Well no more Zappa for me

afterburntafterburnt Posts: 2,915
I am glad I completed my antemortem collection of his work, I could alway use more of the stuff being released by his estate until now that is. Too bad he raised a couple of sleep dirt kids. Sad, I sure hope Dweezil prevails.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/entertainment/music/sd-et-music-dweezil-zappa-20170421-story,amp.html

Comments

• FTGVFTGV Posts: 3,480
    edited May 2
    Wow that is some serious D..baggery.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 6,565
    That's a damn same Dweezil should of got 100% of the rights or an equal share for all so no one offspring can foul up the others. Seems to me he is the only one with pure intentions to carry on with Franks legacy.
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 5,642
    The sad thing is, there's more than enough money for all those kids. Dweezil's got some real talent, if you get a chance to see his show its great. What a shame. Trying to keep him from using his given surname? Really?
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 2,915
    Maybe I can send Dweezil a check? I wont give a cent to those other dirt bags.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Posts: 1,551
    It's called greed. Frank should have done better with his will than to entrust it all to his 2nd wife.
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 2,915
    I wonder when he wrote it, he was kind of a wreck in his last interview.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Posts: 1,551
    edited May 20
    “Dweezil Zappa’s Cease and Desist Tour 2016”
    To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Frank's first album Freak Out!

This tour's setlist has an emphasis on Frank's earlier psychedelic music. This great group of musicians is clearly up to the task. Dweezil alludes to his current family/legal issues only once but doesn't act bitter or angry.

Dweezil Zappa - 2016-07-08 Plays Whatever the F@%k He Wants!
    Port Chester, NY (AUD) [Bootleg]
    16gekcm.jpg
    a5kkk7.jpg

Capitol Theater – Port Chester, NY 07/08/2016 (Gatecrasher’s Birthday)
    Entire Set in Video Link Below

• gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 5,469
    edited May 21
    Dweezil has his dad's nose and guitar skills, he has carried on and kept the music going. I was listening to Lumpy Gravy earlier and the Wife say's what's that your listening to? I told her Frank and she said that's awful she's used to the Apostrophe, Overnite Sensation stuff and likes those.