgraded to a newer model. I'll find out in an hour if everything works when I meet the person. Thanks again Bro!
  • jayman_1975
    jayman_1975 Posts: 672
    That sounds like a heck of a deal for that Rotel amp.
    Onkyo TX NR 5008 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Oppo BDP 93 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Arcam CD37
    Monitor Audio Gold GS 60
    Revolver Audio Music 5 towers.(surround)
    Vandersteen V2W
  • Badiveganaf
    Thanks jayman_1975!
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Great looking unit! I think you got a good deal on a quality unit.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.